Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Legions end (theory)

I've been milling over the idea of whats going to happen at the end of legion, given all thats happened so far, and I think I've formed a possible theory.

From what we know, blizzard isn't making a legion homeworld/Argus expansion, which is pretty silly to me, given how the magnitude of fighting the legion on its homeworld should be like the biggest culmination of warcraft. The legion has caused endless grief to so many races across warcrafts timeline, that fighting and finishing them off in one huge battle on its now homeworld would have been epic for an entire expansion.

But I digress, blizzard only wants to make it a patch, whatever. So we should believe that something dramatic should happen in this final patch. Now going back to what I said before, the final battle against the legion should be something dramatic, climactic, and overall have this feel of the denizens of azeroth have had enough of the legions shit, we're taking the fight to them, and ending their shit.

Now in a perfect world, I would have thought the best and most intense outcome would be using portals or soul magic or whatever crap, to blow up Argus, in the twisting nether, killing off the legion in dramatic fashion as we escape through the portals back to azeroth. This would be an awesome outcome storywise, even having certain lore figures staying behind to keep whatever mojo it is going in order to blow up Argus.

But then.. I remembered this isn't a game that allows for such things to occur, this isn't mass effect. Blizzard has never really done anything like that in world of warcraft, and more then likely won't ever, since making the choice to blow up a planet or a location permanently so nothings left, and offers no questing hubs, dungeons or raids, would go against the gameplay itself.

So scratch that idea, most sense it would make, but not within blizzard ability to pull off.

So, I thought what if we're not going to Argus to blow it up. What if we're fighting the legion head on, with intent to kill off its leaders, kil'jaeden and Archimonde, in the twisting nether permanently, and with Sargeras out of the picture as whatever he is now, a ghost? What if all this is leading to the same outcome we did for Wrath.

What if we're aiming to replace the current legion leaders, with another.

But who could this mysterious person be. Who is capable of performing such a feat? Oh who could be so amazing, so godly, so beyond any doubt of his..

yeah its Illidan.

I honestly think their gonna do 'a twist' of having him do a Bolvar and become leader of the legion somehow, controlling all demons.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Sounds pretty like patch material to me, here's hoping were both wrong and it's something cooler
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

We are most likely going to just blow up the planet. We will be a strike force that will push into the homeworld and then nuke it. Just like illidan did to the Dreadlords planet. Argus is so corrupted its like a point in the twisting nether pulled into reality. Every demon we kill when it blows will be dead forever.

Without leaders Demons will go back to infighting. They are chaotic in nature and are only held in line because of Sargaras/kil'jaden/archimond. Once we wipe out those 3 the legion should crumble to the point that we will be able to make a focused effort in eradicating them or atleast banishing them into the nether permanently.
    Last edited by Felrane; 2016-12-28 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    We are most likely going to just blow up the planet. We will be a strike force that will push into the homeworld and then nuke it. Just like illidan did to the Dreadlords planet. Argus is so corrupted its like a point in the twisting nether pulled into reality. Every demon we kill when it blows will be dead forever.
    That would be a little weird considering if that's the end, we'll still be on Argus until the new expansion releases
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That would be a little weird considering if that's the end, we'll still be on Argus until the new expansion releases
    True we could also just take out the legion leadership and then perhaps reclaim the planet not having to blow it to hell. Would have to close every demonic portal though. And a planet thats been a demonic outpost for 30,000 years might not be that good for our health.

Illidan can't be the new boss of the legion because sargeras is still there and he can kill Illidan like he were a fucking ant and wipe out the azeroth forces without drop a sweat, that is why i think after we deal with the deceiver in argus, he is gonna show up and turn our sweet victory in a race to get out of the planet and realizing the only way to defeat him is with the baby titan azeroth
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2016-12-28 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post

Without leaders Demons will go back to infighting. They are chaotic in nature and are only held in line because of Sargaras/kil'jaden/archimond. Once we wipe out those 3 the legion should crumble to the point that we will be able to make a focused effort in eradicating them or atleast banishing them into the nether permanently.
    How would we kill Sargeras.

