Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love SIlithus, Valley of the Four Winds, Grizzly Hills, and Dun Morogh; they're all great in their own right and will always have their place.

But i've never loved a zone more than I loved Highmountain.

It has everything a Tauren (best race) could want. A bunch of settings (mountains, rivers, big Tauren town, small Tauren villages etc) all in one nature-esque setting only fitting for a Tauren.

Before beta, I comlained that the Broken Isles was going to be like Dreanor--a gigantic shitastic sandbox with no zone diversity.

But the Broken Isles and Highmountain? Blizz really outdid themselves.

Kudos.
    I actually agree 100%. The tauren are my favorite race and I always loved the evergreen aesthetic of Grizzly Hills, so this is an easy favorite for me

Deleted
    I really loved high mountain already back in alpha- but then I discovered stormheim and I fell in love still my favorite zone this day

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the part where you kick fish around and moozy, and then you lead grandma back to the family. then you go and lift with the bruhls, which was actually kinda funny at least.

idk, i just can't really take all these big fuzzy cows seriously. even huln in the flashback, charging through all the demons, it felt kinda goofy.
    Hah, I do love the bruhls. I hate the character of Huln and the 'flashback' where you play as him is one of my least favorite quests in the whole expansion, but it was part of the story. The silly quests bother me less than the ones that make no sense in the grand scheme of things. Like I still don't understand the purpose of Bradenbrook in Val'Sharah and Azsuna basically has multiple personality disorder. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren best race, you got that right. Highmountain is cool, that's why I hit it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Hah, I do love the bruhls. I hate the character of Huln and the 'flashback' where you play as him is one of my least favorite quests in the whole expansion, but it was part of the story. The silly quests bother me less than the ones that make no sense in the grand scheme of things. Like I still don't understand the purpose of Bradenbrook in Val'Sharah and Azsuna basically has multiple personality disorder. :P
    well with azsuna, it at least makes sense to help the dragons. bradenbrook doesn't at all, because of the frantic and fast pacing once you hit that point in the val'sharah story. like, shit's kinda spiraling out of control by the time you get to the temple of elune, and that's the only time you'd run into the message from bradenbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Draenor sucked but no zone diversity? Snow/lava land, idyllic shadowmoony land, rugged mountain/jungle land, quant forest land, ridgey-spikey-woodsy-swampy land, grassy plains land, and corrupted jungle land. It was super diverse.
    Yeah I liked the zones but the storylines out of the main one of Arak were pretty horrible.

Deleted
    I sure as hell enjoy getting stuck on a branch every ten meters and of course, having to travel half across the zone just to use the path Blizzard wants me to use to get to a specific location.

well with azsuna, it at least makes sense to help the dragons. bradenbrook doesn't at all, because of the frantic and fast pacing once you hit that point in the val'sharah story. like, shit's kinda spiraling out of control by the time you get to the temple of elune, and that's the only time you'd run into the message from bradenbrook.
    I felt the withered were much better introduced in Suramar, so it made the blue dragons seem like pointless additions to me. Even the character of Runas would've been better suited to a Suramar arc. The smugglers seemed like they should've tied into the faction conflict in Stormheim but didn't, in fact, as Horde you still get the final quest from the worgen! Then Bradenbrook, a town that by all appearances should be Gilnean, and which should have provided links to the random worgen in the woods and the Scythe of Elune, offered none of those things. It's never explained and only serves to introduce Jarod Shadowsong/BRH, which they could've just done with NEs.

Comparatively, Highmountain seemed to remain the most thematic throughout next to Stormheim. Quests like kicking fish back into a stream while the NPCs reinforce "the river provides" and reuniting a family that's been split apart during the destruction of their village, overall made sense to me.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I felt the withered were much better introduced in Suramar, so it made the blue dragons seem like pointless additions to me. Even the character of Runas would've been better suited to a Suramar arc. The smugglers seemed like they should've tied into the faction conflict in Stormheim but didn't, in fact, as Horde you still get the final quest from the worgen! Then Bradenbrook, a town that by all appearances should be Gilnean, and which should have provided links to the random worgen in the woods and the Scythe of Elune, offered none of those things. It's never explained and only serves to introduce Jarod Shadowsong/BRH, which they could've just done with NEs.

