Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Would love to see the return of classic Pvp-only sets.

We need to bring back resilience. People in full pvp gear SHOULD destroy ungeared newbs
    Arguing that pvp gear is an unfair advantage is like saying a knight in plate armor and a sword should be able to kill a tank.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    We need to bring back resilience. People in full pvp gear SHOULD destroy ungeared newbs
    Arguing that pvp gear is an unfair advantage is like saying a knight in plate armor and a sword should be able to kill a tank.
    People in Regular gear already destroy newbs especially open world areas, adding another layer of gear will not solve anything there.

Even in BG/Arena newbs will be lower itemlevel/lower AP traits, and the difference is more then 1% per 10 ilevel as advertised, in open world the gap is exponentially bigger

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the templates, I think they should stay.

What should change is how gear is dropped in PvP. I like that you need to win to gear up but the RNG aspect can be frustrating.

My main gripe with Legion overall was that the entire gearing was a RNG shitfest. I can deal with the AP and honor level grind, I just hate never reaching that point where I'm "pre-raid BiS". I always enjoyed playing my characters after they had reached 'BiS' for the content I do. Now it feels like there is no end (at least before we had a few months before a new tier) now there is ALWAYS an upgrade.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crixxus View Post
    Would love to see the return of classic Pvp-only sets.
    that would be great :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    The rng part on geardrops is certainly a downside. It felt rewarding to finally have that complete set, to get to that rating where you could finally buy that last upgrade. So for that part yes it's sad they removed it. The honor talents are are improvement imo. And pvp is less forgiving then pve. So to all the whiney little ......, suck it up buttercup. And pratice to get better. Can't hide behind the gear anymore now

Quote Originally Posted by Suntall View Post
    The rng part on geardrops is certainly a downside. It felt rewarding to finally have that complete set, to get to that rating where you could finally buy that last upgrade. So for that part yes it's sad they removed it. The honor talents are are improvement imo. And pvp is less forgiving then pve. So to all the whiney little ......, suck it up buttercup. And pratice to get better. Can't hide behind the gear anymore now
    Pyramidal ladder system.

Even if every single person was 100% identical in skill, the nature of the ladder would still mean that 85% of them would NEVER achieve good ratings. It wont let you. Math, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Once you get higher rating you get better gear.

- - - Updated - - -

No. That makes no sense.

Stamina is adjusted via templates, the same as all of the other stats. If PvP was gear dependent again, all it would cause is more balance issues by certain specs scaling better as we progress through the expansion, reaching higher stat levels.

The "one-shot" issue is mainly from certain specs who are being nerfed this maintenance.
    Perfect response. Sums up my feelings on the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I like the templates, I think they should stay.

What should change is how gear is dropped in PvP. I like that you need to win to gear up but the RNG aspect can be frustrating.

My main gripe with Legion overall was that the entire gearing was a RNG shitfest. I can deal with the AP and honor level grind, I just hate never reaching that point where I'm "pre-raid BiS". I always enjoyed playing my characters after they had reached 'BiS' for the content I do. Now it feels like there is no end (at least before we had a few months before a new tier) now there is ALWAYS an upgrade.
    Yeah, it would be really nice to use marks of honor for current gear. Just something to take some of the rng out of pvp gearing.

I like the templates/honor system overall though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntall View Post
    IS it really a downside? Some people may disagree.
    Last edited by mmocf166a846fc; 2016-12-23 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    I do think the pvp gear should make you able to kill pve scrubs like me in world pvp cause at the moment it is really easy to kill people and the amount of hate msgs I get for just facerolling pvp mains although enjoyable feelsbadman overall because they couldnt even hurt me (except warlocks - fuck warlocks)

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    PvP templates > PvP ilvl bonus > Resil/Power
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvp guy View Post
    People should be doing things because they enjoy it, not because they expect a reward. Such a millennial way of thinking. If you really want rewards get a high PvP rating for title and mount, or go slay dragons.
    That's a silly concept that just happens to fall in line with Blizz getting off the hook for shitty design. Has nothing to do with "millennial" thinking, it has to do with people play games and sports for rewards, not just the act of playing them.

Some people jump into randoms to top meters, but for most non-mongoloids that gets old pretty quick especially on the latest OP spec.

Saw an idiot SV hunter say near the end of a match last night that he got 22 K's/9 D's (nothing to write home about) and "X" k total dps. I said sure dumb fuck...and you [we] still lost the match.

You don't get rewards like boxes, marks, or gold for highest dps or healing, most KBs, etc. You get them for winning matches.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-12-25 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    PvP templates > PvP ilvl bonus > Resil/Power
    If you are a PvE main, yes. Because it allows you to shit all over PvP players all throughout the game. People who get a cheap recolor at best of the PvE sets, which is based entirely on RNG, who have almost zero rewards left or progression. Heck it's not like gear still does increase the template stats and as if honor isn't faster to aquire through goddamn PvE and World Quests.

Fucking hell, these is the people the new system was designed around and whom support it. People who care nothing for PvP and barely if ever do it. The longer I look at your armory the more I come to loathe you. The audacity to comment on a part of the game you have zero interest or stake in yet wanting to tell others what is good and right solely to inflate your own ego as it is killing it is beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    You don't get rewards like boxes, marks, or gold for highest dps or healing, most KBs, etc. You get them for winning matches.
    Even then the rewards are meaningless and terrible. If you are after gear you do better with even world quests. If you are after honor, once again world quests and PvE deliver just as fast if not faster for less effort and time investment. The boxes themselves are complete trash. There's nothing desirable or interesting in them whatsoever. Even AP power gains through PvP are messed up beyond belief. There is virtually nothing to gain from doing PvP at times point and it's rapidly killing it.

