Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Oh boy, where to start? When it's born, it's a child. When it's yet to be born (unborn), it's an...

If abstinence destroys a given relationship, that speaks only to the weakness of the relationship. And so what if contraception options aren't absolutely effective? Failure of contraceptives does not somehow negate the unborn child's (le gasp) right to life.

I knocked down the "organ harvesting" analogy a few pages back when a mod brought it up, but I'll do so again now. Your analogy does not take into account that the mother willingly forfeited her bodily autonomy to the unborn child (trois!). The organ thing would look more like this:
    -You give someone your kidney
    -You decide you want your kidney back
    -Person dies

<--Atheist against abortion

Come now, if you're going to insult me, you could at least think about what you're typing. That one only works when speaking to someone verbally. Can't say I've ever opened my mouth to you.

And while I appreciate being called sweety, I don't swing that way (assuming you're a guy).

In my experience, the adamant and uninformed usually resort to personal attacks in lieu of coherent discourse.
    When its born it is a child, yes. Before it is born it is several stages in development. It is not a child. It is an egg to zygote, zygote to blastocyst, then blastocyst to fetus. Only someone so adamant against abortion says its an unborn child, no matter the stage.

You didn't knock down shit when it comes to organ harvesting. A woman still has a right to bodily autonomy. There are no rights to life for a fetus. A woman doesn't lose bodily autonomy just because they become pregnant.

It doesn't matter how you feel about it. A woman doesn't lose the right to her autonomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    When its born it is a child, yes. Before it is born it is several stages in development. It is not a child. It is an egg to zygote, zygote to blastocyst, then blastocyst to fetus. Only someone so adamant against abortion says its an unborn child, no matter the stage.

You didn't knock down shit when it comes to organ harvesting. A woman still has a right to bodily autonomy. There are no rights to life for a fetus. A woman doesn't lose bodily autonomy just because they become pregnant.

It doesn't matter how you feel about it. A woman doesn't lose the right to her autonomy.

I think it should be less about science and more about taking responsibility for your actions.

Who fucks without a condom thinking, "Biology won't happen THIS time"

If anything, abortion should be illegal to punish stupidity.

"Oh i'm sorry, you couldn't be bothered to take advantage of the plethora of birth control options we have available in the FUCKING FUTURE? Too bad. Your days of partying are over. Raise the child, become an adult, learn from your actions"

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Why do we even still have abortion when we have things like

Education
    Condoms
    Birth Control
    The Morning After Pill
    Getting your tubes tied
    Whatever that female condom thing is..

Look i'm all for women doing whatever they want, but when it comes to abortion, especially these days, it just seems like laziness and irresponsibility.

I'm sorry, unless the pregnancy was under circumstances that weren't preventable, I think abortion SHOULD be illegal. Also i'm a dirty liberal atheist.

Have as much sex as you want without the risk of getting pregnant (or at least very little). That's the joy of living in 2016.

We don't need to be killing babies when it becomes inconvenient any more.
    All of those things you listed have failure rates. Including education. Especially when you have all of these Southern states like Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia where they only teach Abstinence and have the highest teenage pregnancy rates. Also, NO ONE gets their tubes tied as a teenager to prevent pregnancy. Especially when they might want a child in their 20s or 30s. Also, I think a doctor can refuse to do the procedure for a teenager.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it should be less about science and more about taking responsibility for your actions.

"Oh i'm sorry, you couldn't be bothered to take advantage of the plethora of birth control options we have available in the FUCKING FUTURE? Too bad. Your days of partying are over. Raise the child, become an adult, learn from your actions"
    Condoms have a rather high failure rate for contraception. Abortion IS taking responsibility for your actions. EVERY contraception method has failure rates.

That is a great reason to bring a child into this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    All of those things you listed have failure rates. Including education. Especially when you have all of these Southern states like Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia where they only teach Abstinence and have the highest teenage pregnancy rates. Also, NO ONE gets their tubes tied as a teenager to prevent pregnancy. Especially when they might want a child in their 20s or 30s. Also, I think a doctor can refuse to do the procedure for a teenager.

- - - Updated - - -

Condoms have a rather high failure rate for contraception. Abortion IS taking responsibility for your actions. EVERY contraception method has failure rates.

Just because I say it should be illegal doesn't mean I think the system should be overhauled. Mainly without any interference from the religious wretches that try to corrupt Humans' best intentions.

I really refuse to believe the idea that "it doesn't work"

It probably doesn't work because fucking Christians make it hard to have easy access to things like

Education
    Condoms
    Birth Control
    The Morning After Pill
    Getting your tubes tied

So we have you as the guarantor to send all unwanted babies to since you assert that birth control is infallible?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    That is a great reason to bring a child into this world.
    Don't you start with that crap.