Deleted
    I just hope Illidan dies and we'll never ever hear about him again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Now in a perfect world, I would have thought the best and most intense outcome would be using portals or soul magic or whatever crap, to blow up Argus, in the twisting nether, killing off the legion in dramatic fashion as we escape through the portals back to azeroth. This would be an awesome outcome storywise, even having certain lore figures staying behind to keep whatever mojo it is going in order to blow up Argus.
    How do you think Draenor became Outland?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    How do you think Draenor became Outland?
    Draenor wasn't "destroyed", it was fractured and hurled into the nether, I'm talking about complete annihilation, nothing left
    #boycottchina

Well that's a most illogical combination of crap theories I've seen so far, honestly.
    "LEGOINE IS SOOO EPIG OMG I CAN FIGHT IT 3 EXPANSIONS IN A ROW!"
    HELL NO! An entire expansion of same green demons on same green planet with same bosses is lame and boring as hell.
    Another completely pointless point here is "fighting Archimonde and KJ in the Nether". Yeah. An endboss of previous expac and boss of previous PATCH makes just a wonderful idea of and endboss.
    So it's clear. No other option then Sargeras, counting that we are to "end the Legion thread once and for all". Sargeras is no ghost or disembodied ever since the newest lore from Chronicles. He's absolutely alive and active.
    Argus, most likely, will be a huge zone and it's really gonna be blown up by portals. And that seems as the only possible way to make a blast powerful enough to kill Sargeras, so I'd give like 90% that it will be so.
    The zone will likely stay just as a game mechanic where we will be able to repeat the final battle.
    What about epicness, I'm sure that entire Army of the Light will arrive with us to Argus, so proportions of the Legion's last stand will be huge enough. And it might be 2 patches, like Escalation and Siege of Orgrimmar, so epicness will be felt properly. And I will make a guess that 7.3 or 7.4 patch will be called "Army of the Light".

And I'm absolutely happy that they've decided to give us a chance to destroy Legion and Sargeras, finally.

I hope we lose.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

We should use stealth/guerilla tactics against Legion with specific goal of activating these portals (in and out) to destroy Argus, not just run in and fight Sargeras and Legion head to head on their homeworld (wod nonsense). Like said above some lore figures die/sacrafice themselves keeping portals open or whatever to not make Legion look like a bunch of Mojo Jojos. I would like they make us have hideouts across Argus from which we start planing these guerilla atacks/ locating places where to open portals.

It would be cool they make it feel like one huge spec op where all portals have to be activated simultaneously. We make groups led by lore chars each being assigned with opening portal at specific place where Argus is most likely to crack. One of those groups would be "player raid group" and they make raid centered around opening one of portals neccesery for destroying Argus.

Argus doesn't have to be destroyed in game, they could just show epic cinematic of exploding Argus and have that as canon ending.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2016-12-28 at 03:49 PM.

I had a very similar thought to the OP's.

Warning: bellow is just theory. And it's not even a good theory or a story that I'd like, it's just how I think Blizzard could possibly end Legion. It not what I'd really want to see, just pure conjecture that takes into consideration past Blizzard narratives.

I think we will push into Argus. The final raid will be about setting up a trap to destroy Sargeras (kinda like Ner'zhul destroyed Draenor, but even more powerful).

During the patch we find out WHY Sargeras made the Legion. And then Illidan goes all "the Void Lords must be stopped" and "the ends justify the means" and proceeds to go rogue and start his own Legion (he doesn't assume control over the original Legion, instead he begins to build his own demonic army, with his own twists and tactics).

After all, Illidan and Sargeras both have this "sacrifices must be made in order to ensure the greater good". So the lesser evil (Illidan) replaces the great one (Sargeras) by the end. Of course, Illidan is much weaker than Sargeras, and less corrupt. This new illidari legion would not be the same level of threat, but a thing that could possibly become a threat one day.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have always thought, that Legion would end with Tyralion and the army of light backstapping us, because we allow warlocks, shadow priests and demon hunters among our ranks and that Xera's mission on Azeroth was really to assassinate Illidan to stop him from becoming a new demon overlord. Would be a great twist and could fall in pretty good with us destroying the last of the legion on Argus, since Sargeras is pretty much dead.

If Legion does not culminate with the destrution of the legion, then i will be sad as hell. We finally have a chance to end a big-bad-guy in Warcraft, so that we can make space for new onces. It would be cool if we went to Argus, destroyed all the demon making machines and creatures, and finally delt with both Archimonde and Kil'jaeden for good.

So if the last raid of Legion ends with us killing the heart of Argus, but finding out that the Army of light only lured us to Argus to use us to destroy the Legion and put us in a weak state, i will actually have new hope in the WoW Dev team.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I've been milling over the idea of whats going to happen at the end of legion, given all thats happened so far, and I think I've formed a possible theory.

From what we know, blizzard isn't making a legion homeworld/Argus expansion, which is pretty silly to me, given how the magnitude of fighting the legion on its homeworld should be like the biggest culmination of warcraft. The legion has caused endless grief to so many races across warcrafts timeline, that fighting and finishing them off in one huge battle on its now homeworld would have been epic for an entire expansion.

But I digress, blizzard only wants to make it a patch, whatever. So we should believe that something dramatic should happen in this final patch. Now going back to what I said before, the final battle against the legion should be something dramatic, climactic, and overall have this feel of the denizens of azeroth have had enough of the legions shit, we're taking the fight to them, and ending their shit.