Comparatively, Highmountain seemed to remain the most thematic throughout next to Stormheim. Quests like kicking fish back into a stream while the NPCs reinforce "the river provides" and reuniting a family that's been split apart during the destruction of their village, overall made sense to me.
    those worgen are night elves, some of the originals that were turned. celestine explains that the people of bradenbrook fled gilneas before the curse, so they shouldn't have any worgen there, or really care about the the rest of gilneas really. they're their own people now.

with the dragons, they're pretty important, it makes sense to me to want to help them, and with the pacing at least you don't really feel all that rushed until you quest with the prince for a bit. though with runas, i really wish there was a way to un-wither people... take him to thalyssra at least, feed him a fruit and maybe soothe any of the rage he may be experiencing. he's sitting in a pool of arcane energy, i don't understand why he even withered.

those worgen are night elves, some of the originals that were turned. celestine explains that the people of bradenbrook fled gilneas before the curse, so they shouldn't have any worgen there, or really care about the the rest of gilneas really. they're their own people now.
    Who's Celestine? Val'Sharah is the first zone I did on my druid, whose main spec is feral, so I've yet to do anything with any of the worgen out there. Interesting to know the history, although, it doesn't make the settlement seem any less random. Maybe my expectations are too high. :P I just like there to be a meaningful purpose to everything.

with the dragons, they're pretty important, it makes sense to me to want to help them, and with the pacing at least you don't really feel all that rushed until you quest with the prince for a bit. though with runas, i really wish there was a way to un-wither people... take him to thalyssra at least, feed him a fruit and maybe soothe any of the rage he may be experiencing. he's sitting in a pool of arcane energy, i don't understand why he even withered.
    Are they? We don't see them in any other zones and aside from repetitive WQs we have nothing further to do with them, so they just seemed like dragons for the sake of having dragons. (Seriously, Azsuna feels like a challenge to incorporate as many different mob types as possible into one zone. :P)

I was really hoping Runas would turn out to be one of the withered experiments early in the Suramar chain. I thought for awhile the 'intelligent' one you take back to Shal'Aran could be him.

highmountain was pretty amazing until they nerfed the brulfist idol.

Who's Celestine? Val'Sharah is the first zone I did on my druid, whose main spec is feral, so I've yet to do anything with any of the worgen out there. Interesting to know the history, although, it doesn't make the settlement seem any less random. Maybe my expectations are too high. :P I just like there to be a meaningful purpose to everything.

Are they? We don't see them in any other zones and aside from repetitive WQs we have nothing further to do with them, so they just seemed like dragons for the sake of having dragons. (Seriously, Azsuna feels like a challenge to incorporate as many different mob types as possible into one zone. :P)

I was really hoping Runas would turn out to be one of the withered experiments early in the Suramar chain. I thought for awhile the 'intelligent' one you take back to Shal'Aran could be him.
    celestine of the harvent, she's a gilnean worgen druid. she pops up and speaks when you enter bradenbrook once you have world quests activated. i agree that bradenbrook is random and disconnected from the rest of the val'sharah zone. it feels kinda built for demon hunters, with finding maiev and some of your illidari and such.

the dragons, they're important overall, more than in the small scheme really. the blue flight is back to being an ally now, and they do help you find the tidestone. i never mess with the pirates at all, cause it's just random and disjointed on a whole other level honestly. the world quests even has ferondis getting you to thwart their efforts later on.

runas was really not cool though, i was upset by that. legion's pretty dark in this sense, we lose a lot more friends this time around. what really pisses me off about is when i can do nothing at all to prevent it too. like that exiled nightborn girl you help back into the city. you just have to stand there and watch as she's killed, it's stupid. they should allow us to intervene.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2016-12-26 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I do like it alot. After Vashj'ir it's my second favority.
    You... you... monster! Vash'jir? Ugh, fair enough I guess.

For me the Legion zones feel a bit more like mini amusement parks, not zones per se. Highmountain is definitely the best out of them, though. Followed by Stormheim although that was relatively weak itself...

Northrend still goes down as my favourite continent with the best zones - Grizzly Hills, Storm Peaks, Howling Fjord, Dragonblight, Sholazar Basin... All so good
    Last edited by Kynario; 2016-12-26 at 10:53 AM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, best Highmountain is my less favorite of Legion. Vash'jir is my less favorite zone of WoW...

At same time, Tauren is my less favorite race of WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    six level 110 down the line and I can say I like them all.
    6? i have 12, and only 4 at 110. how do you have the willpower?

also, i'm pretty sure i know exactly where your avatar's from...

All regions in Legion save Suramar are boring and forgettable.
    I've always found leveling in WoW to be one of my chief interest, and every expansion had zones I loved, but Wod and Legion have been complete failure on this front, and I've found leveling to be an actual terribly shitty and boring chore in both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love SIlithus, Valley of the Four Winds, Grizzly Hills, and Dun Morogh; they're all great in their own right and will always have their place.

But i've never loved a zone more than I loved Highmountain.

It has everything a Tauren (best race) could want. A bunch of settings (mountains, rivers, big Tauren town, small Tauren villages etc) all in one nature-esque setting only fitting for a Tauren.

Before beta, I comlained that the Broken Isles was going to be like Dreanor--a gigantic shitastic sandbox with no zone diversity.

But the Broken Isles and Highmountain? Blizz really outdid themselves.

Kudos.
    I think you should say that with your Tauren bias In mind, disclose that as that's the only thing making It great for you. That you love tauren, and tauren happen to be a center of the story there...

Otherwise, most of the zone stories don't connect with eachother at all, they're just there for "We need a pillar of creation and they happen to have one here!". The zones don't connect to the overarching story, the big picture. You only ever go to these zones to grind rep and World Quests, that's It. Unlike WoD, which while being a bad expansion over all, had the zones be Interesting, make some parts of the zones Elite zones, only you and your friends could go Into.. or random people you found, but still. It was a challange still, and you felt part of a communtiy trying to do this quest here and there... while Legion Is VERY solo-oriantated overall which only serves to hinder It at the end.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    Wait...

You love Silithus?
    Hello, he loves Highmountain. His tastes are obviously... special.

celestine of the harvent, she's a gilnean worgen druid. she pops up and speaks when you enter bradenbrook once you have world quests activated.
    Ah. I don't think I've done many WQs in that area. I usually read quest text, but I haven't paid attention to what the NPCs say during WQs. I just figured it was some generic reason for why you're doing what you're doing (again).

the dragons, they're important overall, more than in the small scheme really. the blue flight is back to being an ally now, and they do help you find the tidestone.
    The dragons in general have always felt inconsistent to me. Like, losing their aspect was supposed to be a big deal, the destruction of the Dragon Soul was supposed to be a big deal, etc. We're constantly reminded how supposedly all the flights are in rapid decline, yet there's little to no evidence of that. They always manage to pop up somewhere appearing completely unaffected by all these detrimental things. Hell, we've even added another uncorrupted black dragon to the ranks, although, I'm surprised Ebonhorn isn't female for mating purposes to bring the flight back from the brink. :P It reminds me of the vanilla NE intro, "As one of the few remaining Night Elves..." despite being the most played race and seeing them everywhere. It's the same feeling I get with dragons except this is actually scripted by Blizzard.

Ah. I don't think I've done many WQs in that area. I usually read quest text, but I haven't paid attention to what the NPCs say during WQs. I just figured it was some generic reason for why you're doing what you're doing (again).

The dragons in general have always felt inconsistent to me. Like, losing their aspect was supposed to be a big deal, the destruction of the Dragon Soul was supposed to be a big deal, etc. We're constantly reminded how supposedly all the flights are in rapid decline, yet there's little to no evidence of that. They always manage to pop up somewhere appearing completely unaffected by all these detrimental things. Hell, we've even added another uncorrupted black dragon to the ranks, although, I'm surprised Ebonhorn isn't female for mating purposes to bring the flight back from the brink. :P It reminds me of the vanilla NE intro, "As one of the few remaining Night Elves..." despite being the most played race and seeing them everywhere. It's the same feeling I get with dragons except this is actually scripted by Blizzard.
    some world quest voice overs give a little more backstory to an area than you may have experienced when you did the quest while leveling, or might be an entirely new quest all together.

i get what you're saying, but the blues here in azsuna are heavily effected by the loss of the aspect, and i don't really think they're detrimental to the "dragons are dying" thing. they're a small group, and they can't even fight off the withered without your help. the world's a big place really, and it's not surprising to me that there could be groups of people and beings out there in small pockets.