Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Overall the expansion was pretty decent. I'm unsubbed but the two months I did play I generally had fun and I won't ask for more than that for 30 pounds. However, I will say that Suramar was the most poorly designed zone they have ever done. I hated every single second I had to be in that place to advance my character. The gameplay experience was so bad I very nearly uninstalled the game at least twice. I also thought they overhyped world quests when there was nothing really interesting or different about them.
    A great example of how you can't please everyone. Release has every right to his opinion, and his is every bit as valid as mine, but I love Suramar. I think it's one of the best things Blizz has ever done. I enjoy having at least one quest zone where you have to be careful. OMG we're going into enemy territory and we actually have to think about being careful?! What a revolutionary idea!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    There isn't. You see largely the same stupid people (trolls) bitching about things that aren't that big of a deal in the big picture that you saw years ago. By the numbers Legion is extremely successful and by the numbers people are still absolutely loving it.

Stop reading the vocal minority and most MMO-C threads in general. Literally every single thing here is handled with a million tons of hyperbole.
    Actually, "by the numbers" Legion is doing about as well as WoD did.
    And thats a bit odd as WoD was way better than Legion so far.

Overall it's a good expansion, best in quite a while I'd say, but it's just too grindy with artifacts, and solo players don't progress well.

Deleted
    The more raider-oriented min/max/vocal playerbase complain about legendaries RNG. You can be lucky and get a "good one" and be happy, but be unlucky and get 1,2,3 "medium/bad" ones and then feel they can't compete with other guidies. This added to the ever constant class/spec unbalance and its a downfall for disaster.

Blizzard essencialy added a new layer of unbalance possibilities beyond the usual class and spec unbalances leading to rerolls. On top of that made artifact power on alts (in this case rerolls from hardcore raiders) relenvant making rerolls even harder than on past expansions.

So people who are more min/max raiders either get lucky with their class/spec + legendary drops, or they have to reroll wasting a lot of time on grinds. Blizzard says that artifact power is easy to catch up but raiders disagree.

For the more casual player it's an ok/fun system. Nothing bad there on a little RNG excitement. But unfortunately for this kind of players blizzard also messed up making mythic dungeons not accessible in the LFD system, instead relying the end-game on manual group finding, something a lot of more casual oriented players dislike.

(don't make the mistake thinking that all casual players are bad and are unable to do mythic 5 men, that's the major blizzard downfall for more casual players).

So in sum, the more hardcore raiders dislike legion, and the more casual players dislike it. That leaves a considerable portion of the playerbase with complains about legion i think.

If blizzard would fix the legendary sytem (balance the power level of dps legendarys and make a system so that you can choose wich one to get), and make mythic 0 dungeons open in the LFD, (people who don't want casuals on their groups would still make manual groups for it) i think 90% of the QQ would go away tbh.

I loved legion but I do the same misstake I always do, I play myself too the ground the first month and I end up quitting for a few months lol I guess many others get that feeling but won't admit it since they have nothing else too do or play, so they find something small too be annoyed about

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    So i started playing around week ago, and i really do not get why people hate this expansion so much ?
    Just keep playing and you'll figure it out.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is hate.

But there is criticism. You must see the difference between the two.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So i started playing around week ago, and i really do not get why people hate this expansion so much ?
    More people like this game than dislike it. Don't let a few juvenile's on a message board confuse you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    WoD was way better than Legion so far.
    In your opinion. If you checked these same forums during WoD, all you would find are threads about how bad WoD was.

In 8.0, we will have threads about how much the current expansion sucks, and how everything was better in the good old days of Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    There isn't. You see largely the same stupid people (trolls) bitching about things that aren't that big of a deal in the big picture that you saw years ago. By the numbers Legion is extremely successful and by the numbers people are still absolutely loving it.

Stop reading the vocal minority and most MMO-C threads in general. Literally every single thing here is handled with a million tons of hyperbole.
    So you think the legendary system is good? the AP system is good? yea ok, keep drinking

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the expansion, I have only one problem so far..

If you just began or had to do a break, you are fucked for the entire expansion if you want to raid on mythic.. atleast that's my experience so far.

