Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It isn't a logical fallacy when it is demonstrably true. That's what absolute facts are ... I'm just saying as an absolute fact that no human being is god.

Nothing more nothing less.
    An absolute fact is not something that is "demonstrably true". An absolute fact, is when something is indesputable.

And the context you have, is your own perception, which is flawed to begin with. There is NO PART, of that, that is "Absolute".

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    https://www.oxfam.org/en/research/economy-1
    https://www.oxfam.org/en/pressroom/p...m-davos-report

That must have taken a lot of hard work and personal responsibility

Can't wait for all that wealth to trickle down
    let me guess you are another that is under the failed understanding that wealth isnt created that there is a finite amount of wealth there for one having wealth keeps another from having it

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    An absolute fact, is when something is indesputable.
    Well - that is indeed wrong, we know evolution is an absolute fact - but 40% of the US still disputes it.

I'm sorry you think that some people on the planet have godlike powers, but it demonstrably the case that this is not true.

That is - an absolute fact.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    Please enlighten me as to why it's the responsibility of the successful to take care of the unsuccessful?
    You can't look at the world in such simplistic terms use your mind. It's mutually beneficial for the richest in society to help the poorest. Health studies show time and time again in countries with the highest inequality everyone is less healthy. In countries with high inequality crime is much higher. In countries with high inequality generally everyone is less happy. If you follow through this line of thinking you get countries like South Africa which is rich people barricading themselves behind walls and never going outside.

This doesn't have anything to do with success or failure - that is just a roll of the dice.

As for the well off taking care of the not well of, these days it no longer an attribute of humans to be human. That is a long dead situation.

However - society currently still purports to value life, I just think that delusion needs to be removed and the admission made that things are more important that life.
    yes rolling the dice is a portion of someone's success but like any successful gambler knows how you win is calculating and understanding the odds

This doesn't have anything to do with success or failure - that is just a roll of the dice.

As for the well off taking care of the not well of, these days it no longer an attribute of humans to be human. That is a long dead situation.

However - society currently still purports to value life, I just think that delusion needs to be removed and the admission made that things are more important that life.
    I agree there is a large amount of luck and circumstance that attributes to one's success. What's hard to accept is when the Libs start suggesting that EVERYONE should be given the same of everything. The old share the wealth mentality.

Russia has plenty of money. But, they choose to oppress their people. People in remote areas of Africa need to move. India and China - your leadership is oppressing you. What you find more often than not is leadership is the problem.

Deleted
    Oh dear ... a good idea, why did no one steal the idea off them? And which deity did you pray to to ensure that no natural disasters, illnesses or competitors succeeded ?

Just curious.

- - - Updated - - -

I insult no-one, I like to stick to factual statements. It is more productive in the end.
    Because that's life, sometimes you are lucky because you were the first one to think of something, or the first one to do something with that thought. There are many ways to become rich, but the most important step is investing your money in the right areas and not to spill it in the wrong areas.

My family, mainly my parents had to sell everything to make their vision come true, it could have gone either way, but their dedication and hard work made the difference, they did not quit at any bump along the road, they worked hard and found a way around every single bump, every time.

Many rich people in the past have fallen multiple times to get where they are now, that's kind of how it is, it's a big gamble, but with a right set of ideas you can go quite far. Not entirely sure how hard it is now, the world has gotten much more competitive/vicious compared to what it was back when they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    yes rolling the dice is a portion of someone's success
    The vast majority of it... of course if you don't roll the dice, you don't succeed - but rolling it doesn't give you anything but a chance.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    That level of uncaring works exactly as long as the 99% let it work.

This is how communism started, btw. Peasants oppressed by a brutal nobility.
    The oppression only seems to be happening in the poorest countries though where 50% of the population resides.

