Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    It has somehow become a rotting carcass filled with nostalgicly addicted players and casuals. nothing else.
    Riiiiight just those 2 types of players and no one else. Thanks Captain Negative for your contribution.

- - - Updated - - -

There is one thing that needs to be mentioned here, it's that current wow lacks immersion.
    Toss this one into the Buzzword salad. The other acceptable word would have been 'easy'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Riiiiight just those 2 types of players and no one else. Thanks Captain Negative for your contribution.

- - - Updated - - -

Toss this one into the Buzzword salad. The other acceptable word would have been 'easy'.
    Whether it is negative or not , it is the truth. You are either a casual in this game or a semi-hardcore/hardcore living on the fledging dream that someday you will enjoy this game again the way you used to in [insert expansion name or vanilla here] without coming to terms that it never will, because if you aren't one of the nostalgic type you would not put as much effort in such a low investment/reward game.

Whether it is negative or not , it is the truth. You are either a casual in this game or a semi-hardcore/hardcore living on the fledging dream that someday you will enjoy this game again the way you used to in [insert expansion name or vanilla here] without coming to terms that it never will, because if you aren't one of the nostalgic type you would not put as much effort in such a low investment/reward game.
    Man thank god the players of this game fall under many labels and not just the ones you decide on. What the fuck is a "semi-hardcore/hardcore living on the fledging dream that someday you will enjoy this game again"? Someone can't be a heroic or mythic raider that enjoys raiding or mythic+ dungeons and that is it? But no to you it is either 'casual' or whatever the fuck you said.

You DO realize that in Vanilla there were mostly casual players right? The people that were raiding were a huge minority.

Or! Or! Or you could be semi-hardcore/hardcore player that is quite enjoying the game, more than you did in past expansions. Y'know, the type of people that throws your "pseudo-truth" out the window.

So...someone can't possible be playing the game because they ENJOY IT.

WoW you open my eyes for more Bullshit than anyone in this thread ever did.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

3.x is WOTLK everything 2.x is TBC
    I know you and logic

3.0 release date : 15/10/2008
    WOTLK release date : 13/11/2008

While 3.0 is WOTLK pre patch, it still is TBC.

One thing that people don't always talk about with regards to the skill needed for Vanilla was the lack of resources. Right now, you can google rotation, talents, gear, etc. and in about 10 minutes know exactly what you need to do 90% of the time. In Vanilla, not many people (I say not many, because I assume some were) people were simulating and figuring out stat weights and whatnot.
    A decent amount of people were doing just that actually. And there were resources for people who knew where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    "Designed that way" is putting it in too simple terms.

Lack of quests and barren zones in vanilla weren't purposeful design choises but a consequence of running out of time to deliver the game, Blizz said it themselves. They regretted it and that's why they made quests a bigger thing in expansions.

Also difficulty of some the quests had more to do with poor itemization and class design, another thing they regretted.

Classes were designed with group play in mind in vanilla. It was very common to see the reply "we don't balance classes for solo play" in the forums after ppl whined about 1V1 pvp during vanilla and TBC.

Please stop bringing wildstar up as comparison. It had too many problems not even related with its "vanilla" type design. Its gameplay for me was just gruesome and the environment itself didnt feel the slightest apealing.
    Wildstar wasn't designed according to wow vanilla design. It is the same micromanagement heavy gameplay as current wow.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-12-27 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    3.0 release date : 15/10/2008
    WOTLK release date : 13/11/2008

While 3.0 is WOTLK pre patch, it still is TBC.
    It's not. 3.0 is WotLK. So much so that every time a pre-expansion patch rolls in, even the game's login screen changes to the next expansion's screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's not. 3.0 is WotLK. So much so that every time a pre-expansion patch rolls in, even the game's login screen changes to the next expansion's screen.
    Actually, the events that led up to WotLK, including the logon screen, and pre-expansion quests are still TBC. Similarly the resource quests prior to TBC are still considered Vanilla. Some might remember .. the objective to open the Dark Portal. (God, why?, oh well). Turn in a million linen's, wool, leathers, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause this system was beaten to death in TBC and it was HORRIBLE. Do A to be able to do B so you can do C.

And why exactly was it beaten to death in TBC? (As a casual I never felt it was back then anyway but let's say it was) Was it because there was no flex sizes and people got stuck at Karazhan 10 man? Was it because there was no premade finder + CRZ so dead servers couldn't find members? Was it because attunes weren't account wide? Oh right, all problems that don't exist anymore.

Would you rather have 3 tiers of raids that are relevant or just 1, Ala WoD style.

Damn I dont see you complain that now one has to do everything till wod to play legion.
    What exactly are you talking about here? Everything outside of the current expansion being obsolete is fine, never asked otherwise.