Heck they seem to have noticed this at some point. As they actually went and made some of the rewards worse by making them more RNG and time consuming such as the crappy tokens for old gear. Because that's the entirety of the rewards. Trash from old seasons anyone who cared already got back when one could get them cheap for honor.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2016-12-26 at 01:39 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And we were all fine in Vanilla when the PVP gear back then was like it is now just slightly better stats.. Since PVP Resilience and Spell Penetration was not added till TBC..

The new system is better since it removes any major advantage and you can walk into any BG or Arena with PVE gear and have a fighting chance..

But in all this thread what I find rather funny are the ones wanting PVP Resilience and PVP Power back are just whining because their crutch got removed..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-12-26 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    That's a silly concept that just happens to fall in line with Blizz getting off the hook for shitty design. Has nothing to do with "millennial" thinking, it has to do with people play games and sports for rewards, not just the act of playing them.

Some people jump into randoms to top meters, but for most non-mongoloids that gets old pretty quick especially on the latest OP spec.

Saw an idiot SV hunter say near the end of a match last night that he got 22 K's/9 D's (nothing to write home about) and "X" k total dps. I said sure dumb fuck...and you [we] still lost the match.

Way to reply to a post going on 2 months old, did I get a stalker for Christmas xD.

What a novel concept, doing something because you enjoy it, not for what you expect to get out of it in the end. Guess I must be crazy thinking like that.

As far as the sports reference you make, only professional athletes really get "rewarded". With boat loads of money and endorsements etc, yet there's countless kids playing sports up to the collegiate/university level that play because they love it. The only rewards they get are learning life lessons about teamwork, rules, perfecting their craft, respect etc, but I digress.

The last sentence of your reply only reaffirms what you quoted from me, you get rewarded from winning not for participating.

Merry Christmas, hope its not too corporate for you!

10+ Year Old Account

As far as the sports reference you make, only professional athletes really get "rewarded". With boat loads of money and endorsements etc, yet there's countless kids playing sports up to the collegiate/university level that play because they love it. The only rewards they get are learning life lessons about teamwork, rules, perfecting their craft, respect etc, but I digress.

Generally, there are some things people do simply because they enjoy it and for little or no reward. The reward is in the act of participating, or just being part of an event like seeing a live concert or a holiday dinner with people you know. However, gaming is not really about that.

Motorman said most of what needed to be said to your silly post, but also, consider that those kids playing school sports, especially at college level, are doing it for more than just the funsies you described. They're also hoping to have something useful to put on a resume' later, and/or in the hopes of going pro. Those are rewards even if they're delayed. Even "learning teamwork, rules, perfecting their craft, respect" are rewards.

I don't know who you're trying to bullshit here to defend Blizzard's wrecking the game for profit, but I'd say most people know better than "oh, I just play coz it's fun even if I never win or get nothing else from it".

Deleted
    I miss wod loot system.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymorìl View Post
    I say remove pve tier sets or let people collect them with Valor currency or something similar... In world pvp gear matters more than instanced pvp, and I can only imagine what's going to happen when Nighthold will be live...
    world pvp is trash because of legion mechanics - while pvp gear equalization / templates or whatever would make it a fairer dight for pvpers who don't pve, it still wouldn't make it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Please help me understand what exactly do you enjoy in a BG game or arena game that you lost? The map? The joy of participating in a semi-organized team environment? Being annihilated 3-4 vs 1 by opponent team? Being GY camped? The shit honor gains at the end? The absence of AP tokens or tokens of value? To name a few of the things that happen in a game you lose.

There is absolutely no reason to play BGs if you are constantly losing them. There is absolutely no reason to bother with pvp if you don't have at least a few friends. You will gain nothing but frustration and waste of time. And in Legion Im sure everyone has better things to do than waste 20 min of his time losing the game but being a good sport in his mind.

No reward = no reason to play. Its nothing to do with corporate mentality or fair play or whatever nonsense people say to justify being losers.
    Nobody enjoys losing. I really dont know what kind of reward you expect from getting gy camped in a bg either. Fortunately nobody loses 100% of their bgs. And as you mention, I do typically only que with friends, it makes a big impact on winning. Solo que has sucked for a long time and isn't new to legion. Also, I don't know how losing can be justified, it's an inevitable result of the game. My point is tho that it shouldn't as rewarding as winning.

@Caolela, while I agree with the first part of your post, I'm not sure why you need to tell me that "teamwork, rules, respect, etc" are rewards which is exactly what I already stated. But this isn't about those rewards. People want shinies, and they want them from participating. You yourself said that you get rewarded from winning, as it should be. Also don't even know wtf you mean by me apparently defending Blizz wrecking the game for profit? And lastly, it sounds like you too never win, again I'd recommend playing with friends rather than solo.

10+ Year Old Account

@Caolela, while I agree with the first part of your post, I'm not sure why you need to tell me that "teamwork, rules, respect, etc" are rewards which is exactly what I already stated. But this isn't about those rewards. People want shinies, and they want them from participating. You yourself said that you get rewarded from winning, as it should be. Also don't even know wtf you mean by me apparently defending Blizz wrecking the game for profit? And lastly, it sounds like you too never win, again I'd recommend playing with friends rather than solo.
    For christsakes, now you're contradicting yourself or what else I really don't know...arguing in circles just to argue?

Your post #194: "People should be doing things because they enjoy it, not because they expect a reward. Such a millennial way of thinking. If you really want rewards get a high PvP rating for title and mount, or go slay dragons."