I don't see much oppression going on in the Western world. There's a lot of people who own little, but when you think about it, all of their wealth can be traced back to the wrong choices they've made, the sad thing is, once you end up there, it's quite hard to get out of it, it's like a vicious loop that doesn't end, until you get lucky.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-12-26 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Because that's life, sometimes you are lucky because you were the first one to think of something
    Being the first one to think of something is irrelevant, being the first one to have the money to exploit it is where the success is.

My grandfather invented the agitating washing machine, was poor and couldn't afford a decent patent - it was then procured by a large international with sufficient funds to find a hole in the patent and proceeded to make billions.

That's the point - no human can change the entire planet through sheer force of will, that's just a delusion.

You rely on infrastructure, money, luck, people around you, timing, good will, good health and a myriad of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Common misconception amongst the low and struggling middle: more money = less stress, more freetime. Ask a few millionaires who'd tell you the exact opposite is true
    It's true, the reason millionaires have stress is of their own making not having to worry about the regular stress people get bored and make up their own demons. The happiest millionaires I met are the ones who didn't inherit their money because they appreciate it more and don't feel the need to create stress for themselves to be occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post

That must have taken a lot of hard work and personal responsibility

Can't wait for all that wealth to trickle down
    If you make $33,000 a year or more you're in the 1% globally, let's not be hypocrites.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

What you gonna do.. unluck.

Nothing wrong with this, it's a natural crystallization of wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If you make $33,000 a year or more you're in the 1% globally, let's not be hypocrites.
    That's a fallacy - because absolute dollar amounts don't take into account differences in survival costs.

I agree there is a large amount of luck and circumstance that attributes to one's success. What's hard to accept is when the Libs start suggesting that EVERYONE should be given the same of everything. The old share the wealth mentality.
    I don't think you have the slightest clue what most liberals want, it has nothing to do with sharing the wealth and more to do with the rich not having an entire political system built up in their favor. While conservatives will scream about welfare queens, they don't complain about millionaires and billionaires paying 0 - 15% in tax versus what regular people pay.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's easier to dehumanize those who aren't as well off as you, than to acknowledge that they are a problem that needs solving.
    I'm sure it wasn't your intention, but holy shit that sounded cold, similar to "Hitler solving the jewish problem".

wealth inequity is irrelevant hollow propaganda that its only purpose is to cause envy and class warfare for a political purpose

I can prove it by any of you answering this simple question honestly
    what is better? one on the lower end of the income scale making 30k a year and one at the upper end of the economic scale making 600k a year or one on the lower economic scale making 20k a year and one on the upper economic scale making 500k a year?

according to you wealth inequilty propaganda rhetoric it is better for the ones on the low end of the economic scale to make 20k a year and ones on the upper economic scale to make 500k a year because the gap is smaller less inequality

wealth is created there isn't a finite amount of wealth that needs to be distributed one having more wealth doesn't cause another to have less

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    I don't think you have the slightest clue what most liberals want,
    Indeed, people suddenly scream communism - when all that is wanted is a return to the days where life was important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    wealth is created there isn't a finite amount of wealth that needs to be distributed *one having more wealth doesn't cause another to have less
    Oh dear, basic economics is obviously a pleasure for your future.

Russia has plenty of money. But, they choose to oppress their people. People in remote areas of Africa need to move. India and China - your leadership is oppressing you. What you find more often than not is leadership is the problem.
    Well, being born in Africa, India or China is what is determined by the roll of the dice in a way. But moving away is not exactly an option for many, as is getting rid of an oppressive leadership. Of course though, one must distinguish between being unsatisfied with these kinds of situations and trying to force others to do something about it.

Deleted
    Being the first one to think of something is irrelevant, being the first one to have the money to exploit it is where the success is.

My grandfather invented the agitating washing machine, was poor and couldn't afford a decent patent - it was then procured by a large international with sufficient funds to find a hole in the patent and proceeded to make billions.

That's the point - no human can change the entire planet through sheer force of will, that's just a delusion.

You rely on infrastructure, money, luck, people around you, timing, good will, good health and a myriad of other things.
    True that, my parents couldn't afford it either, but they sold everything they had including clothes to afford it.