Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would like to see some real world applications before i get too excited. I also think its a case of wait and see how this stands up to every other dps spec once 7.1.5 goes live.

Just quietly I dont see this being at all practical, and if by some chance it is then thats exactly the goal behind a talent that modifies a spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    I would like to see some real world applications before i get too excited. I also think its a case of wait and see how this stands up to every other dps spec once 7.1.5 goes live.

Just quietly I dont see this being at all practical, and if by some chance it is then thats exactly the goal behind a talent that modifies a spell.
    well ofc you need to make a cursor macro so that your aoe spells get instantly casted where your cursor is, this helps for both FS and meteor, it is a bit annoying but thats how it is.

Flame strike is a 4sec cast time. Without IF in 7.1.5 its going to be a real pain in the arse to make it work, if it works at all. Time will tell i suppose but its far too early to get excited.

Would think this is dead as soon as they remove the global modifier from Fire and actually buff Fireball and Pyroblast. Though the hope is that buff is going to be at least 20-25% to both Fireball and Pyroblast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to be able to use flame patch at least once this expansion. As of now, living bomb is superior in any aoe situation, and UM in ST, making flame patch an absolutely useless talent, for shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    I'd like to be able to use flame patch at least once this expansion. As of now, living bomb is superior in any aoe situation, and UM in ST, making flame patch an absolutely useless talent, for shame.
    Thank Blizzard for nerfing it by 66% because the prepatch HFC class trinket was about 80% of our DPS. They also claimed it would be a "temporary, pre-patch only hotfix."

This is what it looked like before nerfs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRofUZM6v3M

I think they'll make Flame Patch to work only with HS'ed flamestrikes.

At least, i hope so.

I wonder if FS + FP is really that much of a problem, even if it sims really high, and performs well on dummies. Most of the time now we and/or mobs and bosses move a lot.

So it' kind of unlikely that you get the full effect all the time. It's probably difficult to balance a as long as LB works as it does. FS + FP kind of has to be a bit OP on smaller AOE packs to make it worthwhile (which brings it close to ST usefulness) over LB which always wins out on large packs and is super easy to use (FS + FP needs a bit of team coordination).

Quote Originally Posted by Geldor View Post
    Most of the time now we and/or mobs and bosses move a lot.
    In raids bosses rarely move. From the current bosses, I think only Ursoc moves a lot and even it is timed movement.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    In raids bosses rarely move. From the current bosses, I think only Ursoc moves a lot and even it is timed movement.
    That's why I said and/or. Of course most mechanics make us move more than bosses. But, the Dragons move, Ele moves, Cenarius moves. Would be FS good on Odyn? Guarm? Maybe, but I don't think it's a given. Some of them of course move in patterns where you still can use FS, but FP would be harder. And you have to move a lot on most fights nowadays. If that FS build turns out to be something you can use well on a few boss fights (something like Nyth), I doubt it would be a big problem.

I'm also mentioning this because people make a big issue out of hard casting Pyro with the bracers in 7.1.5. For me that sounds logical, but it also means you won't be easily able to just stand around and spam FS.

Of course the FS build only works really well with high haste (4pc on Nighthold etc.), so it could be it's going to be viable at a certain point of haste which most of us anyway won't reach (without crippling yourself otherwise).

It's definitely interesting to see the math and pointing it out, but it might turn out to be a non-issue (if not people have raid tested it already and can say it's easily the best option on most fights).
    Last edited by Geldor; 2016-12-27 at 04:49 AM.

Lol rotation's gonna be silly as heck if this goes live....

10+ Year Old Account
    This is incredibly hilarious and I hope it goes live just to spite Blizzard.

I think you need a good amount of haste to make this work though, but I'm not sure so who knows.

They are just going to nerf Flame Patch back to Live levels and say they'll continue to iterate it in the future to try and make it attractive compared to LB.

Or they'll nerf Flame Patch AND Living Bomb at the same time.

Deleted
    greeny already gave a good suggestion. Because of the global modifier our AoE like living bomb is stronger than on live.
    But as someone mentioned, having Flamepatch only proc oh hotstreak flamestrike seems like a good solution if needed.

Would for a memestrike build be better to stack Haste in order to hard cast FS faster?
    Also I assume using 3 FS relics is gonna be the way to go if this doesn't change

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    greeny already gave a good suggestion. Because of the global modifier our AoE like living bomb is stronger than on live.
    But as someone mentioned, having Flamepatch only proc oh hotstreak flamestrike seems like a good solution if needed.
    It would be a solution if just sittin around and hardcasting fs was a valuable gameplay.

gdi blizz...

Even with the macro I'd hate having to position my mouse in the correct spot the entire fight, more work lol. Not something I'd want to deal with
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2016-12-27 at 05:40 PM.

With the way fire seems to be broken on the PTR, they should really just revert it back to the way it is on live.

You tried Devs, you get an "A" for effort (I guess), but it obviously didn't work.

Don't double down on bad by pushing this mess live.