I have a question about this legendary for ENH:

http://www.wowdb.com/items/137103-storm-tempests

I got these on my Shaman alt BUT I have a stupid question that I just want to clarify:

The damage ONLY ticks when theirs at least 2 mobs, correct? So if I use Stormstrike on ONE mob it won't do the zap effect, so it's pretty much like a "passive incentive" if I'm doing Mythic+/cleave because I'd use Stormstrike anyway, correct?

tl;dr the legendary won't damage only 1 mob so it's as if I didn't have it UNLESS theirs 2 or more?

Thanks in advance

not sure about the one mob but it premotes swapping to other targets in range and stormstriking them to get multiple effects going at once

Quote Originally Posted by Team View Post

I got these on my Shaman alt BUT I have a stupid question that I just want to clarify:

The damage ONLY ticks when theirs at least 2 mobs, correct? So if I use Stormstrike on ONE mob it won't do the zap effect, so it's pretty much like a "passive incentive" if I'm doing Mythic+/cleave because I'd use Stormstrike anyway, correct?

tl;dr the legendary won't damage only 1 mob so it's as if I didn't have it UNLESS theirs 2 or more?

Thanks in advance
    When you Stormstrike a mob, it get a debuff that makes an lightining strike another random mob near it, even if its on only one mob the debuff is still applied (even though if there is not other mob it won't do anything), you also can sort of multidot it to make each target with a debuff shoot its own lightning.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Thanks in advance
    Works like Lavindar explained. Its like a Dot that works on everything around the target hit and not on the target itself. If you have a lot of targets, try to spread the debuff as much as possible for maximum effect. Other than that, its pretty much useless on pure singletarget fights.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Works like Lavindar explained. Its like a Dot that works on everything around the target hit and not on the target itself. If you have a lot of targets, try to spread the debuff as much as possible for maximum effect. Other than that, its pretty much useless on pure singletarget fights.
    Cheers that's all I needed to know!

Thanks all three of you, OP, @Lavindar and @Tanksin the enhance shame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Have you actually played with Rockbiter? Like, that's the main issue I have.
    A lot of people seem to be labouring under the impression that with Rockbiter, you have to spend time generating Maelstrom before you can hit your buttons, and it's simply not true. The gameplay style of using Boulderfist or Rockbiter, on live servers, is barely different.
    A bit late to this party, but wanted to throw in my 2c.
    Rockbiter is definitely not bad, and does not significantly affect your rotation, however, it had a massive QoL issue for most people - you needed to spec 2 gcds on it before you could put up frostbrand on pull.

The change to 20 maelstrom makes it perfect imo.

Theory craft questions!
    If Hot Hand becomes viable, will we want to spec from Hailstorm to AS for the improved synergy?

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    Theory craft questions!
    If Hot Hand becomes viable, will we want to spec from Hailstorm to AS for the improved synergy?
    If Hot Hand becomes viable then you would want to be using Aikanu's, the legendary that buffs Lava Lash. The legendary effect is only active if you have both Frostbrand and Flametongue active, which basically mandates that you take Hailstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If Hot Hand becomes viable then you would want to be using Aikanu's, the legendary that buffs Lava Lash. The legendary effect is only active if you have both Frostbrand and Flametongue active, which basically mandates that you take Hailstorm
    What if you don't have Akainu's, because you're a miserable sod who is 0/2 on DPS increase legendaries?

(yes im salty)

It's questionable but my guess would be no, at the moment it's very hard to do any sort of theory crafting regarding what we are going to use next patch because they keep changing things around. Hopefully the next ptr patch notes should make things alot more clearer as we get closer to Patch 7.1.5 which should be in a couple of weeks

Hy guys i did my first tries in Helya with Windosng, and this is the log of the Kill https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&source=108
    Not bad
    but i miss the 5% of BF

so i got an 865 ursoc trinket with the agi and haste proc and a 875 cenarius trinket, in mythic keystones i will get more procs from the ursoc trinket because things go down to low health very quickly but the trinket proc from cenarius trinket can bring my mastery over 90% if im lucky enough to get mastery. would the more procs from ursoc trinket give it an edge over the higher item level cen trinket?

Cenarius' trinket is one of the worst in the game, and BTI one of the best. The Ursoc trinket would probably be better even if it were 30 item levels lower.

Just got this on my alt Enh Shaman:

http://www.wowdb.com/items/137084-ak...solute-justice

Should I be sad? As I'll now have to use Frostbrand (I never use it)?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got this on my alt Enh Shaman:

http://www.wowdb.com/items/137084-ak...solute-justice

Should I be sad? As I'll now have to use Frostbrand (I never use it)?

Thanks.
    Why are you not using Frostbrand?

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Why are you not using Frostbrand?
    Isn't that only good with the Hailstorm talent? I have Ancestral Swiftness and this character can only use 1 legendary atm. I have the Storm Tempests legendary and I do Mythic+ so I figured that's better until I can use both?

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Im not 100% sure but I think maintaining frostbrand buff is part of the rotation regardless of talents, talents just makes it higher priority but you still want the buff.
    FML. Fucking Icy Veins lmao. Thanks guys TIL.

So I'm guessing that talent is a must have with Akain's Absolute Justice? That 10% Ancestral Swiftness was so sweet to me :s. Thanks,

15% Haste as ilvl 861 without Ancestral Swiftness, that's super shitty I'm assuming?

FML. Fucking Icy Veins lmao. Thanks guys TIL.

So I'm guessing that talent is a must have with Akain's Absolute Justice? That 10% Ancestral Swiftness was so sweet to me :s. Thanks,

15% Haste as ilvl 861 without Ancestral Swiftness, that's super shitty I'm assuming?
    What do you mean, "fucking icy veins"?

This guy is flat out wrong, Frostbrand only exists in the rotation if you have Hailstorm, otherwise it is non existant, and why he is implying it should be there is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    What do you mean, "fucking icy veins"?

This guy is flat out wrong, Frostbrand only exists in the rotation if you have Hailstorm, otherwise it is non existant, and why he is implying it should be there is anyone's guess.
    Okay thanks. So with this legendary, Hailstorm Talent is pretty much mandatory but without it, it's not AND you shouldn't use Frostbrand at all if you don't have Hailstorm/that legendary?

Look at Frostbrand's tooltip without Hailstorm talented and you can answer that question for yourself.