Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    its very true, people just need to get off their lazy asses and get them. its not hard.
    It is if your mommy and daddy didn't pay for your college and a nice new car and give you a place to stay to save up your bank account.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I wanna know is how 70+ hours a week is healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I thought you were at 25/hr? That didn't make your dick big enough so now it's well over 75? Yeah, okay.
    i typed out only the first few years of my work history to show how easy it is if you arent complacent, but reading isnt your strong suit, i understand. its okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    It is if your mommy and daddy didn't pay for your college and a nice new car and give you a place to stay to save up your bank account.
    nope, its easy if you are on your own with no help. easier getting away from minimum wage is easier then most things in life, but i guess some people are really that lazy

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I also live in NJ right over the GWB it's very expensive here. The figure given is 100 hours, that's a lie you can get a 1 bedroom for under 1k a month.
    That's a 1-bedroom plus electric, plus water, plus food, plus clothes, plus gas and car repairs, plus insurance (both car and health), Just the apartment alone would use your whole paycheck, minimum wage is ~$1100 a month BEFORE taxes. Please learn math.

That's a 1-bedroom plus electric, plus water, plus food, plus clothes, plus gas and car repairs, plus insurance (both car and health), Just the apartment alone would use your whole paycheck, minimum wage is ~$1100 a month BEFORE taxes. Please learn math.
    Heat and hot water are included in almost all apartments here. You don't need a car here. I was using the math provided by the graph which is 100 hours a week.

Yeah go ahead. TRY to function on a 100 hour work week or 80+. Fuck, try it on a 54 week. All year around. Every year. All 51-52 weeks per year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    What I wanna know is how 70+ hours a week is healthy...
    It isn't. That is why most 1st world countries try to put laws in place to cap people at 30-40 hours (by making companies have to pay insane wage increases for anything extra).
    Aye mate

The min wage is 8.38/hr. If you work 100 hours a week that's 400 a month which gives you 3352 a month. So, 1k a month would be about the 30% if your income it's using. Seems pretty spot on if you know even a little bit of math.
    Are you saying you can't live on $3352.00 before taxes?

- - - Updated - - -

How could I read something you didn't type? I guess my mind reading skills need a bit of work. What exactly do you do making 75/hr? Your job history doesn't really seem that impressive. You did a bunch of things modern machines could do now. I find it hard to believe you moved up to such a wage. It's more likely you're mad you're barely over min wage after so long and would rather shit on everyone else that's 18 and making as much as you made after 5 years of work.

- - - Updated - - -

How is heat included? That doesn't even seem possible to differentiate from the rest of your electrical uses. Regardless, you still seem to lack some simple math skills.
    Heat isn't electric it's gas here for the most part.

i typed out only the first few years of my work history to show how easy it is if you arent complacent, but reading isnt your strong suit, i understand. its okay.

- - - Updated - - -

nope, its easy if you are on your own with no help. easier getting away from minimum wage is easier then most things in life, but i guess some people are really that lazy
    Says the person who lives in the state with the highest minimum wage in the country who gets unrealistic pay.

My roommate is a supervisor in a call center who's been there for five years and he makes $17 an hour working for Dell. The managers at the call center I work at make ~$15. Your personal experience (which obviously started in the 90s at the latest so extremely pre-recession) is not relevant any more. It does not apply to the workforce today.

10+ Year Old Account
    The min wage is 8.38/hr. If you work 100 hours a week that's 400 a month which gives you 3352 a month. So, 1k a month would be about the 30% if your income it's using. Seems pretty spot on if you know even a little bit of math.
    You talk about working 100 in such casual way. In my country that is more then 3x the hours you have to work here. And for a fraction of the minimum wage we get.

People work less and are paid more. Yet the country hasn't collapsed. In fact Australia is doing fine.
    Aye mate

You wouldn't make that much though. That's if you work 100 hours a week on min wage. Did you miss that part?
    No you can live on much less is what I am saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many openings remained when you hit 25$ p/h?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Says the person who lives in the state with the highest minimum wage in the country who gets unrealistic pay.