But then.. I remembered this isn't a game that allows for such things to occur, this isn't mass effect. Blizzard has never really done anything like that in world of warcraft, and more then likely won't ever, since making the choice to blow up a planet or a location permanently so nothings left, and offers no questing hubs, dungeons or raids, would go against the gameplay itself.

So scratch that idea, most sense it would make, but not within blizzard ability to pull off.

So, I thought what if we're not going to Argus to blow it up. What if we're fighting the legion head on, with intent to kill off its leaders, kil'jaeden and Archimonde, in the twisting nether permanently, and with Sargeras out of the picture as whatever he is now, a ghost? What if all this is leading to the same outcome we did for Wrath.

What if we're aiming to replace the current legion leaders, with another.

But who could this mysterious person be. Who is capable of performing such a feat? Oh who could be so amazing, so godly, so beyond any doubt of his..

yeah its Illidan.

I honestly think their gonna do 'a twist' of having him do a Bolvar and become leader of the legion somehow, controlling all demons.
    Archimonde is perma dead. They just were too lazy to make another cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't get why people think it's weird if we blow up the planet. Chronologically our questing in Argus will come before the raid there and that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

The blue post says that Archimonde is in narrative limbo. He is either dead or alive, depending on how they want to spin it.
    Right from the devs mouth was that they intended on him being dead, they just aren't sure how to portray it to the community because the cinematic caused issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    After all, Illidan and Sargeras both have this "sacrifices must be made in order to ensure the greater good". So the lesser evil (Illidan) replaces the great one (Sargeras) by the end. Of course, Illidan is much weaker than Sargeras, and less corrupt. This new illidari legion would not be the same level of threat, but a thing that could possibly become a threat one day.
    The reason why I've been thinking this too, is because I get this feeling blizzard are aiming at trying to fizzle out the legion as the major threat to the warcraft universe, and going to try and make the void lords the main threat, that despite the legion having been the major threat from the start and it having conquered most of the known universe in warcraft, that the current writers want to remove the legion as the main threat and make something else even more of a threat, despite it not having been part of the story of warcraft at all until now.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Right from the devs mouth was that they intended on him being dead, they just aren't sure how to portray it to the community because the cinematic caused issues.
    No. the blue post from Alex said they wanted him to be dead but they didn't portray it well at all so they're still deciding if that's the route they want to go. Right now it could go either way, most likely he'll be dead but as of this moment we still don't know what they plan on doing.

The cinematic wasn't exactly the issue, it was moreso the fact we were pulled into the nether with Archi and killed him there but that was Mythic only, so anyone who doesn't watch videos and doesn't raid mythic (tons of people) had no idea we even went to the nether during that fight.

So they're still thinking about whether he's dead or not. Alex said it could go either way since they messed up the storytelling and portrayal of his death and hardly anyone knew about it (some still don't).

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    No. the blue post from Alex said they wanted him to be dead but they didn't portray it well at all so they're still deciding if that's the route they want to go. Right now it could go either way, most likely he'll be dead but as of this moment we still don't know what they plan on doing.

The cinematic wasn't exactly the issue, it was moreso the fact we were pulled into the nether with Archi and killed him there but that was Mythic only, so anyone who doesn't watch videos and doesn't raid mythic (tons of people) had no idea we even went to the nether during that fight.

So they're still thinking about whether he's dead or not. Alex said it could go either way since they messed up the storytelling and portrayal of his death and hardly anyone knew about it (some still don't).
    It literally said the intent was that he was dead. The people (like you) who want to argue he is alive are taking the part that said "because we didn't portray it, he might end up alive for all we know" not a direct quote but practically what was said. Currently the intent is 100% that he is dead until they decide otherwise and that was what was said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I had a very similar thought to the OP's.

Warning: bellow is just theory. And it's not even a good theory or a story that I'd like, it's just how I think Blizzard could possibly end Legion. It not what I'd really want to see, just pure conjecture that takes into consideration past Blizzard narratives.

I think we will push into Argus. The final raid will be about setting up a trap to destroy Sargeras (kinda like Ner'zhul destroyed Draenor, but even more powerful).

During the patch we find out WHY Sargeras made the Legion. And then Illidan goes all "the Void Lords must be stopped" and "the ends justify the means" and proceeds to go rogue and start his own Legion (he doesn't assume control over the original Legion, instead he begins to build his own demonic army, with his own twists and tactics).

Illidan is way more selfish than Sargeras. Sargeras is just going about things the wrong way. Illidan would eventually bring the Legion to Azeroth to get Tyrande for himself.