Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    When? We couldn't do that in WOD (waiting 3 months for ring lul) and the barriers were certainly larger in classic and TBC. Are you thinking about WOTLK, Cata or MOP?

---

At that mindset comment above.. I don't even think about balance when you can improve by 30% and spec difference is 2%.

When you sit within the top 5% of logs but some other spec does 25% more damage anyway, that's when there is a serious problem.

The gap between a bad class without ST legendaries and a good class with ST legendaries actually got that big for Guarm progress which was a big disappointment for me. Playing a thousand hours, having four, five legendaries just meant nothing if you didn't happen to get lucky with your class choice and which specific legendaries were given to you.
    Again, 30% and 2% was just the example GC used. I completely agree that you should worry more about improving if you're that far off, but the point is the difference between the philosophies of "balance doesn't matter, git gud" and "balance matters, it impacts you regardless of skill".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Cutting edge was always till the next instance though.
    You couldn't get cutting edge shek'zeer any more when ToES launched, nor Imperator when BRF launched.
    Nothing has changed this expansion but the time given (which was something they said they'd do after the HM > BRF debacle)
    yes you could get curve/edge shek'zeer while terrace was up, since they were the exact same tier and were unlocked at the exact same time.

Some people may quit but I think the whole AP/AK system makes many ppl keep subs up just to get AKs

Quote Originally Posted by Seliar View Post
    You clearly don't, because if you do, you wouldn't fall behind as much as you do.
    Again you have clearly no idea how warlock works, so stop trying to act like a pro.

I find it really hard to believe that being 13 traits behind is the equivalent of 100k dps. 20k? Maybe. My best guess is this more of a, you're playing wrong issue, or you're stretching the truth.

Deleted
    my situation:
    dinged 110 20 hours after launch.
    some of my guildies went full nerdmode and got to 110 after 8 hours.
    now they have higher artifact knowledge than me, every time the research completes, for 12 hours, for the rest of the expac. just because they had a day of, and were able to stay up all night on launchday.
    would be nice to have some way to catch up on that research, so we wont have this disadvantage for the rest of the expac.
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2016-12-26 at 04:50 AM.

And if WoW implemented a FFXIV-class style, when 1 character can easily switch between ALL classes and specs...then people will complain about instance/raid locks and not enough content to do.

All MMOs are fundamentally time sinks that require a lot of time investment to perform at the top levels. If you don't have the time to waste playing a game, go play short bursts of Overwatch. Too many people on these forums complain that because they have a "life" or "real job" they can't play 10+ hours a week.

If you can't dedicated the time, then sorry buddy, this game wasn't meant for you, and players with limited playing time can't meaningfully contribute anyways (i.e. raid loggers, every guild hates them...they just log-in, raid, log-off..bring nothing else to the table/community)