Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Reforging only took, what, 1/3 of 1 stat and let you play with it? Even if reforging was in the problem probably would've been of equal magnitude. Reforging just didn't add enough of a stat.

If I remember right from MoP days it was 40%.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reforging only took, what, 1/3 of 1 stat and let you play with it? Even if reforging was in the problem probably would've been of equal magnitude. Reforging just didn't add enough of a stat.
    So turning this item:

500 Great stat
    1000 Shit stat

into this one:

900 Great stat
    600 Shit stat

Doesn't add enough?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly I loved reforging. It gave me a small way to micromanage my character (which I love).

Then again I loved the old school talent trees as well. Whether or not I had more control over my characters talents is debatable. I at least felt like I had more control.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Reforging isn't the proper solution. The right solution is making it so that classes and specs don't value secondaries more than primaries. That's the whole idea behind the 7.1.5 tuning down of secondaries.
    This will absolutely never be the case, they can't balance so many points perfectly it's just so unlikely just by chance that you can't use it as an argument against reforging

They always try to balance the stats, but when have they been equal? Absolutely never
    Last edited by Deztru; 2016-12-26 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Get rid of secondary stats. Base abilities and a primary stat + armor. Done. I fixed the game for everyone and made it easier to tune, less is better anyways. Ilvl increases would be obvious upgrades.

Wow I should be a developer. Hire me blizz.
    You are a good candidate to work for Blizzard. The amount of stupid in what you suggested is exactly they thing Blizzard wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    According to some of the fire mages in my guild.. They failed massively in that goal. But I have no idea if that's accurate or not
    They are just crying because they won't be super strong anymore.

whichever way you look at it, the game is getting dumbed down to retard level
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

I think this will only solve extreme ilvl upgrades. I don't see it fixing 5-10 ilvl upgrades. Your 2 BiS stats are going to still have more weight than 2 worst stats. For example as a healer on live vs ptr my 860 chest still seems to provide more throughput than my 875 chest. Difference being is that my 875 chest has completely useless secondary stats that do nothing for me and my 860 chest has my 2 BiS stats. Perhaps if its an item that's 10-15 ilvl higher and has at least one good secondary stat for you it will still be an upgrade but going from 2 BiS secondary stats to 2 of your worst secondary stats this change does not help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    You are a good candidate to work for Blizzard. The amount of stupid in what you suggested is exactly they thing Blizzard wants.
    Well i guess we can examinate your idea... o wait there is none.

Actually he is right, why we shuold have 4000 stats if they are 1) imbalanced / 2) all have same weight, so they are in some way "useless".
    If getting rid of them is the way of balance, his idea is not so far from the best. Or we cuold have onlyall "utility stat" like leech or armor or speed. Some class wuold gain more benefit, but it wuold be only a defensive benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Well i guess we can examinate your idea... o wait there is none.

Actually he is right, why we shuold have 4000 stats if they are 1) imbalanced / 2) all have same weight, so they are in some way "useless".
    If getting rid of them is the way of balance, his idea is not so far from the best. Or we cuold have onlyall "utility stat" like leech or armor or speed. Some class wuold gain more benefit, but it wuold be only a defensive benefit.
    his idea is awful, dont fucking remove more from the game to dumb it down. i also liked how you tried to play smart with me telling me i have no idea.

Reforging is a shitty band aid and nothing more. The actual solution is making specs that don't value a specific stat actually value the stat, or making specs that value one stat too much (e.g.: fire mages) value their stat less.
    Last edited by Ham on Rye; 2016-12-26 at 04:26 PM.

Game is far from broken without reforging.

Deleted
    his idea is awful, dont fucking remove more from the game to dumb it down. i also liked how you tried to play smart with me telling me i have no idea.
    I know i am smart thank you.

But don't derail topic. Again what's your idea to balance classes or bring an alternative to reforging? At least he proposed something, you can only say the old meme "WoW is dumbed down". Because having some stats value higher then primary stats makes game so hard! Please stop spreading this bullshit around, choosing stat it's not and never was hard in WoW, you always had guide, forums, and ALSO ADDONS for that.

So try harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Reforging is a shitty band aid and nothing more. The actual solution is making specs that don't value a specific stat actually value the stat, or making specs that value one stat too much (e.g.: fire mages) value their stat less.
    This is a constructive post, it's not hard eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So turning this item:

500 Great stat
    1000 Shit stat

into this one:

900 Great stat
    600 Shit stat

Doesn't add enough?
    you could never reforge more of a stat onto an item. you could only reforge stats into other stats the item didnt have already.

Of course it's constructive. *I* made it.

There is nothing left to dumb down about stats. Everything is base on luck. You either equip the item you received or you don't and keep trying endlessly. At this point, you could remove them completely and that would'nt affect game complexity whatsoever.

I only see 3 permanent fix to this :

- Lets players assign all items stats with a ''mystic'' npc : Can add a lot of complexity and multiple gameplay/build. Will need another round of class balance however... This is the most fun and interresting solution IMO but blizzard will most likely never take that path.Too much discrepancy between players and too much complexity.
    - Bring back reforge on steroid
    - Remove them entirely

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    you could never reforge more of a stat onto an item. you could only reforge stats into other stats the item didnt have already.
    Each class has more than one great stat. Use your imagination.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    I know i am smart thank you.

But don't derail topic. Again what's your idea to balance classes or bring an alternative to reforging? At least he proposed something, you can only say the old meme "WoW is dumbed down". Because having some stats value higher then primary stats makes game so hard! Please stop spreading this bullshit around, choosing stat it's not and never was hard in WoW, you always had guide, forums, and ALSO ADDONS for that.

So try harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my idea you wanted, remove all classes then players can either chose from 1 DPS, 1 tank and 1 healer. Fucking ridiculous that you think you being smart with your comment you fucking cunt.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-12-27 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    40%, and it was enough to transform an useless item into a useful one.

Consider those two items, a 845 I'm wearing and the items that the Illidan quest chain (Lights Heart) give as reward (at 870)

Shoulder ilvl 845. 929 Str, 1393 Stam, 666 Haste, 295 Crit
    Shoulder ilvl 870. 1172 Str, 1758 Stam, 528 Haste, 528 Mastery

I currently value Haste > Crit > Versatiliy.
    Mastery is absolutely and utterly useless for BDKs right now, and Im already having too much of it. As it stands, I will keep the 845 shoulder. I can not afford to trade 138 Haste and 295 crit (433 in useful stats) for 365 Stamina. Since crit also provides Parry, swapping the item would also mean losing 0.2% parry! And that is despite the fact that the 243 more strength provide 0.18% more parry!

But with reforging, I could get 211 crit. Which would mean a trade of 138 Haste and 84 crit (222 in useful stats) for 365 Stamina and 307 of a very mediocre stat. Thats a trade I might be willing to do, and the added Strength (and therefore parry) might make the upgrade worthwhile.

As it stands, I do not take an 25 ilvl upgrade because it has shitty stats. 40% reforging is enough to make it an worthwhile upgrade.

Im only wearing 872 (avg. ilvl) but I have 880 (avg ilvl) in my bags. That is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    They are just crying because they won't be super strong anymore.
    Someone doesn't know much about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    No, it's not, and that doesn't actually work or breaks game design.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2016-12-26 at 10:04 PM.