Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Netanyahu threatened New Zealand; called UN resolution "declaration of war"

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly called New Zealand’s foreign minister before last week’s United Nations vote on the settlements and threatened that “Your actions are a declaration of war,” according to a new Haaretz report. New Zealand—along with Senegal, Malaysia, and Venezuela—led a move to resubmit for a vote on a resolution condemning Israeli settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. A few hours before Netanyahu’s last-ditch effort to prevent the vote, a senior Israeli foreign ministry official in Jerusalem called New Zealand’s ambassador to Israel “and warned that if New Zealand’s move came to a vote, Israel might close its embassy in Wellington in protest,” Haaretz additionally reported.
    http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.761706

Israel sure knows how to make friends. Netanyahu is a piece of garbage.

Oh no! What will New Zealand do without an Israeli embassy?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oh no! What will New Zealand do without an Israeli embassy?
    If NZ is treated anything like the US? Probably save a few million US Dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel seems to be content on kicking and screaming when they should probably be focused on moving people out of the region.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post

Saying you intend to force Jews to not live in the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem, where they have lived for over a thousand years is deeply offensive.

It's outrageous that after 8 years, Obama orchestrates a cheap shot like this in his last month in office. It's extremely unprecedented for a lame duck to do stuff like this. Bush Sr made sure to get permission from incoming Bill Clinton before he took military action in Somalia. This is a classless move.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-12-28 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Saying you intend to force Jews to not live in the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem, where they have lived for over a thousand years is deeply offensive.
    Man, you need to tell me how to get a hold of whatever they're taking to live for over a thousand years. This must be humanity's best kept secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Man, you need to tell me how to get a hold of whatever they're taking to live for over a thousand years. This must be humanity's best kept secret.
    Well, for three easy payments of $19.99, I can show you.

It's outrageous that after 8 years, Obama orchestrates a cheap shot like this in his last month in office. It's extremely unprecedented for a lame duck to do stuff like this. Bush Sr made sure to get permission from incoming Bill Clinton before he took military action in Somalia. This is a classless move.
    like it or not. Israel controls HUGE part of our foreign policy. While I do not like Obama, I would like to see U.S. be free of Israeli control. We should be soverign nation, we should decide policies, not get decided by traitorous senators and jewish lobby.

Them inciting war may not be the wisest idea .................................. for them.

Netanyahu's paranoia is doing serious damage to his country.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    like it or not. Israel controls HUGE part of our foreign policy. While I do not like Obama, I would like to see U.S. be free of Israeli control. We should be soverign nation, we should decide policies, not get decided by traitorous senators and jewish lobby.

Uh, what? We protect them, not the other way around. Without our support, the UN would march them in to the sea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for three easy payments of $19.99, I can show you.
    Does this offer come with a happy ending?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Does this offer come with a happy ending?
    It's even got a happy start.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's even got a happy start.
    Do you accept EBT?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I find this kinda funny. Anyone remember the time New Zealand caught Mossad agents trying to forge New Zealand passports? I feel like we need to be reminding Israel of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Netanyahu is a piece of garbage.
    That is known since his rhetoric indirectly caused the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin, and lead to him becoming prime minister. Had Rabin not been killed, Netanyahu would have never made such political career.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Uh, what? We protect them, not the other way around. Without our support, the UN would march them in to the sea.
    That's what artemishunter1 is saying; we protect them yet they have a vastly disproportionate influence on our politics. Not to mention the thankless billions of dollars they receive annually in our taxpayer money. For Netanyahu to think they call the shots shows his naivety - don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Do you accept EBT?
    Cash only; exact change. Tips accepted.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what artemishunter1 is saying; we protect them yet they have a vastly disproportionate influence on our politics. Not to mention the thankless billions of dollars they receive annually in our taxpayer money. For Netanyahu to think they call the shots shows his naivety - don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    I think you can feed a dog without kicking it. Circumventing their own role in their own destiny, in some kind of back alley deal with their enemies, is just douche baggery, no matter how you spin it. It's pretty amazing that Obama would do this really. This is certainly not his reputation, even among his worst critics.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lel, Israelis think people actually care enough about them to be worried about calling them out on their shit.

Yeah, cause voting on a resolution to admonish an ally isn't a POS move?
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek