Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    So far I think he really doesn't care about the whole situation, unless sylvanas would have enslaved Eyir in that occasion in that case surely he will be piss out, but like never happened he doesn't need to do anything about her and since the legion is invading he would only focus in that matter,
    I am not even sure about that, as long as Sylvanas wouldn't have directly helped Helya afterwards by joining her forces for example, Odyn can create a new Val'kyr Queen after all, he did it twice now. Odyn is ultimately a wild card in all of this.

maybe in the 7.2 we are gonna see what he think about the horde and alliance and if he plans to blackmail them to gain new soldiers in his valajar army
    Odyn does not blackmail, he just takes the ones he likes and they will serve his army one way or another. Helya comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I am not even sure about that, as long as Sylvanas wouldn't have directly helped Helya afterwards by joining her forces for example, Odyn can create a new Val'kyr Queen after all, he did it twice now. Odyn is ultimately a wild card in all of this.
    We don't know how much time would take for him to do that maybe 1000 years or more and with a invasion of demons right now, he don't have that much time

Odyn does not blackmail, he just takes the ones he likes and they will serve his army one way or another. Helya comes to mind.
    I think he learn the lesson of using this kind of methods and now he is more in the subtle thing like: Hey I am a nice guy join me and I would give powerful shiny things to fight your enemies, just do some task for me ok?. Also the fear of new revolt against the forsaken and Greymane being imprisoned for do a unprovoked attack against the fleet of the warchief is more than enough reason to get those two in line.

We don't know how much time would take for him to do that maybe 1000 years or more and with a invasion of demons right now, he don't have that much time
    It is very doubtful it takes that much time to create a new Val'kyr queen, they are just another type of undead. Arthas for example spawned them left and right back in Wotlk.

I think he learn the lesson of using this kind of methods and now he is more in the subtle thing like: Hey I am a nice guy join me and I would give powerful shiny things to fight your enemies, just do some task for me ok?. Also the fear of new revolt against the forsaken and Greymane being imprisoned for do a unprovoked attack against the fleet of the warchief is more than enough reason to get those two in line.
    Odyn is a Titan keeper and as such the opinion of mere mortals means little to him. He still considers Helya a traitor and never understood why she rebelled against him in the first place, which is a very good indication of what he thinks of the matter, by not giving a damn about her motivations.

Not to mention he does it to Ymmiron

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Ymiron%27s_Broken_Blade

Hero:"King Ymiron has been defeated. He fought fiercely."
    Odyn:"That was to be expected. Ymiron was a cruel and evil ruler, but he always did fight with great ferocity."

Hero:"I want him to join our army."

Odyn:"Absolutely out of the question.
    King Ymiron betrayed his people and doomed them to a cursed existence.
    He might've died while fighting valiantly but I abhor him and the feeling is mutual."

Hero: "That may be, but what better punishment than to force him to serve you for the rest of time?"
    <Odyn laughs a deep booming laugh.>
    Odyn:"You are a devious one, <name>. You are right, that would amuse me. Let it be done!"
    Hero: "Thank you."
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-12-26 at 04:14 AM.

Honestly think Eyir'd be more worried than Sylvanas. No glory for the Valarjar or for Odyn in his highest Val'kyr having been caught with her pants down in a trap wielded by a (relatively) mortal.

It is very doubtful it takes that much time to create a new Val'kyr queen, they are just another type of undead. Arthas for example spawned them left and right back in Wotlk.
    Well Eyir don't seem like any random valkyr in the halls of valor and the wowpedia say she is a titan construct, for some reason the "queen" of the valkyr seen to be a titan construct, maybe just to raise the woman as valkir and Odyn is lazy in that or maybe there is another reason that we don't know yet.

Odyn is a Titan keeper and as such the opinion of mere mortals means little to him. He still considers Helya a traitor and never understood why she rebelled against him in the first place, which is a very good indication of what he thinks of the matter, by not giving a damn about her motivations.

Not to mention he does it to Ymmiron

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Ymiron%27s_Broken_Blade

Hero:"King Ymiron has been defeated. He fought fiercely."
    Odyn:"That was to be expected. Ymiron was a cruel and evil ruler, but he always did fight with great ferocity."

Hero:"I want him to join our army."

Odyn:"Absolutely out of the question.
    King Ymiron betrayed his people and doomed them to a cursed existence.
    He might've died while fighting valiantly but I abhor him and the feeling is mutual."

