Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Democrats lost over 1,000 seats under Obama

Still want to think its all smoke and mirrors why Trump won. at some point I would think the liberals and those so upset will stop pointing fingers at all the other smoke screens and actually look within their own message and party to see why they lost.. . but im not holding my breath, I feel there are still months and months of crying left.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...der-obama.html

Also worth noting.
    Democratic U.S. Senate seats fell from 55 to 46. Their share of the House plummeted from 256 seats to 194. Republicans still control both chambers going into the next session.

Democratic governerships also became a rarity during this eight-year period, slipping from 28 to 16.

See for me its not "reps won, dem lost" and as you so un-eloquently put it "liberals" being upset.
    I'm pretty sure the biggest part of the country and the world is sad trump won plain and simple. We'd be almost as sad if hillary won.
    Or the other two dingbats.

What "republicans" and "democrats" dont seem to understand is that they are the MINORITY...the rest of the world has moved past these shitty names for essentially the same party, rich people. It's time to move on and fix the complete system

None of the people running should have become president, but somehow the least qualified and most insane won. That should frighten any sane person for the fate of the world ;P

Year President Party House Seats Senate Seats

1980 Ronald Reagan Republican +34 +12
    1984 Ronald Reagan Republican +14 -2
    1988 George Bush Republican -2 0
    1992 William J. Clinton Democratic -10 0
    1996 William J. Clinton Democratic -9 -2
    2000 George W. Bush Republican -3 -4
    2004 George W. Bush Republican +3 +4
    2008 Barack Obama Democratic +23 +8
    2012 Barack Obama Democratic +8 +1
    2016 Donald J. Trump Republican -6 -2

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/...ions_seats.php

Fake news?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    Still want to think its all smoke and mirrors why Trump won. at some point I would think the liberals and those so upset will stop pointing fingers at all the other smoke screens and actually look within their own message and party to see why they lost.. . but im not holding my breath, I feel there are still months and months of crying left.

Also worth noting.
    Even though I'm 100% republican - I think president Obama was a good leader for us. He rightfully discovered that our true challenge lies in the pacific - with China. We cannot lose Japan as our ally. He righfully started to withdraw our forces from this shithole called Middle Ease. He stood up against AIPAC.

What I consider a flaw in his policy was this 'reset' with Russia. Our very well-being lies in Europe. We cannot leave Eastern Europe to Moscow or Berlin.

Deleted
    Well I guess project red map was quite the success after all
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2016-12-27 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Gerrymandering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Year President Party House Seats Senate Seats

1980 Ronald Reagan Republican +34 +12
    1984 Ronald Reagan Republican +14 -2
    1988 George Bush Republican -2 0
    1992 William J. Clinton Democratic -10 0
    1996 William J. Clinton Democratic -9 -2
    2000 George W. Bush Republican -3 -4
    2004 George W. Bush Republican +3 +4
    2008 Barack Obama Democratic +23 +8
    2012 Barack Obama Democratic +8 +1
    2016 Donald J. Trump Republican -6 -2

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/...ions_seats.php

Fake news?
    That list is only of presidential election years - thus the discrepancy. Most of the seat losses happened in the 2010, and 2014 elections.

Yeah, not saying that they're necessarily wrong, but they didn't bother to break down those numbers even a little. That much of a net loss means they're counting lots of fiddly positions that seem unlikely to have anything to do with who's currently the president. And it's Fox, who is known for their bias and data manipulation. Think I'm going to remain skeptical on this for now.

Quote Originally Posted by kreationkin View Post
    That list is only of presidential election years - thus the discrepancy. Most of the seat losses happened in the 2010, and 2014 elections.
    Also doesn't include state legislature seats which is where the bulk of the 1000 number comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    See for me its not "reps won, dem lost" and as you so un-eloquently put it "liberals" being upset.
    I'm pretty sure the biggest part of the country and the world is sad trump won plain and simple. We'd be almost as sad if hillary won.
    Or the other two dingbats.

What "republicans" and "democrats" dont seem to understand is that they are the MINORITY...the rest of the world has moved past these shitty names for essentially the same party, rich people. It's time to move on and fix the complete system

None of the people running should have become president, but somehow the least qualified and most insane won. That should frighten any sane person for the fate of the world ;P
    Do you think I give a rats ass what the rest of the world thinks? they have much more major problems then to worry about who in the hell Americans elect as their president. They need to concern them self with what mess thier leaders have created for them and we will worry about ours

10+ Year Old Account
    1> More people voted for a Democratic leader than a Republican one.

2> After 8 years of a President, the USA generally votes for change.

3> A lot of the supposed issues people voted for Trump over because the Democrats "didn't speak to it", like jobs for middle America, manufacturing jobs specifically, is a description of the ignorance of those voters, as supported by the mass media (both political sides, I'm not making a partisan jab). The Dems had those issues specifically addressed in their platform, but didn't get a chance to discuss that platform in the midst of the bullshitstorm of "EMAILS" and "BENGHAZI" and "CORRUPT".

