Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosoulsu View Post
    Seriously, so much negativity. If you actually don't care about this, why post? Let people who do care have this thread without your post-League of Legends online toxicity shitting it up.
    TBH, this case is kinda special, cuz it's not the first time they quit, and I bet not the last one either. They quit, then they come back, and say that they will dominate raiding scene, etc, etc, but then they fail to stay or even become relevant, and then they quit again. Rinse, repeat.

Seriously, so much negativity. If you actually don't care about this, why post? Let people who do care have this thread without your post-League of Legends online toxicity shitting it up.

- - - Updated - - -

You're on a forum about a videogame that's become synonymous with nerdyness saying people shouldn't care about a group of people who have been around since the start of that game 11 years ago. Let people enjoy what they enjoy even if you don't personally enjoy it.

Why bust in with the unnecessary negativity, and do a cute lil disingenuous smiley while you're at it?

Fuck off, cunt.
    I do love the irony. Only a small fraction of players even come to this site let alone post, and here this guy is taking time out of his day to make smart ass comments about a guild that defined what this game meant for a lot of older players. They were the benchmark for success in WoW. But yea, who cares. Obviously it doesn't have any real life implications, but as if that ever needs to be said? So what, just another edge lord I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

You're on a forum about a videogame that's become synonymous with nerdyness saying people shouldn't care about a group of people who have been around since the start of that game 11 years ago. Let people enjoy what they enjoy even if you don't personally enjoy it.

Why bust in with the unnecessary negativity, and do a cute lil disingenuous smiley while you're at it?

Fuck off, cunt.
    feed me with urr anger

more more seriusly - your on stage 2 of acceptance - anger - just 3 more stages before you will agree with me

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-12-28 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    TBH, this case is kinda special, cuz it's not the first time they quit, and I bet not the last one either. They quit, then they come back, and say that they will dominate raiding scene, etc, etc, but then they fail to stay or even become relevant, and then they quit again. Rinse, repeat.
    I mean they were world 26 Xavius kill. Not exactly shit.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck off, cunt.
    Becasue a lot of this forum users are tired of watching threads on threads talking about how much Legion is shit with all kind of pretesteous argument (and this one is not hidden very well). I mean soon we will see:"I hit the wall with my car and i am in hospital right now. This is all Legion fault, if it was a good expansion, i cuold stay home plaing it instead of driving".

My example is a bti extreme, but you got the point.

This is not a Nihilum talk thread, but another Legion suck thread.

Is this all based on a twitter one-liner? It's rather common that high ranking guilds stop raiding between raid releases. And even if they stop, meh, never been a fan of kungen.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    I mean they were world 26 Xavius kill. Not exactly shit.
    Good for them.

But not so many people who are interesting in WF race care about anything, but top 1-3 guilds, and, if they themselves are hardcore raiders, they also care about their own placement. That's why you often hear things like "we are world top 100, 250, 500, 741, 1000, etc guild". Normally only fans, and guild members care about such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Is this all based on a twitter one-liner? It's rather common that high ranking guilds stop raiding between raid releases. And even if they stop, meh, never been a fan of kungen.
    Kungen isnt part of the guild anymore, he turned it over to Trekkie and the other guys along time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    RIP Nihi LUL meme

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyGuysHello View Post
    Just bring back 10-man. It was a WoD mistake.
    Yeah this.

I don't understand why Blizzard sticks around with this 20-man idea. Sure it's more fun to be in a 20-man raid but it's just hard to fill the roster with good and reliable people. It's somewhat easier to maintain a 10-man group than 20.

Cool let me know when they come back again and then proceed to carry Kungen like they usually do.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-28 at 09:43 AM.

Seriously, so much negativity. If you actually don't care about this, why post? Let people who do care have this thread without your post-League of Legends online toxicity shitting it up.- - - Updated - - -
    I direct you to read the OP which states: "I guess they said they couldn't keep up with all the people leaving the game and finding replacements for them.".

A negative OP will engender negative replies, wouldn't you agree?

