Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire aoe without Flamestrike?

I've been doing 280-350k on trash in m+, pretty sure it's not good considering i'm 878, i used to use FS alot but apparently it's not even worth it so i stopped and just did ST stuff and let ignite spread itself.

Anyone got helpful tips to improve? I used to use FS on trash that die fast but in +7 onwards, trash doesn't really die that quick anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see Living Bomb mentioned anywhere, which would be your issue. You should be using that on cooldown for trash (never use it on ST of course) and complete your single target rotation otherwise. 8+ Targets (afaik) is when you should Flamestrike instead of Pyroblast on Hot Streaks. If you're using Flame Patch though, 3+ targets is when you should Flamestrike. Flame Patch is great for long-lasting targets as well, so it would work in place of LB if you don't like that talent.

You use flamestrike on 4+ targets.

Deleted
    I use it on 3 + targets. I don't use Living Bomb btw, it deals NO damage, so not worth spending a global on it. Both other 2 talents are much better options. Why would any one use Living Bomb on anything less than 10000000000 + targets?

really? I use LB on cd as i read many guides say to do it. I stopped using Flamestrike so its the normal ST rotation + LB.

So now i don't even use LB but Flamestrike instead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    I use it on 3 + targets. I don't use Living Bomb btw, it deals NO damage, so not worth spending a global on it. Both other 2 talents are much better options. Why would any one use Living Bomb on anything less than 10000000000 + targets?
    You must not be very good at the game. Living bomb is our best AoE spell by far even with small mob counts such as 5 targets.

Deleted
    LB dmg is just pathetic even for AOE. I am using Flame Patch, of course, it is great for 3 + targets while LB is only good when you have like 7 + targets and has a 12 sec cd lol, and even in that case Flame Patch is a better option. I would only take LB if they would remove the cd on it or lower it for at least 6 seconds.
    12 sec cooldown! That must be a joke ...

Edit, i hope you won try to convince me that Cinderstorm is also great aoe spell?
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2016-12-26 at 05:55 PM.

LB dmg is just pathetic even for AOE. I am using Flame Patch, of course, it is great for 3 + targets while LB is only good when you have like 7 + targets and has a 12 sec cd lol, and even in that case Flame Patch is a better option. I would only take LB if they would remove the cd on it or lower it for at least 6 seconds.
    This has to be bait right?

Gl with flame patch with tanks kiting mobs in m+ because of necrotic
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Cinderstorm is actually the best AoE talent, yes.

FS on 4+ targets, LB is by far better than patch unless you're just consistently doing 3-4 target fights (and even then it's pretty close), but M+ tends to be pulling as much as you can and LB is one of the strongest abilities in the game above 6 targets (and scales quadratically, while patch scales linearly).

Edit, i hope you won try to convince me that Cinderstorm is also great aoe spell?
    Is this guy serious?

Biggest trolling ever. He obviously isnt serious.

Making sure you use LB on CD and FS when appropriate will be the major pointers to aoe.
    Not to mention knowing when you can use flame on between your combustions and being able to use combustion on trash between bosses wgile stillhaving it up for bosses will help as well.

Living Bomb is bad for aoe?... dear god...

hitting 2M DPS with this in specific aoe fights (like the oozes and spiders of arcway, the first few pulls in Vault of the Wardens etc) is achievable just by casting RoP->Living Bomb->2x Phoenix->Flamestike... and guess what most of it is living bomb, this thing is often over 15% of the total damage done in mythic+ and none uses it for less than 3 targets,meaning it's alot more than 15% of our aoe and you don't want to cast it for a global?...

well don't but at least don't give that for advice to people asking for help
    @Ferrair: flamestrike should indeed replace Pyroblast at 4+ targets, it's not a bad spell, don't forget the Aftershocks and the 2x ignite it applies that are also essentially 'flame strike damage'

Deleted
    Jesus, guys ... With Flame Patch buff in 7.1.5 ptr. Flamestrike is good even for single target dps. Stop favorizing Living Bomb and Cinderstorm: Flame Patch and Meteor will be the go talents next patch.

My bad, didn't notice that op means m+ only. So this is for elitists only conversation, bye.

Jesus, guys ... With Flame Patch buff in 7.1.5 ptr. Flamestrike is good even for single target dps. Stop favorizing Living Bomb and Cinderstorm: Flame Patch and Meteor will be the go talents next patch.

My bad, didn't notice that op means m+ only. So this is for elitists only conversation, bye.
    Indeed. I too am sick of all this elitist that only talk about Mythic Dungeons, Mythic+, Raids (even that LFR sounds elitist).
    Very unusual for people like us who fight Training dummys and World Quest mobs every day where a Flamestrike is much more valued than the no-damage, very long cd Living Bomb.

Well abusing drugs is bad.

You want to living bomb on CD and use Flamestrike on 4+ targets. During combustion you flame strike on 10+ targets since the ignite from bursting ST is worth more during combustion. Also i dont see anyone mentioning you should be using rune of power, flame on and phoenix flames on every pack, if youre doing anything higher than a 7/8 you should be able to rune every other pack and flame on during those packs too and if your other dps suck you can do it every pack. With 878 ilevel, if you have good trinkets and a decent legendary you should be doing around 450k overall. Obviously your DPS will heavily rely on how many targets get pulled at once but id say if you are getting more than 3 targets each pull you should DEFINITELY be getting more than 400k overall. Im 874 equipped and during dungeons like DHT or BRH i average 500k+ with bough/aran and dragons breath helmet. If you have 3 good trinkets and sinew is 1 of them, make sure youre trinket swapping its really important and provides a big dps boost.

In terms of like tips for DPS, you should make sure you never clip hot streaks, always make sure your living bomb explosions happen in your rune of power (this is #1 prio for runing in mythic +) and you should use dragons breath if you have the helmet on CD. usually you can do living bomb rune of power dragons breath phoenix flame fireblast flame strike phoenix flame fireblast flame strike and you should peak really high DPS and blow the mob up, after this you should just flame on and double FB and then flame strike again if the mobs still alive and you still have rune up (which you should).

HOWEVER, during Mythic + you should be using kindling which means you can combustion about every 3 packs so make sure you have rune and flame on for those. Getting used to the dungeons is really important, make sure you living bomb outside combustion too ofcourse and unless theres 10+ targets you single target burst with living bomb before and after combustion is over. Dragons Breath should be used at the end of combustion too in the final global ofcourse.

If you want more specific advice let me know or PM me and ill try to help you if i can

Edit: Forgot to mention make sure you are using potions of prolonged power, they are dirt cheap (1 blood of sargeras = 10 pots), you can maintain nearly 100% uptime if done right (never pot in combat other than bosses) and you can prepot nearly every pull right as it comes off CD, its an insane amount of extra DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Well abusing drugs is bad.
    Well, I think we could argue about that.

Fllame patch vs Living Bomb is mainly a question of number of targets and how long they stay alive.

It seems like flame patch is just overpowered right now.

tbh I LB on 2+, and never use flamestrike

I only use flamestrike with many targets that are going to die fast, e.h. murlocs in the cave in eoa, bats in brh etc...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©