Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Most people on these forums are completely fucked up. "MMORPGs are a grind and that's it". How about improving this instead of saying there's no other way? Wouldn't you like to do something fucking EXCITING AND NEW instead of killing the same shit for the 3000th time just to add another little fucking rectangle to a huge bar?
    If I have to choose between 3000th kill of same shit and WoD, guess what will I choose.

Yes, it is not good expansion for raid-loggers. WoD was great for them.

Dont you think others can have expansion they can enjoy? Cant please us all...

The thing I don't get is why didn't / don't they adjust the values of different mythic+ dungeons so that the ones that take longer reward a proportional amount vs the time investment.

It wouldn't feel so insanely repetitive if we were running just completely random dungeons from the entire pool instead of 2-3 of them, predominately 1.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Why are people complaining about optional grinds? I have grinded no AP and my artifact unlocked 35th trait already and the first tier isn't even complete. Now I get marginal gains so I still don't need to grind anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PPHH View Post
    Please mention a expansion where you didn't grind?
    As much as in Legion? None.

How do you get burned out? I'm 7/7M and I'm raiding two times a week, unlocked the basic 35 traits, with one additional trait.

No, you don't need to burn yourself out at all. It is all about your personal preference. That being said, the initial 35 traits are a necessity for mythic raiders, but anything beyond that is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Why are people complaining about optional grinds? I have grinded no AP and my artifact unlocked 35th trait already and the first tier isn't even complete. Now I get marginal gains so I still don't need to grind anything.
    Indeed. I actually only do the WQs that are worth doing(ie awarding the most AP, awarding the most order resources).

Legion has a lot of optional grinds, but in no way are they mandatory in order to remain competitive.

Let me guess - you are the type of player that woud like to log in only to do their weekly raid run (btw isnt raiding grinding? xD) and never show up in the world, then complain on forums how the world is dead and empty.

MMORPG is based on grind. They tried to get away from that in wod and look how it ended. People were both unhappy and leaving the game. Now, some of them are unhappy, but most of them keep playing cause there is a goal ahead of you all the time.

Lastly, noone is forcing you to do anything. If you dont like it - quit. Else you are missing the point of playing games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    How do you get burned out? I'm 7/7M and I'm raiding two times a week, unlocked the basic 35 traits, with one additional trait.

No, you don't need to burn yourself out at all. It is all about your personal preference. That being said, the initial 35 traits are a necessity for mythic raiders, but anything beyond that is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. I actually only do the WQs that are worth doing(ie awarding the most AP, awarding the most order resources).
    Sry to interrupt but how are 35 traits "a necessity" for mythic raiders and the rest of them are not? You are basically saying that you need 5% damage increase but you can do without the other 10% damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetrayer View Post
    Sry to interrupt but how are 35 traits "a necessity" for mythic raiders and the rest of them are not? You are basically saying that you need 5% damage increase but you can do without the other 10% damage increase.
    Because the initial 5% are a lot easier to get to and not many will deviate from that treshold. The encounters aren't scaled to the full power of an artifact either(ie it is not necessary to have it all unlocked in order to make the encounter doable).

Having all the traits will be relevant by the time the end-tier hits. By no means is it something meant to be achieved within the first few months of the expansion.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-12-25 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    Because the initial 5% are a lot easier to get to and not many will deviate from that treshold. The encounters aren't scaled to the full power of an artifact either(ie it is not necessary to have it all unlocked in order to make the encounter doable).

Having all the traits will be relevant by the time the end-tier hits.
    But we are talking about 6.5 mil AP ... thats casual level of play. Taday alone i had 600k AP on my map... Mythic raiders will want more.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBetrayer View Post
    But we are talking about 6.5 mil AP ... thats casual level of play. Taday alone i had 600k AP on my map... Mythic raiders will want more.
    Yeah. Blizzard knows we will want more, but they are expecting us to stretch it out. The few who can afford to play 24/7 and literally grind AP are free to do so. It is their choice and desire to be in the top charts early on and they have the right to be there if they play for it.

What I mean with this is that I can clearly see how Blizzard wants AP to remain relevant throughout the expansion, which is why they made the ridiculously high requirement for further leveling beyond level 35.

Deleted
    Yeah. Blizzard knows we will want more, but they are expecting us to stretch it out. The few who can afford to play 24/7 and literally grind AP are free to do so. It is their choice and desire to be in the top charts early on and they have the right to be there if they play for it.

What I mean with this is that I can clearly see how Blizzard wants AP to remain relevant throughout the expansion, which is why they made the ridiculously high requirement for further leveling beyond level 35.
    You are right, everyone with his own pace.

Every expansion has had grind. I think the OP is basically saying the grind is about ten times the hassle it has been in the past. This is far and away the grindiest expansion of them all.

- - - Updated - - -

Having all the traits will be relevant by the time the end-tier hits. By no means is it something meant to be achieved within the first few months of the expansion.
    Um. Actually, if we're grasping for straws here, when Blizzard was asked millions of times before Legion launched, about how long they wanted the artifact grind to be, they said, they were aiming for 3-4 months to max out an artifact. Turns out, it's about 6 unless you do thousands of mythic+ dungeons a month like that DK did.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    Might as well rename General Discussions to I Quit Legion/Legendary Discussions seeing as that's all that's posted there
    May as well rename MMO-C that. Not like it's any different in the class forums.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    MMOs are based on content that is designed around long term grinding and farming... This isn't something new...

In all seriousness, however, Legion offers some of the best randomization of repeatable content to date and if that is still an issue for you by that point, then you should look into either how much you play or if playing WoW, let alone any MMO, is something that truly interests you in the long-run.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    There's no way you are 35 without doing world quests or dungeons. If you do any world quests, or chain run multiple dungeons per week, I'd hate to break this news to you, but that is called grinding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Maybe because that *is* the genre. Like the entire pedigree is basically built on grinding exp points in a MUD. That's where this genre comes from. Repeatable content that gives you power gains.
    You re aware that wow became popular partly because it used to have far less grind than its concurrent when it was released, right ?

The issue in legion isn't the grind by itself, but rather that you need to grind endlessly the same content. In other expansions and/or games, usually, when you re done grinding something you move on to the next. But not in legion.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-12-25 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    There's no way you are 35 without doing world quests or dungeons. If you do any world quests, or chain run multiple dungeons per week, I'd hate to break this news to you, but that is called grinding.
    Doing WQ's is not grinding. Grinding is running mythics purely for the AP. I didn't even do daily heroics. I did WQ's for the emissary cache and that's all I did for WQ's. I did some mythics but not a ton, and did them for gear not for AP.

I don't think the problem is grinding in mmo's, but Legion only has ONE grind, it's Artifact power and gets SO damn boring in the long run, Titanforging and all the other RNG garbage doesn't help either

Legion - no grind at all so far in Legion. Of course, like any expansion - you can choose to grind if you enjoy it, but Legion had no grind required.

The reps got to exalted with little effort ... gearing up was almost too easy.

SO yeah - Legion required no grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    but Legion only has ONE grind, it's Artifact power and gets SO damn boring in the long run,
    Artifact power didn't need any grinding - the AK system ensured that. Doing 4 or 5 WQs a day isn't a grind by any definition.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    My monk is at 34/29/29 and I don't grind and i very rarely do AP WQ, unless it's a blue AP item or better.