Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Arent 7.1.5 flips everything around?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UberpwN View Post
    Arent 7.1.5 flips everything around?
    We are very close to release. Recent build is flagged as release candidate.

So now is the time to give feedback. If we wait 2 weeks, those changes go live. And they usually dont balance talents outside of patches. At least for now they try to balance talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouncer View Post
    For an alternative perspective, I'm thrilled if I won't have to spec hailstorm next patch. Enhancement is so much more fun, to me, without needing to deal with frostbrand refreshing.
    It's already viable to not use Hailstorm. Ancestral Swiftness is 2-3% behind Hailstorm on live sims and shared the same margin on the PTR until the most recent hotfix. If you want to use AS to simply your rotation you can, and still do competitive damage. In fact, I prefer AS on live for mythic+ and raid fights that require a lot of add switching and movement (e.g., Odyn).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    The hailstorm nerf I kinda understand since everyone spec'd it and it was obviously the highest DPS.... but then why nerf AS? It wasn't exactly OP, and it would have been the next best alternative. Plus LS was buffed so it almost seems like they want us to pick LS.
    I think they wanted HS to still be the highest damage talent on that tier, as it's the only active talent (and tied to BOTH our single target legendaries).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    We are very close to release. Recent build is flagged as release candidate.

So now is the time to give feedback. If we wait 2 weeks, those changes go live. And they usually dont balance talents outside of patches. At least for now they try to balance talents.
    Indeed! We definitely need a numbers boost before this goes live, or we'll be bottom of the mdps pack. They've got enhance in such a good spot, mechanically, that it would be a shame for us to not do competitive numbers.

It's more like 5% at a high ilevel which is hard to justify for simple enjoyment of play.

Edit - whatever the actual number it's noticable on damage meters and too much to ignore when concerned about mythic raid spots
    Last edited by Rouncer; 2016-12-25 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    My concern is about hailstorm not being viable. Fixing our dps is easy, if it is too low.

We are definitely lower on PTR, but could be easily fixed aftr one week of Nighthold hc.

I always thought it made more sense for hailstorm to be an aoe talent. I was hoping to see it shift to be like frost dk's frozen pulse, but stronger because active. Buffing LS to be strong for ST, AS to be general and HS to be the aoe mvp made sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowland View Post
    --snip--
    This is just random question. Since stat gain per point took a dive for all classes in .5 patch and some of the classes took some nerfs too, have you factored in that stat drop/nerfs not only for Enhance but for all classes too?
    Saying "PTR Enhance is weaker than Live" doesnt say much if you look at the picture in more wide view factoring in all classes and whole .5 patch and its changes because enhance might be weaker on PTR but its maybe actually higher ranked.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2016-12-26 at 05:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    This is just random question. Since stat gain per point took a dive for all classes in .5 patch and some of the classes took some nerfs too, have you factored in that stat drop/nerfs not only for Enhance but for all classes too?
    Saying "PTR Enhance is weaker than Live" doesnt say much if you look at the picture in more wide view factoring in all classes and whole .5 patch and its changes because enhance might be weaker on PTR but its maybe actually higher ranked.
    Enhancement's damage is down even if you ignore the stat change (-40% hailstorm and -10% crit chance > +16% to aura abilities and +Lava Lash damage).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Enhancement's damage is down even if you ignore the stat change (-40% hailstorm and -10% crit chance > +16% to aura abilities and +Lava Lash damage).
    Additionaly many other specs like rogues even gained dps in live/ptr comparison, enhance lost dps. But i am not sure about how those work so i am not going to argue about it.

Problem is: we lost 5% crit, BF lost another 5% crit and mastery got nerfed. On top spell coefficient of hs has been nerfed by 40%. Those talent changes alone should be about 16% nerf.

Aura abilities are only 55 to 60% of our dps, so a 10% buff to aura is only 5.5 to 6% dps increase.

But honestly. Number changes are easy. They are going to buff and nerf anyways up to 24th january, when mythic NH is out. So dont freak out.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-12-26 at 08:12 AM.

But honestly. Number changes are easy. They are going to buff and nerf anyways up to 24th january, when mythic NH is out. So dont freak out.
    True, but it is still better to (relatively loudly) raise these issues on the official message boards instead of staying silent and expecting Blizzard to do the right thing.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    According to simulationcraft Enhancement shamans will be at 3rd last place on dps on a patchwerk fight. That's depressing... we started out so great

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    Last edited by psir; 2016-12-26 at 06:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psir View Post
    According to simulationcraft Enhancement shamans will be at 3rd last place on dps on a patchwerk fight. That's depressing... we started out so great

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    Yeah, but look at the builds and rotations that they are using. Once we adjust, we will be much much higher on that list. (maybe not back to where we were before, but in much better shape than what that set of sims is showing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    True, but it is still better to (relatively loudly) raise these issues on the official message boards instead of staying silent and expecting Blizzard to do the right thing.
    But why here? I dont believe they (the devs) are taking feedback from here. The most probable source of feedback is us ptr forum, where i can't post data.

It's no surprise, we got some pretty heavy nerfs and the talent buffs and aura changes arent enough to make up for those nerfs. But i am currently simming only 15k lower then on live with a modified HH/WS build, so we're talking about a 3% nerf in my gear after adapting gear. That's easy to fix.

I hate that our AOE is still soooooo bad, especially compared to other melees. If i look at live, ret palas are already stronger on AOE and single target fights. And ret pala even gained much dps in sims, they still have incredibly op legendaries like the belt. I read it's a freaking 10% dps increase, especially their enormous burst can be even better.

thank god sub is running out today and i wont play shitty balanced game anymore after 1 reroll and enhance offered only single target dmg and they nerf that lollllllll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    thank god sub is running out today and i wont play shitty balanced game anymore after 1 reroll and enhance offered only single target dmg and they nerf that lollllllll
    Enhance is currently still strong in raids and balancing isnt done yet.

Enhance is currently still strong in raids and balancing isnt done yet.
    i rolled enhance cause it has best single taget sustained dmg even though everything else like def cds and shit are garbage and now they nerf niche of the f spec .. fuck blizzard dev team.. if it has more buttons then some other specs in rotation then it should be on f top

But why here? I dont believe they (the devs) are taking feedback from here. The most probable source of feedback is us ptr forum, where i can't post data.
    I can't post on the US forums either, that's why I'm hoping other Enh shamans are expressing their worries there right now, before it's too late.

I hate that our AOE is still soooooo bad, especially compared to other melees. If i look at live, ret palas are already stronger on AOE and single target fights. And ret pala even gained much dps in sims, they still have incredibly op legendaries like the belt. I read it's a freaking 10% dps increase, especially their enormous burst can be even better.
    At least we should still be better than ferals. :-/
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Deleted
    yup we are lagging behind ... I wont resub after my sub expires in 10.1.2017. Enhance is shitty spec and now only for pve. pvp is dead for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    i rolled enhance cause it has best single taget sustained dmg even though everything else like def cds and shit are garbage and now they nerf niche of the f spec .. fuck blizzard dev team.. if it has more buttons then some other specs in rotation then it should be on f top
    Have you tried not being a crap fotm reroller then?

Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    Have you tried not being a crap fotm reroller then?
    yes for 9 years