TBH thats complete bs these days cause now people do Normal and are done lorewise the first week...
    Except for the people who don't raid normal even.

yet there is a lot more content then wod will ever have

Nobody ever said WOD was good, I know I never did. In fact, the situation with TW, Baleful, PvP gear and obsolete/trivial content was magnitudes worse in WoD then Legion. It was horribly lame for me as a casual, coming in expansion mid-way and basically all of it was obsolete.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2016-12-29 at 06:54 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    as much i like linear progression raiding tiers, the biggest problem that BC brought was guild poaching. Now this is still in the game but i BC was riddicoulous on that front.
    I remember seeing a lot of that shit in Wrath too. Hell I got poached once in MoP for a full on Heroic raiding guild. Didn't take it though. Was happy progressing at a casual pace on Heroic with my friends and having a laugh doing so. Plus I raided with those people before and way too serious for my liking.

one of the few reasons actually i want to see a blizz legacy server, wouldnt play but love to watch and observe this mechanics and how they work today
    Problem is the social aspect has changed in 12 years. You just can't restore that. Peoples attitude towards the game has changed. I just don't think an official server would bring back the attitude from 12 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Actually, the events that led up to WotLK, including the logon screen, and pre-expansion quests are still TBC. Similarly the resource quests prior to TBC are still considered Vanilla. Some might remember .. the objective to open the Dark Portal. (God, why?, oh well). Turn in a million linen's, wool, leathers, etc.
    The moment the first digit on a patch number changes, it changes expansion. 2.x is BC, 3.x is WotLK, 4.x is Cataclysm, and so on and so forth. I mean, just watch the Blizzard videos of when they announce new expansions. They explain such features as if they belong to those future expansions, not the current ones.

The moment the first digit on a patch number changes, it changes expansion. 2.x is BC, 3.x is WotLK, 4.x is Cataclysm, and so on and so forth. I mean, just watch the Blizzard videos of when they announce new expansions. They explain such features as if they belong to those future expansions, not the current ones.
    Except fans decide this, Blizzard does not.

I think it is pretty much accepted that the expansion 'starts' on the day the boxes/downloads are useable. Yes the patches bringing in new things happen like a month or so prior to the expansion, but most people would consider that still part of whatever prior expansion. I mean I don't think it REALLY matters in the long run.

Example: Wrath launched Nov 13th 2008. On October 15, 2008, Patch 3.0.2, titled 'Wrath of the Lich King' was put out. To me WotLK started on Nov 13th and not Oct 15th.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2016-12-28 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Except fans decide this, Blizzard does not.
    Um... no. No, they don't. Blizzard does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I think it is pretty much accepted that the expansion 'starts' on the day the boxes/downloads are useable. Yes the patches bringing in new things happen like a month or so prior to the expansion, but most people would consider that still part of whatever expansion. I mean I don't think it REALLY matters in the long run.
    What, are you going to say that the Warlords of Draenor expansion introduced the Demon Hunters, then?

Um... no. No, they don't. Blizzard does.

- - - Updated - - -

What, are you going to say that the Warlords of Draenor expansion introduced the Demon Hunters, then?
    To me those are part of Legion, yes we could use them early in WoD but I wouldn't consider DH's really a part of WoD. I mean it is really just nitpicking and I don't really see how it matters how we classify it one way or the other.

blizz said original game could not be redone, and some came along and brought it back on a private server.....it did well until blizz shutdown the classic private server, blizz gave usual blue lip talk, said they would look into it etc. had a meeting with the DEVs (some i guess that once worked for blizz) of the private server, maybe make a server where it's harder to level which would not still be classic.

NOTHING HAPPENED!

Blizzard never said they couldn't release Legacy realms. The question around releasing Legacy realms was always "should we" not "could we".

Also, accurately reproducing patch progression from 1.0 to 1.12 is likely impossible, even for Blizzard, as documentation for that era is very poor. Blizzard could implement a 1.12 "frozen state" server, or they could custom-tune content on 1.12 in order to present a more reasonable approximation of the original patch tuning, or some other approach.

For the record, the "pre-expansion" content is officially part of the subsequent expansion, and would not be included on something like a "frozen state" Legacy realm, although presumably you would run the pre-expansion patch at some point on a Legacy realm of another type.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    blizz said original game could not be redone, and some came along and brought it back on a private server.....it did well until blizz shutdown the classic private server, blizz gave usual blue lip talk, said they would look into it etc. had a meeting with the DEVs (some i guess that once worked for blizz) of the private server, maybe make a server where it's harder to level which would not still be classic.

NOTHING HAPPENED!
    Considering the backlash over the Pristine Realm idea I doubt that will ever happen.

I think one of the prime reasons blizzard is not because of progression (even if not 100 % documented, who is gonna recreate it more accurate then blizz<?) but because how broken vanilla is in some regards.

Most people dont read forums and stuff, even if blizzard would put a red exclamation mark next to legacy servers there would be like a fountain of complaints ala " why i cant play protection paladin fix your shit blizzard" lol
    Onde of the premisses of playing a legacy server is that you're playing a stale version of the game. To Play it, knowing what a given classe can And can't do for a given number of patches and then complain about it it's stupid to say the least. The vast manority of the croud playing on those servers know what to expect André are fine about it