Don't you start with that crap.
    Too late I dun brought it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So we have you as the guarantor to send all unwanted babies to since you assert that birth control is infallible?
    If you didn't want a baby, why did you fuck without a condom, birth control or the morning after pill at the ready?

Once again, it's basic biology here.

Want to fuck? Great! Now we have science to combat mother nature from ruining our lives!

I mean this isn't rocket science.

You put some condoms in your purse or wallet and live like a person in modern society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Too late I dun brought it up.
    Okay well, I don't agree with you that this world is so shitty, that new life shouldn't be brought into it.

That's all i'm saying about the matter. Cheer up.

If you didn't want a baby, why did you fuck without a condom, birth control or the morning after pill at the ready?

Once again, it's basic biology here.

Want to fuck? Great! Now we have science to combat mother nature from ruining our lives!

I mean this isn't rocket science.
    So you assert that all these are infallible, and if women get pregnant even after going through all these steps they should send their babies to you, right?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

So you assert that all these are infallible, and if women get pregnant even after going through all these steps they should send their babies to you, right?
    I guess you glazed over the part about "overhauling" the system

Also, if we did overhaul the system without christian interference, chances are we would drastically improve our anti-pregnancy technology even more, even making it 100% foolproof.

The religious are the problem that need to be removed.

Just because I say it should be illegal doesn't mean I think the system should be overhauled. Mainly without any interference from the religious wretches that try to corrupt Humans' best intentions.

I really refuse to believe the idea that "it doesn't work"

It probably doesn't work because fucking Christians make it hard to have easy access to things like

Education
    Condoms
    Birth Control
    The Morning After Pill
    Getting your tubes tied
    Still doesn't change the fact that ALL of those have failure rates.

Condoms have a failure rate of 18%.
    Female condoms - 22%
    Pulling out - 22%
    Sponge - 24%
    Knowing your fertility dates - 24%
    Spermicide - 28%
    Injections - 6%
    The Pill - 9%
    Patch - 9%
    Ring - 9%
    Diaphragm - 12%
    Vasectomy - 0.15%
    Tubal Ligation (Tubes Tied) - 0.5%
    Implant - 0.05%
    IUDs - 0.2-0.8%

The ONLY thing that is 100% effective for contraception is Abstinence.

When I say abortion should be "illegal" I don't mean that it shouldn't flat out exist.

Come on people, don't make up arguments.

Also, if we did overhaul the system without christian interference, chances are we would drastically improve our anti-pregnancy technology even more, even making it 100% foolproof.

How would you overhaul the physical limitations of birth control, which aren't infallible, aside from technology we do not yet have?

I think "pulling out" would be replaced with uh...

EDUCATION

seriously "pulling out?"... fucking really? No wonder so many fucking unwanted births are taking place if this is the kind of shit people think will save them from parenthood. What the fuck?

But NOTHING is 100% foolproof but abstinence. I just debunked everything you listed by listing the failure rates. Christianity has NOTHING to do with the failure rates.

How would you overhaul the physical limitations of birth control, which aren't infallible, aside from technology we do not yet have?
    Improve on the ones we do have? Through research without interference from Jesus lovers?

Seriously, do you understand HOW MUCH those people are holding back humanity from the most BASIC things, like birth control?

I think "pulling out" would be replaced with uh...

EDUCATION

seriously "pulling out?"... fucking really? No wonder so many fucking unwanted births are taking place if this is the kind of shit people think will save them from parenthood. What the fuck?
    No, Education is Sex Ed. Teaching them what can happen if you have sex with STDs and pregnancy. Showing them what they can use with birth control and possibly how to use things like condoms.

- - - Updated - - -

When I say abortion should be "illegal" I don't mean that it shouldn't flat out exist.

Come on people, don't make up arguments.
    Abortion being illegal doesn't stop it from happening. It just stops it from happening safely. Making it illegal also means thousands of women die each year from botched back alley abortions.

No I think that if they fuck and have used every tool available to them and it still fails, they should go and get an abortion.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, this isn't the age of rusty and twisted clothes hangers going up the hoo haa, deep in Cold December Russia...

this is the western world 2016... where abortions can essentially be performed in a bathroom WITH a pill.

If you aren't sure it worked? Check again!

I mean... I will say i'm sorry... I am living in a nation where Healthcare is free, so the fact that I might be talking to cavemen from the South might be a hopeless battle in a hopeless light.

Improve on the ones we do have? Through research without interference from Jesus lovers?

Seriously, do you understand HOW MUCH those people are holding back humanity from the most BASIC things, like birth control?
    ANY manufactured product has failure rates. I just listed you the failure rates of them and you fucking ignored it. None of that has anything to do with religious people. Hell religious people will also use any and all forms of birth control as well as non religious people.