My roommate is a supervisor in a call center who's been there for five years and he makes $17 an hour working for Dell. The managers at the call center I work at make ~$15. Your personal experience (which obviously started in the 90s at the latest so extremely pre-recession) is not relevant any more. It does not apply to the workforce today.
    Its possible you are right, california is california afterall. however this history begins around 2012.

I can only say from my experience leading others through similar roles in central california. Our calls centers hire around 15 an hour entry, seasoned employees are 20 or so. Usually hiring groups of 20-30 every 6 months due to people leaving for greener pastures, but it gets you in an enviroment and gives experience that makes it easy to leave after 6 months. Its a revolving door because no one wants to stay in a call center, but plenty of people come because they pay is decent and you can live off it.

Again this is about getting out of min wage, not getting rich or well off. My argument is it is easy to get off min wage.

Uh, no it's not. Especially in an apartment.

It is, most of the apartments here are old and in houses not buildings. The buildings are also mostly gas, some are oil. There aren't many that are electric except for the much newer buildings which are very expensive $2500.00 for a 1 bedroom.

Of course you can live off minimum wage as long as you're the target audience for minimum wage...aka people entering the workforce for the first time. The problem is we have low skill morons with 4 kids that think smartphones, TVs and game consoles are necessities and attempting to live off of minimum wage and claiming it's impossible.

Well no shit it's impossible for you to feed your kids off minimum wage, you made poor life choices and now we the people have to subsidize mediocrity while you cry that you deserve to be paid 15 an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How many openings remained when you hit 25$ p/h?
    less at each step, however new paths opened with each new title, so id say for me, i never really noticed less opportunity to go elsewhere. As shitty as it sounds, i used my employers, knowing id never stick around, but to gather experience and titles while making money. Because lets be honest, in corp banking, all that matters is how good my titles sounded to the next interviewer.

Also this is a discussion on how to get easily above min wage, so going above 25 isnt really relevant, you would have to have made some real bad decisions in life if you cant survive at 20 let alone 25.

How much less? Half of that? 50 hours a week seems reasonable, yet dreadful. That would give you roughly 1800 after taxes. 1000 goes to rent. Even if we included utilities. So, we have 800 for food, car/health insurance, car payments and a phone. How much do you think would be left after that? If they're not able to save money then what happens in a financial emergency? They're just fucked? Or people like you tell them they should have saved money? Do you think this through at all?
    You don't need a car here.

Also

$989 / 1br - 1 BEDROOM HEAT AND HOT WATER (CLIFFSIDE PARK) hide this posting

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
    (google map)

1BR / 1Ba available now

apartment
    1 Bedroom , Living Room , Kitchen , Bathroom

Heat And Hot Water Included

Refrigerator and Stove IN Unit

No Pets

No Smoking

Close to Transportation

Proof of Employment

Background and Credit Check Required

More Unit Available Besides This One

Prices May Change Due to Sizes Start at $989-$1149

Intercom System

CALL IF INTERESTED show contact info

$989 / 1br - Cliffside Park One Bedroom | Utilities Included (Cliffside Park) hide this posting
    1BR / 1Ba available now

apartment
    A one bedroom apartment in Cliffside Park, with a living room, kitchen, and one full bathroom. Located close to public transportation. Appliances in the unit.

Utilities included.
    Please call show contact info
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Of course you can live off minimum wage as long as you're the target audience for minimum wage...aka people entering the workforce for the first time. The problem is we have low skill morons with 4 kids that think smartphones, TVs and game consoles are necessities and attempting to live off of minimum wage and claiming it's impossible.

Well no shit it's impossible for you to feed your kids off minimum wage, you made poor life choices and now we the people have to subsidize mediocrity while you cry that you deserve to be paid 15 an hour.
    no, they deserve more! why try harder and get a better job, make tacos, get $20 an hour. makes perfect sense /s

How much less? Half of that? 50 hours a week seems reasonable, yet dreadful. That would give you roughly 1800 after taxes. 1000 goes to rent. Even if we included utilities. So, we have 800 for food, car/health insurance, car payments and a phone. How much do you think would be left after that? If they're not able to save money then what happens in a financial emergency? They're just fucked? Or people like you tell them they should have saved money? Do you think this through at all?
    He is going to tell you all those things you listed after food aren't required. Its typical farmboi speak.

I'm saying it's possible not optimal.