Build upgrade time!

Alright, last year I came to you guys for help and everything worked out swimmingly, although like I said then, I only really wanted to upgrade the graphics card for the short term, and then the CPU and everything else at a later time.

So here I am again, aiming to upgrade a bit more!

Operating System- Windows 10 64 bit

CPU- AMD FX-4300 Quad Core 3.80 GHz

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 (I hope this is the right information I grabbed)

RAM- 8 GB DDR3

Graphics Card- Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 380

Power Supply- Evga SuperNova 650 GS

Bold is what was upgraded a year ago. I know a budget limit helps in situations like this, but honestly I'm not quite sure how much even a decent CPU would be or anything, and I mean, I would like to not spend over $600 though. I'm not against buying a part now, and waiting a bit to save up and get another part either so it's not a huge splurge.

I also would most likely need a new case at this point, since my old case has no room to add anything extra without starting to become far too cramped, so if someone has a decent suggestion for that on what would fit a new motherboard comfortably along with the new parts.

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT- Forgot to mention I got a new monitor for Christmas, 1920x1080 27 inch, and US citizen. Computer is used strictly for gaming, but being able to record more clearer footage would be nice without causing issues in game.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-12-27 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You know you wouldn't be adding anything extra to your computer right? It's all just changing parts at this point... If you'd like a new case, that's another story. Do you have a preference as far as form factor? Would you like to do water cooling at some point or do you prefer to stick to straight air?

The usual questions apply here. What do you use your computer for(anything intensive other than gaming?), what resolutions are we trying to push and where do you live(I'm assuming US, but there are other places that use the $)?
    Herp, forgot the reason also.
    I went from a smaller monitor which wasn't 1080 resolution, to a Samsung 27 inch monitor which is at 1920x1080. And yes, US resident.

And it's for gaming, that's pretty much it. I mostly play Overwatch nowadays along with WoW, and some Steam games here and there (Which are usually fine, but in some cases still get choppy here and there sometimes, like Skyrim). I honestly never used a water cooling system, so I can't really compare it to fans, I imagine the major difference is the noise? Indifferent I guess for now. Although I honestly didn't know whether or not the parts would be the exact same size. My old graphics card was literally like a slim chip, and the new one is like, huge compared to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    My suggestion would be to wait till your current ssytem is completely non-functional on the games your play and then buy a new system. I don't think it's owrth upgrading any part here. Just better of building a new one after sometime.
    Mostly just getting frustrated with FPS drops in Overwatch at random times. I hate to admit how stupid I sound with things like this, but I'm not sure if that's actually a graphic card issue at this point, or if upgrading the CPU would help with that, since usually I'm at about 80FPS with drops to 50 at very rare situations (honestly usually loading).
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-12-27 at 06:05 AM.

@Jester Joe
    Usually people give decent advice here but they slipped in this thread, sorry about that. You need a motherboard/cpu/ram, it will be a very noticeable upgrade in overwatch.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.88 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Extreme3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Avexir Core Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: AMD Radeon R3 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $554.83
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-27 01:18 EST-0500

I will just add that while your GPU is still fine, for some reason blizzard titles do prefer nvidia cards so in the future you may want to consider upgrading to a gtx 1060 3gb, they run around 200 bucks.

With this setup and a easy 4.5ghz overclock on the CPU you would see dramatic results, on high preset i doubt you would drop under 100 fps at anytime. Also added an SSD as its on a good sale price, worthwhile upgrade for 60 bucks i would toss WoW and overwatch on it as well as operating system. Case is on a really good sale, high build quality with full dust filters and two included fans, you cannot beat it for 55 bucks.

If you wanted to buy the parts in intervals, the CPU/motherboard/ram,cooler are the 4 things you would need to purchase first, as long as your current case accepts a full size atx motherboard.

Here is another option if you didnt have interest in overclocking:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($46.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($41.99 @ Jet)
    Total: $278.96
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-27 01:28 EST-0500

This would also be a massive upgrade, and would be a fine choice if you were just looking for a basic system to pull you through a good 3 -4 years.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2016-12-27 at 06:29 AM.

Ya the 2nd option is really all he needs, first one if he wants a new case and the whole she bang.

Well, @Fascinate, thank you very much! I'll start ordering them probably next paycheck, since that's within the realm of affordability to me.

I get what @Raamul means, but honestly I feel like I came this far, so I might as well get a computer that can run the games even better than just 50fps and fuzziness. Also worth mentioning any parts I have that I don't need from my current computer will be passed on to my girlfriend so she can use for her computer that she wants to make until she can afford to replace them, so there's that plus side of replacing this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, @Fascinate, thank you very much! I'll start ordering them probably next paycheck, since that's within the realm of affordability to me.

I get what @Raamul means, but honestly I feel like I came this far, so I might as well get a computer that can run the games even better than just 50fps and fuzziness. Also worth mentioning any parts I have that I don't need from my current computer will be passed on to my girlfriend so she can use for her computer that she wants to make until she can afford to replace them, so there's that plus side of replacing this stuff.
    Just make sure to check back in the thread when you got the funds to purchase, PC part pricing fluctuates on a day to day basis