Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    We live in a day and age where a term meaning 'to fight for the well being of our fellow human' is considered insulting

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry that you are in a fact free world ... but the estimate to patent my invention is $200,000 (sorry was - that was 2005 figures). I spent a good 80% of the 30 years I worked on my invention not working on my invention, but trying damned hard to just find money to patent it.
    Must have been quite the invention consudering: http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2015/04/04...e-us/id=56485/

What's amusing is how many ignorant first-worlders truly believe that their Walmart job fits into that international bottom 50%. Additional amusement stems from people that believe that these unbelievably wealthy people got their wealth via confiscating it from that bottom 50%.

A third and final amusement comes from those 62 people wailing that they're too wealthy and that something must be done - nothing voluntary on their part to give that wealth up, of course, but something, and most likely a cost that'll fall squarely onto the upper middle class via increases in W2 o employment taxes rather than changes to property, wealth, or capital taxation.

People are pretty gullible around these sorts of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    No, but whining about how we should all do something about helping poor and yadayada has everything to do with social justice.. that's the whole point of it.
    no a SJW wants to force others to do just that and demanding they are the arbitrator

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Must have been quite the invention consudering: http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2015/04/04...e-us/id=56485/
    Was the cost in AUD of a patent covering UK/EU,US,Canada,Australia and New Zealand including the pre-patent prototyping costs (between pending and filed).

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It is however in the realm of the rich. That's my point.
    There is no realm of the rich. Do you trust your invention enough to put your neck on the line? Go get the money.

99% of inventors are faced with this decision at some point in their life. And 99% of them fail and have to live with that failure. Yet still, 1% of them don't give up.

But I can tell you, 100% of them were bold enough to try. And all of them knew the consequences of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    When the government and rule makers are the ones with wealth who do you think they are going to make the rules for?
    and who puts those in power to do just that?
    government is the problem not the solution

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and who is to blame and what can be done to solve that problem?
    the blame lies fully with the rule makers not the ones playing the game and who are the rule makers?
    the government
    The blame lies with both because the ones playing the game fund and lobby to get those rules made, they are not innocents in this either. The point is the system is rigged and broken this is a bipartisan problem, too big to fail and too big to jail has made it pretty obvious to everyone that the rules don't apply to the rich.

There is no realm of the rich.
    Of course there is - the realm of those with disposable income. Those people who can afford to do things beyond existence.

One doesn't just 'go get the money' .... robbing banks is illegal in most countries, and changing the world through force of will not available for mortal man.

100% of them were bold enough to try. And all of them knew the consequences of failure.
    And 99% of them failed ... because, as I said before - success is small parts will, and large parts - the universe.

I tried, and the cost was literally everything I had ... just didn't quite have the money to make it happen.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you only took the data, and not the results - then you missed the point entirely.
    I am merely pointing out your arguement against why you can't say 33kUSD puts you in the top 15%, but the OP is totally acceptable...think about that for more than a moment.

and who puts those in power to do just that?
    The rich put the rich in power so the rich can make rules for the rich.

This is the logical conclusion of capitalism, and to my mind entirely indefensible.

People who defend it are as slaves praising their chains.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2016-12-26 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I am merely pointing out your arguement against why you can't say 33kUSD puts you in the top 15%, but the OP is totally acceptable...think about that for more than a moment.
    I thought about it before.... 33k USD is just enough to exist in the US, $10 billion dollars is enough for an individual to more than exist in ANY country.

Hope you get the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    This is the logical conclusion of capitalism, and to my mind entirely indefensible.
    Actually true capitalism wouldn't lead to this - as Capitalism involves the investment of money in the seeking of capital improvement.

The vast majority of the financial industry is not about capitalism, but rather about gambling - futures, options and other meta-investment. People making trillions with no real world benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    The blame lies with both because the ones playing the game fund and lobby to get those rules made, they are not innocents in this either. The point is the system is rigged and broken this is a bipartisan problem, too big to fail and too big to jail has made it pretty obvious to everyone that the rules don't apply to the rich.
    you cant fault ones by playing by the rules someone else created

for example lets say the NFL decides to allow players to start punching the opposing teams players in the head. the following season there is an alarming increase of players suffering from several concussions from getting punched in the head who is at fault the NFL or the players?

And 99% of them failed ... because, as I said before - success is small parts will, and large parts - the universe.

I tried, and the cost was literally everything I had ... just didn't quite have the money to make it happen.
    There is no shame in having tried and failing. But blaming it on 'not enough money' is just denial. Sure would have been easier with more money, but money won't magically fix everything.

The rich put the rich in power so the rich can make rules for the rich.
    the rich persons vote counts as one vote as anyone's else

Deleted
    Well, the current approach to the poor is far less humane that that solution was. These days, people are left to rot in pain and hunger until they die.

- - - Updated - - -

So your parents had money - that was a lucky break.
    They didn't have that much money, if you sold your clothes to get money, you know how deep they had to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    They didn't have that much money, if you sold your clothes to get money, you know how deep they had to go for it.
    I can't give away my clothes, I was forced to move to a way smaller unit recently - and I couldn't even give away my stuff. I'm not wealthy enough to have had anything worthwhile to sell.

That's the point - if you never had money, as my grandparents didn't - then you never had a fancy mahogany desk to sell etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Really - are you serious.

Rich people get to choose the candidates, poor people get to choose between two rich people.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no shame in having tried and failing. But blaming it on 'not enough money' is just denial.
    How is the truth denial ? seems like the truth is the exact opposite to denial.

Literally AUD$200,000 was the only remaining thing between failure and success.

Actually true capitalism wouldn't lead to this - as Capitalism involves the investment of money in the seeking of capital improvement.

The vast majority of the financial industry is not about capitalism, but rather about gambling - futures, options and other meta-investment. People making trillions with no real world benefit.
    Perhaps, but it still results in mostly private profit.

I would like to see a world without money, but as a species we seem to enjoy punching ourselves in the face, so I doubt it will ever happen.

you cant fault ones by playing by the rules someone else created

for example lets say the NFL decides to allow players to start punching the opposing teams players in the head. the following season there is an alarming increase of players suffering from several concussions from getting punched in the head who is at fault the NFL or the players?
    Your analogy is flawed, in this case the players complain to the NFL that they want to punch people in the head and give them "donations" and write the rule and give it to the NFL to allow them to punch people in the head.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell that to the lobbyists and citizens united.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Perhaps, but it still results in mostly private profit.
    Private profit isn't a problem - that's the idea of capitalism.

However - capitalism (by definition) is about investment in reality. Making money from buying seeds and selling potatoes for more than the seeds etc.