Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Vanilla WOW BIS Farming

1. Research the BIS items and find out which bosses drop them.
    2. Form group to kill boss.
    3. Kill bosses leading up to the target.
    3.2 Did an item you wanted drop from other bosses? (RNG) This becomes important if you are using a loot council system.
    4. Kill the boss and see what drops. (RNG)
    5. If it dropped try to win the loot, if not go to step 2.
    5.2 If using loot council wait to see if you get the item.
    5.3 If using roll system try to win the roll. (RNG)
    6. Choose the next item to farm and go to step 2.
    Those are RNG aspects that have always been in the game, if you're trying to prove a point that we've always had RNG. Yes, you're right, but Legion RNG is out of control. Not only do you need RNG for your items to drop, you now need RNG to get it to proc higher ilevel, or with sockets. You also have RNG for what legendaries you get, which you have no control over. Its 100% possible to get 4 utility legendaries, that pretty much no one wants.

TL;DR: Getting a legendary shouldn't leave you with a disgusted feeling. Blizzard dropped the ball on this system.

Deleted
    The only issue I have with the system is that you have a mixture of good and bad legendaries and rng decides which you get. I would've prefer if was either only performance enhancing or utility rather than both, which I think pisses players off more, especially when they get a utility one that is of no use in raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    The problem isn't the legendary. The problem is the guild recrutement policy and players only looking at their ego. (Percentile)
    This couldnt be more wrong lol. Why would a guild that is going for the highest rank they can get, recruit a lesser geared player?

I quit months ago because mostly of this legendary system. I actually did months ago a post discussing legendaries and people quitting because of them, but it was taken down by bad mods. Good to see yours wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I like it, but nah, not quiting over it.

I resubscribed for the holidays, but I have only logged 2-5 hours in 2 weeks of being subscribed. I am more or less displeased with the expansion as a whole. Oh well. Life goes on.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    This couldnt be more wrong lol. Why would a guild that is going for the highest rank they can get, recruit a lesser geared player?
    Top tier guilds recruit top tier players who can push content without gear. A raid team going for world first has to do so with below average gear since they don't have time to get to some magical gear score. Top raiders are more worried about their AP then they are legendaries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Top tier guilds recruit top tier players who can push content without gear. A raid team going for world first has to do so with below average gear since they don't have time to get to some magical gear score. Top raiders are more worried about their AP then they are legendaries.
    If a top tier guild has to choose between 2 people with the same skill level, but one has a legendary that increases their dps by 50k, which are they going to pick?

Deleted
    If a top tier guild has to choose between 2 people with the same skill level, but one has a legendary that increases their dps by 50k, which are they going to pick?
    probably neither

Nope, Don't give a shit about the legendaries. You can play the game and do all the content without them

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N0085T3RG0D View Post
    probably neither
    oh yea i suppose you're correct.

They're drastically nerfing dps gaining legendaries. So that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Because the RNG and how the Legion is designed have changed things, it is not the same, honestly it's foolish to think it is.
    One can continue to clear all the content in the game without [insert item here]. I have repeated that twice. "It's foolish" isn't a counter argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

oh yea i suppose you're correct.
    The OP was about the average guild. Not Method / Serenity / Whatever

Deleted
    And? That does not mean its a good design. I like most of legion, but the legendary system pigeon holes holes you into one spec and ruins what it otherwise shaping up to be a good expansion for alts.
    I don't quite see how a legendary pigeonholes you into one spec if the argument is that you can do everything without the legendary?

Deleted
    The legendary system is broken due to actions to prevent hardcore players for getting more legendaries than casuals ("good luck protection"). If we had the same %-dropchance for any legandary and a linear bad luck protection, everything would be fine (maybe some of the hardcores would have all legs for all specs atm). But we have decreased dropchances for legendaries after each drop, which makes it very hard to get legendaries for multiple specs (the base chance per drop seems like its cut by half than the previous drop chance). And ofc the bad luck protection cap (which is already nerfed) has prevented the hardcores too. The statistics telling us, that we need to do twice as much for the next legendary we did so far, and this is why the system is so broken and prevents us to play any spec because of missing legendaries for 2 of 3 specs.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-12-27 at 08:28 AM.

Deleted
    Lets say I get sick of healing on my shaman and decide to try enhance. Can I kill content by getting carried and do sub optimal dps, sure. Do I like feeling like I am getting carried or that its only RNG that is keeping from doing well, no.
    Yeah, sure. But your feelings are just in your head. You do understand that?
    Not anything any designer at Blizzard or we at this forum can or should help you with - we're not shrinks.

Talk to someone about your feelings. Maybe that helps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    The OP was about the average guild. Not Method / Serenity / Whatever
    Theres hundreds of other top guilds besides the top5 that are looking for recruits...

Deleted
    DO you have anything to add or you just going to shit post?
    Unless you're one of those 5% who play progression, the legendaries are not needed nor required.
    You might think they are (because that's all in your head), but they're not.

If you are in that group - then oh well, it really sucks. I feel sorry for you (it was too much for me, so I stopped).

- - - Updated - - -

Theres hundreds of other top guilds besides the top5 that are looking for recruits...
    And most of them will gladly accept you, even without BiS legendaries. Especially if your logs are good and you're a nice decent person who fits in.