Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    While on fire spec, I got Belo'vir chest and Koralon belt. On 7.1 I got 35 on frost because I was pulling more ST dps than on fire. Never changed lootspec to frost as I felt there was no game breaking legendary as are (currently) the bracers. I was playing TV on M Odyn and Guarm progress, and currently play GS on all bosses apart from Odyn farm(yet) and Helya progress. I changed to arcane lootspec 2 weeks now, got the weapon to 35 quite fast and today I got Norgannon boots from weekly hall chest, which with the 7.1.5 patch are gonna be pretty good since arcane loses ice floes and can only use Shimmer or the other (Slipstream?) talent that makes Evo & AM castable on movement).

Mh.. another PTR build went live.. aaaand we got 5% crit back from Critical Mass (from 10% up to 15%). So fire is totally fine again..? *shrug*
    No changes to legendaries or arcane/frost this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Glynnyy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the loot is already set once you receive the cache so holding on to them would be useless, this is just what I've heard though..
    Not if i use them in a different loot spec once things are tuned?

Deleted
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the loot is already set once you receive the cache so holding on to them would be useless, this is just what I've heard though..
    banked all my emissary bags as well since ptr has been deployed. i got lucky with early bracers though.

we dont really know whether the loot is determined once you open or get em. i expect them to be generated once you open them. theres some indications for that. mainly loot spec and ilvl scaling. i banked some caches on a low ilvl alt and opened them some time later and got higher base ilvl. blizz might still have a system in place where the base item is locked once you receive the cache and they scale once you open them. but that would be really awkward even for blizzard.

Deleted
    Uncertainty.

Farming the AP I personally don't mind. I farmed over 4 million AP in just one day with AK Level 20, that's not the problem for me.

The problem I am facing is which spec to chose for the chance of a legendary item. I still don't have the bracers for my Fire Mage so at the minute I am stick with Fire Loot Spec but what if Arcane is better in Nighthold? This time I am farming M+ dungeons for a good Fire Legendary is essentially wasted as it wont be good next patch.

My questions to you lovely people is what are you doing to prepare for 7.1.5? With 7.1.5 releasing at the same time (or very close) as Nighthold I don't really want to be holding my guild back with sub-par gear and legendary items I want to be ready for the new tier, ready with gear and legendary items etc.

I just wish Blizzard would either release full tuning numbers now and be done with 7.1.5 or delay it and give people a bit of time to prepare.
    As it is now, every time you find a Leg the next one will come after double the effort/time invested in your previous. If you have 2-3 for a spec and you decide to play another spec this chance won't reset. You will wait a long time for the next Leg.
    So yes, IMO AP is not an issue when changing spec, but the Legs are.

Quote Originally Posted by undecided casual View Post
    As it is now, every time you find a Leg the next one will come after double the effort/time invested in your previous. If you have 2-3 for a spec and you decide to play another spec this chance won't reset. You will wait a long time for the next Leg.
    So yes, IMO AP is not an issue when changing spec, but the Legs are.
    That's pure speculation, nobody but blizzard knows how the system works exactly.
    I know quite some people that have 5-6 legendaries right now and almost all of them switched their loot spec after they got 3 or 4 legendaries. And then there is me sitting on 4 for almost 4 weeks now.
    Could be random for sure, but same as your theory we have no clue what's going on.
    Last edited by Neoxx; 2016-12-25 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    I sticked with Fire for now as I am trait 49

Unfornately I got all the 4 utility legendaries ( got 5 right now and Bracers is one off them)

I had a 1 in 4 chance to get the shit legendary boots and ofc I get those.

My dream is still to get DB helm but RNG is not on my side

i agree with op.

besides all the other downsides of that shitty system (way too often discussed in a trzillion threads), often overseen, and one of the stupidest aspects, is the selected spec. multi spec is absolutelly useless in this xpac. there could be dozens easy solutions for that. non is ingame. there are millions out there, farming wquests as tank while main heal. or heals and tanks playing dps. when the L drop in that spec it sucks unbelievable.

or in short: with this stupid, short term, irational system blizzard clearly showed, that they either really think about that game much any longer, nor they are playing their own game, nor that they care about their customers or product. they did it, bc it was cheap shit. just shit gaming systems like this into a game and call it a day.

sad... just sad.

Just got fire bracers and i have belt too, guess i'll stick to fire
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Whats bothering me about this thread is that not a single one of you are complaining about the fact that you feel you have to "choose a specific spec"; the Mage is a pure-DPS class. All specs should be very viable, and there should NOT be a main one.

Fire bracers lost a lot of value due to the pruning of ice floes.
    Arcane will rule them all if blizz does not destroy it with tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Fire bracers lost a lot of value due to the pruning of ice floes.
    Arcane will rule them all if blizz does not destroy it with tuning.
    There's still shimmer
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Didn't say they are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    There's still shimmer
    You get far too many procs to get the best out of the wrist with just shimmer. Then there's some obvious issues when raiding...

If they are really that stubborn with the hardcasting proc, expect the bracer to go higher then the 300% dmg we've now on live because else it's hardly usable, unless you get 7.1.5 Norgannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    You get far too many procs to get the best out of the wrist with just shimmer. Then there's some obvious issues when raiding...

If they are really that stubborn with the hardcasting proc, expect the bracer to go higher then the 300% dmg we've now on live because else it's hardly usable, unless you get 7.1.5 Norgannon.
    I have norgannon, but the problem is that i have belt too
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I got the wrist and im hoping my 4th leg wont be shard of exxodar but norgannon.

I need a legendary to use my legendary. Rng inception.

Farming the AP I personally don't mind. I farmed over 4 million AP in just one day with AK Level 20, that's not the problem for me.
    Wtf is wrong with you like relax

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Wtf is wrong with you like relax
    I simply enjoy the game.

Just popped back to say I got my bracers on my mage, but came to the decision to stick as fire spec to increase chances of getting the ring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch of Anarchy View Post
    Whats bothering me about this thread is that not a single one of you are complaining about the fact that you feel you have to "choose a specific spec"; the Mage is a pure-DPS class. All specs should be very viable, and there should NOT be a main one.
    I think people are "choosing" spec because of AP investment and legendaries.
    Going further into the expansion may solve the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    I think people are "choosing" spec because of AP investment and legendaries.
    Going further into the expansion may solve the problem.
    That was very true after the 8% pyro nerf. 23 AK levels in i dont care, got 35 on all specs and stacking tokens in bank waiting to see where to put em, was hoping to play arcane but god what a slow and boring spec its become.
    At 890 im "blessed" with 4 legendaries; chest, sephuz, feets and DB-head. Db-head is fun in m+ except 9/10 times i overaggro tank unless i give him 7-9 sec to really get em to him. Its kinda fun to join lower keys as semi troll tho, comb+lb+rubyproc and i start tanking nomatter how much threat tank has, then nova to proc sephuz and i can kite it to stormwind.

Point being, leveling a new mage now since i get 1-2 leges so extremly fast, going as frost but if i proc the ring ill either leave it til 715 for new leges or go fire for a shot at bracers. Got another 2 mages at level100 on this server so if i find time im gonna park the other 2 at level109 and then in 715 i just go proc one legendary each cuz i guess the "one lege insta"-buff will remain in 7.1.5. Yet to decide spec tho but fire should be viable with like bracers + the combustion reducing PF one. The uptime on comb should get ridic.

/Ford