Republicans pretending that losing the popular vote is some kind of huge landslide victory for Trump that changes everything forever is just flat-out ridiculous. If Clinton had won this narrowly, after Obama's much stronger victory, nobody would be making those arguments the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Gerrymandering.
    only effects house seats so what is your excuse for all the governships senate seats and president ?

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post

Also worth noting.
    And in related news, a bunch of states have had their districts redrawn by the republicans to be illegally favoring them after year of doing damage to the nation and the interests of the people.

With the districts in North Carolina as they are drawn (also ruled illegal) with a 50/50 split in the vote, our seats get split 3 to 10 in the republicans favor, even with a 55/45 lead for the Democrats the Republicans get it 4 to 10. Then you have all the illegal stuff they do to try and control the votes and so on.

All this shows to many is a combination of the republicans getting rewarded for cheating and many voters who stayed home rather than voting for Clinton who threw a grenade down ballot.

Edit: Also shows that the more the Democrats chase the donors, the more they run away from the voters they are ignoring. If the voters wanted to vote for a republican, they wouldn't be a democrat.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2016-12-27 at 03:59 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    1> More people voted for a Democratic leader than a Republican one.

2> After 8 years of a President, the USA generally votes for change.

3> A lot of the supposed issues people voted for Trump over because the Democrats "didn't speak to it", like jobs for middle America, manufacturing jobs specifically, is a description of the ignorance of those voters, as supported by the mass media (both political sides, I'm not making a partisan jab). The Dems had those issues specifically addressed in their platform, but didn't get a chance to discuss that platform in the midst of the bullshitstorm of "EMAILS" and "BENGHAZI" and "CORRUPT".

Republicans pretending that losing the popular vote is some kind of huge landslide victory for Trump that changes everything forever is just flat-out ridiculous. If Clinton had won this narrowly, after Obama's much stronger victory, nobody would be making those arguments the other way around.
    you don't get to change the rules of the game after losing the game then make the dishonest claim if we played by the changed rules you would have lost. Trump lost the popular vote because he didn't campaign to win the popular vote. Trump campaigned to win the popular vote in the states he needed to win the electoral college count

this lame attempt at a absurd excuse "well Trump didn't win the popular vote" shows nothing but the utter refusal to except liberalism with its PC culture is being rejected

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Even though I'm 100% republican - I think president Obama was a good leader for us. He rightfully discovered that our true challenge lies in the pacific - with China. We cannot lose Japan as our ally. He righfully started to withdraw our forces from this shithole called Middle Ease. He stood up against AIPAC.

What I consider a flaw in his policy was this 'reset' with Russia. Our very well-being lies in Europe. We cannot leave Eastern Europe to Moscow or Berlin.
    Withdrawal from the Middle East wasn't his doing... it was already put in place by the Bush administration and him not challenging it to keep them there longer is what the paved the way for ISIS to deploy and spread with such ease, it is by far the dumbest choice I've seen a president make over my lifetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of people voted democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    And in related news, a bunch of states have had their districts redrawn by the republicans to be illegally favoring them after year of doing damage to the nation and the interests of the people.

With the districts in North Carolina as they are drawn (also ruled illegal) with a 50/50 split in the vote, our seats get split 3 to 10 in the republicans favor, even with a 55/45 lead for the Democrats the Republicans get it 4 to 10. Then you have all the illegal stuff they do to try and control the votes and so on.

All this shows to many is a combination of the republicans getting rewarded for cheating and many voters who stayed home rather than voting for Clinton who threw a grenade down ballot.

Edit: Also shows that the more the Democrats chase the donors, the more they run away from the voters they are ignoring. If the voters wanted to vote for a republican, they wouldn't be a democrat.
    only effects house seats so what is your excuse for all the governships senate seats and president ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    you don't get to change the rules of the game after losing the game then make the dishonest claim if we played by the changed rules you would have lost. Trump lost the popular vote because he didn't campaign to win the popular vote. Trump campaigned to win the popular vote in the states he needed to win the electoral college count

this lame attempt at a absurd excuse "well Trump didn't win the popular vote" shows nothing but the utter refusal to except liberalism with its PC culture is being rejected
    Do you get paid to be oblivious to reality? Or is it something you enjoy as a hobby?

I do hope that Trumpeteers, and those "conservatives" latching on to him, misconstrue this election as some sort of mandate. Losing the popular vote doesn't mean anything in a legal sense, but in a practical sense it...eh fuck it. You have demonstrated time and time again you aren't anywhere near capable of understanding nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    As a resident of North Carolina, screwing with the votes has a direct result on the governors and senate seats which our state has made the news for trying to screw the minority and democratic voters.

And as far as the president, easy, Clinton was the reason for that. She cheated in both the primaries and then insulted and antagonized her voters thinking they had no choice. It wasn't Trump winning so much as it was Clinton losing, Trump was just the guy who she happened to lose to. Gary Busey could have beaten her with all she did.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary lacked a decent 50 state plan, hopefully the Democrats have learned that while they focused on national the Republicans have been solidifying their state and local gains. Hillary and the Dems got far to comfortable and it showed.