This forum is an echo chamber for negativity. Ain't no more or less "hate" for this expansion than any other (aside from WOD).

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    A great example of how you can't please everyone. Release has every right to his opinion, and his is every bit as valid as mine, but I love Suramar. I think it's one of the best things Blizz has ever done. I enjoy having at least one quest zone where you have to be careful. OMG we're going into enemy territory and we actually have to think about being careful?! What a revolutionary idea!
    You must be some sort of sadist

I remember trying to complete the world quest where you carry the stuff into the boat. You sit behind the keyboard and as the hours pass you become more and more emaciated and unhealthy trying to find the quest item. Then when you finally do find it in an indiana jones moment of exclamation, a cold sweat breaks out as you attempt to navigate your slow moving character in disguise without being revealed and dieing. All before suffering the final ignominy of somebody running over your body should you fail this final challenge and stealing the item you gave up so very much for.

It made me want to put my fist through the monitor.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because people love to complain about :insert current expansion name:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    So you think the legendary system is good? the AP system is good? yea ok, keep drinking
    They have as much right to like it as you do to dislike it.

Personally I enjoy the AP system because there is always something useful I can do to upgrade my character, 24/7, and there is little-to-no RNG involved. So AP is what I focus on, trusting the RNG to work out over time.

I agree the legendaries would have been better if all the effects were utility rather than spec-changing, but my approach worked and I now have 4 to choose from. None of mine at the moment are OP for raiding, but two are very good for M+. M+ is my favorite part of the game right now.

So yah, overall I'm happy. Sorry if you are not. At least it's just a game, right? In the end it all matters about as much as Candy Crush.

Because its the current xpac, and people who don't like certain changes will complain about those changes.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    More people like this game than dislike it. Don't let a few juvenile's on a message board confuse you.
    If you perceive someone complaining about too much RNG (most feedback from forums) as disliking the game you're not really getting it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    You must be some sort of sadist

I remember trying to complete the world quest where you carry the stuff into the boat. You sit behind the keyboard and as the hours pass you become more and more emaciated and unhealthy trying to find the quest item. Then when you finally do find it in an indiana jones moment of exclamation, a cold sweat breaks out as you attempt to navigate your slow moving character in disguise without being revealed and dieing. All before suffering the final ignominy of somebody running over your body should you fail this final challenge and stealing the item you gave up so very much for.

It made me want to put my fist through the monitor.
    But then you learn there are better ways to do it. Like taking to the rooftops and bypassing most of the guards. Or grouping with guild mates and doing it together. Or just scouting out the guards routes so you can avoid them through more back alleys. There are smarter ways to do Suramar. You don't have to let it frustrate you. I approach it like a puzzle. Or did. Now I mostly overgear it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    If you perceive someone complaining about too much RNG (most feedback from forums) as disliking the game you're not really getting it.
    There is no RNG to AP, and AP is the surest way to progress your character. RNG works out over time. I know that's little comfort to those competing for raid spots on their favorite toon, but it really does work out over time. Hopefully too the latest tweaks will even out the legendaries.

I liked the expansion, I am not playing currently due to lack of time. I can say that I didn't like:

1) AP, ap sucks, it will force you to play many hours in order to keep up with the amount needed. It is heavily alt/multiple specs unfriendly. I would be fine with it if they removed the final gold trait, it is boring buff and a ridiculous huge grind, I would rather spent the points/time in my other specs and characters.
    2) Legendaries, the system is crap, you play a lot to get your legendary, you get a terrible one, it is frustrating as hell.
    3) Pruning, they went too far with pruning on most classes and not too far with others, which makes the game boring to some specs and some quite unfair PVP matches.
    4) Some classes have a huge balance problem: elemental shamans and survival hunters were just plain abandoned. Tank balance is quite bad right now also. This doesn't affect every class, so be sure to avoid the ones hit with this.

Overall it is still quite a fun expansion, loved the world quest system and the mythic plus as well, raids could be better, but they are still good.

Deleted
    Hate?thats the most loved expansion since wrath.