A lot of the "negative" replies here are actually attacking the attempt that the OP is trying to make to link a "top guild" stopping raiding with people leaving WoW. It's a tired, old argument, and one that is much less significant if the guild breaking up is not top tier any more.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    truth is very often sad and harsh - thats called life.

because neither what i , nor what you or nihilum done in game really matters for anyone then them - its jsut a game - you may get rush from doin mythic raids i get rush from doin lfr or dinging N-alt to 110 - but in large sscheme of things neither matters
    you get rush from doing LFR? and u are saying all of those world first and hard work means nothing? because u cannot pass LFR?
    and neither of these things matter because its a video game? while u have 5k posts on a video game thread !i guess you " care " alot but u cannot just succeed like them, so u are downgrading them. with that sarcastic smiley face

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saluun View Post
    Yeah this.

I don't understand why Blizzard sticks around with this 20-man idea. Sure it's more fun to be in a 20-man raid but it's just hard to fill the roster with good and reliable people. It's somewhat easier to maintain a 10-man group than 20.
    10man is a bit small for amount of specs we have now.... dont u think?
    Last edited by exor37; 2016-12-28 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    I direct you to read the OP which states: "I guess they said they couldn't keep up with all the people leaving the game and finding replacements for them.".

A negative OP will engender negative replies, wouldn't you agree?

A lot of the "negative" replies here are actually attacking the attempt that the OP is trying to make to link a "top guild" stopping raiding with people leaving WoW. It's a tired, old argument, and one that is much less significant if the guild breaking up is not top tier any more.
    How was my post being negative? This is why they said they stopped raiding. I didn't draw any conclusions from it other than what people have already stated. Sure, Nihilum isn't as relevant as they used to be, but I still thought it was worthy of a thread since I didn't see one on here yet. Again, I don't think it was a negative post. There are just a few lurkers around here that don't know how to post anything constructive, they just like to flame and criticize people for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Trapped; 2016-12-28 at 09:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so some random guild that achieved nothing quit game and we should care because ?
    When they were called Ensidia, they achieved Algalon world first, which was for me the most interesting and exciting raiding boss in the game. People who raided back then will care and will remember them, while your name will be never even be remembered.

They just aren't good enough to compete. With the amount of time they raid, their results are pretty pathetic, no offense. They just don't have the skill and game knowledge to compete on the level they aimed for.

"the wow pop is slowly decreasing" well no shit. The game is like 13 years old ? Obv people are going to leave (newsflash : they grow older, life stuff happens etc). And the new generation has a lot of games to play.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Legion is crushing lot of "top guilds" (i.e. the progression guilds in the top 50-100 bracket). They're the ones who are putting in long hours in raiding and grinding, but don't really have means (economical or the quality of the players) to support it, so they're trying to "brute force" it. Many people in the absolute top (Method, Serenity etc) are part/fulltime streamers who don't do much else but play videogames - for them all the grinding is probably just a nuisance, but the people lower back on the ladder are burning out trying to make the requirements with billion split raids, endless Maw of Souls M+ runs and the stress of not getting right legendaries.

The game is pretty damn hardcore on that level. It's not for everyone (in fact, it's for *extremely* small amount of people). I think Blizzard probably needs to think about the whole "competitive raiding scene".. but who knows, maybe they've got plans to make it into some kind of "eSports" event, like they seem to be doing with the rest of their games. In that case it makes sense to only have the top 20 or so "superstars" and fuck the rest.

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    it's not exactly a one-liner.. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spfqhm
    And Kungen hasn't been in charge for a long time.. he just pops up every now and then and makes a lot of ruckus about something.. and then "quits" again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not an ironic post:

Honestly, I feel a little bummed - the guild is legendary after all. I remember them on my realm for a while and then conquering the scene from Magtheridon-EU, hell of a history.

The salt in this thread is unbearable though, so much sadness and envy

When I see guilds breaking up due to simple lack of recruitment options at the start of expansions I always feel so sad for the officers/gms. They put in hard work to keep a guild going, probably done so for years, only to recruit unloyal/non-dedicated players that consume content and leave whenever they feel like it without giving a single shit.

People fail to understand that WoW and raiding is about communities, playing together, and that it requires effort and a certain degree of dedication to keep things going. The fact that 90% of the WoW population doesn't understand this anymore makes managing guilds a very frustrating and unrewarding job these days. Imo officers/GMs deserve far more credit then they are getting.