Page 67 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    For singletarget you will always use MG, no matter what
    even on extremely movement heavy fights?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Such as?

There may be edge cases, but that's what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    There's that, and even if he was right and we HAD to absolutelly go MG for ST, it's a matter of perspective.

Some will like it and some will dislike it, but I have a hunch majority will LIKE the change. What really matters if it is competitive in that row.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Such as?

You're nitpicking. ST by itself already is an edge case (in raid at least).

That talent is there to help mythic+ and offer diversity.

Deleted
    that depends entirely on your uptime on drain soul, it stands to reason that there is a point where your uptime on drain soul(and MG) will be so low that you would gain more dps from going with writhe and i could also see haunt being the go to option for priority adds like a boss like star augus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    There's that, and even if he was right and we HAD to absolutelly go MG for ST, it's a matter of perspective.

Some will like it and some will dislike it, but I have a hunch majority will LIKE the change. What really matters if it is competitive in that row.

- - - Updated - - -

You're nitpicking. ST by itself already is an edge case (in raid at least).

That talent is there to help mythic+ and offer diversity.
    I really like MG. Much more than Writhe in Agony (which is really boring).
    Even the new Haunt is pretty cool

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Such as?

No idea about Nighthold single target bosses tbh.

I'm really excited (call me a nerd heh) to trying out Haunt and MG in M+ up to +8, and the new StS. 3 mobs is actually the majority of packs in M+ and it's power is basically the same now, but stronger on 3 mobs.

Aaaaah, and contagion too. I used to go with contagion when it was 15% (my top parse on Nythendra Mythic was with contagion), 18% seems so juicy.

Deleted
    No you won't. Malefic Grasp's damage drops like a lead brick when you have to move. For a heavy movement fight Writhe In Agony and Soul Effigy (even though Effigy itself has issues if movement pulls you out of range of it) will beat it. Why do you think they made Malefic Grasp's dot increase so strong? Because Malefic Grasp does nothing at all if you're not channeling Drain Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    No you won't. Malefic Grasp's damage drops like a lead brick when you have to move. For a heavy movement fight Writhe In Agony and Soul Effigy (even though Effigy itself has issues if movement pulls you out of range of it) will beat it. Why do you think they made Malefic Grasp's dot increase so strong? Because Malefic Grasp does nothing at all if you're not channeling Drain Soul.
    Good thing I got the legendary boots, MG is gonna be so sweet with it.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    that depends entirely on your uptime on drain soul, it stands to reason that there is a point where your uptime on drain soul(and MG) will be so low that you would gain more dps from going with writhe and i could also see haunt being the go to option for priority adds like a boss like star augus.
    How fortunate that there's this little legendary that allows you to cast on the move ;>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    How fortunate that there's this little legendary that allows you to cast on the move ;>
    then the question is if the legendary will have a high enough uptime to make MG worth having on a fight where MG isnt normally worth taking.

then the question is if the legendary will have a high enough uptime to make MG worth having on a fight where MG isnt normally worth taking.
    If you can't stand still in a fight for 8 seconds on a regular basis you are doing something wrong.

In all seriousness, I think I'll need a bit of training for me to stand still while playing afflic =P

Specially since the way Norganon works on live is kinda OP for afflic, 15 seconds of free casting of DL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    If you can't stand still in a fight for 8 seconds on a regular basis you are doing something wrong.
    true, it should be possible and, correct me if im wrong, it only starts counting from when you move, so it isnt like a buff you get that pops up after 8 secs of standing still and then last for 5 secs, it pops up and stays until you start moving.

true, it should be possible and, correct me if im wrong, it only starts counting from when you move, so it isnt like a buff you get that pops up after 8 secs of standing still and then last for 5 secs, it pops up and stays until you start moving.
    That is correct, the 5 second cast on the move buff only starts when you move.

It is going to be one of the strongest caster legendaries in the game, at least for warlocks and specs like arcane/frost mage and shadow priests without surrender to madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnachide View Post
    Please, don't tell me they won't increase Agony Ramp up by 10 % to bring Lock without helm more in line ... I thought it was the goal of the legendary nerf.
    This should be the mandatory buff. The helmet is great, but it doesn't make affliction OP compared to other classes, just to aff locks without helm. The obvious fix is to buff agony ramp 10% so the helm keeps us in line. The fact they nerfed aff damage through that helm and haven't given any buff is disgusting.

I will trade my all my legendaries for the affliction Hood including factory of souls and Demo bracers if i can.
    That basically tells you all you need to know about 7.1.5.

Time to re-spec guys, Legion is just a giant paid beta testing game, everything you play can filp so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by sd2400533 View Post
    affliction Hood including factory of souls and Demo bracers if i can.
    Feretory of Souls? I've got that, Sin'dorei Spite and Norgannon's Foresight. Changed my loot spec to Aff to try for the hood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysgarthiad View Post
    Good thing I got the legendary boots, MG is gonna be so sweet with it.
    Trust me, if those boots are that good with Malefic Grasp they will nerf the boots. Malefic Grasp is designed with movement penalties in mind.

So was futsing around with CDF yesterday, turns out its really bugged with havoc.

The havoc target takes double the primary targets hits (45 total hits) so you lose substantially more damage than you already would have if the havoc target has immolate on it. The havoc targets doesn't have bolts shoot at it, it just copies the damage. The havoc targets copied damage doesn't have the aoe component.

Hopefully they do something to fix it before it goes live.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

We're like 1-2 weeks from release and DS on ptr still do less damage than DL on live. My guess it will go live in this state.