Hero: "That may be, but what better punishment than to force him to serve you for the rest of time?"
    <Odyn laughs a deep booming laugh.>
    Odyn:"You are a devious one, <name>. You are right, that would amuse me. Let it be done!"
    Hero: "Thank you."
    But Ymiron is not important in any society outside of his now extinct clan, I am pretty sure he knows well the horde and the alliance and some deeds, he even tell you he has been watching you since a good amount of time so he must know how powerful are the mortals in this age, and about Helya is clear that he knows he did the wrong thing but don't want to admit it like any arrogant man(trait that looks like he still have it) but don't want to repeat the same mistake and enslaving people against his will unless is some jerk that dommed his people

Well Eyir don't seem like any random valkyr in the halls of valor and the wowpedia say she is a titan construct, for some reason the "queen" of the valkyr seen to be a titan construct, maybe just to raise the woman as valkir and Odyn is lazy in that or maybe there is another reason that we don't know yet.
    Eyir really is nothing that special , she might be classified as a Titan construct but ultimately she isn't one. She was made by either Odyn or Helya, after all Helya was the very first val'kyr created by Odyn and had her job for a very long time until she rebelled and Eyir took her place.

But Ymiron is not important in any society outside of his now extinct clan, I am pretty sure he knows well the horde and the alliance and some deeds, he even tell you he has been watching you since a good amount of time so he must know how powerful are the mortals in this age, and about Helya is clear that he knows he did the wrong thing but don't want to admit it like any arrogant man(trait that looks like he still have it) but don't want to repeat the same mistake and enslaving people against his will unless is some jerk that dommed his people
    That doesn't change anything, forcing Ymmiron to serve him for all eternity amuses him and this is the main reason he goes along with the idea. He is the lich king lite version, far more benevolent, but ultimately a bastard. Heck he even kills priests if they mock him for his imprisonment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-bu0VIu1kU

There are currently three major factions out there who enslave others to serve them in undeath the scourge under Bolvar, Helya and the Kval'dir and Odyn with his valajar.

And the forsaken are walking a very thin line as well.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2016-12-26 at 04:50 AM.

Deleted
    Eyir is literally a lesser Helya. All Odyn would do is facepalm and caress his neck beard.

You don't kill any valajar permanently there, the val'kyr will resurrect them again or Odyn(see the quest about the king Ymiron), so this is more like a sparring time which iron dudes ends up being unconscious
    Well, there is a reason why the trash has 'dead' status, Hymdall ends fight at 10% and Hyrja eds up being unconcious.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Well, there is a reason why the trash has 'dead' status, Hymdall ends fight at 10% and Hyrja eds up being unconcious.
    The whole point of the Val'kyr is to keep resurrecting the fallen.

Those valarjar probably cheered after being resurrected. And then got drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Odyn can cast mass ress to all his valajar or put their soul in irons body, just look trial of valor raid which have a lot of this guys in the old metal body they were originally

Eyir really is nothing that special , she might be classified as a Titan construct but ultimately she isn't one. She was made by either Odyn or Helya, after all Helya was the very first val'kyr created by Odyn and had her job for a very long time until she rebelled and Eyir took her place.
    We have never witness the power of Eyir, the only thing we know about her is both Odyn and Helya are more powerful than her(and I have the theory that Helya in the trial of valor have the same power levels of Odyn since she was freed by Loken)

That doesn't change anything, forcing Ymmiron to serve him for all eternity amuses him and this is the main reason he goes along with the idea. He is the lich king lite version, far more benevolent, but ultimately a bastard. Heck he even kills priests if they mock him for his imprisonment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-bu0VIu1kU
    There are currently three major factions out there who enslave others to serve them in undeath the scourge under Bolvar, Helya and the Kval'dir and Odyn with his valajar.

And the forsaken are walking a very thin line as well.
    Odyn have only resurrected Ymiron as a punishment and only because you insist him a lot(the amusement of this idea in him is just a bonus). Even in the past the only victims of his army were Helya and some female vrykul who were transformed but the rest of the people by his own free will choose that path, even the first Valajar Champion was a fanatic of Odyn and many vrykuls even to this days they still choose the heaven that Odyn offers

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Odyn have only resurrected Ymiron as a punishment and only because you insist him a lot(the amusement of this idea in him is just a bonus). Even in the past the only victims of his army were Helya and some female vrykul who were transformed but the rest of the people by his own free will choose that path, even the first Valajar Champion was a fanatic of Odyn and many vrykuls even to this days they still choose the heaven that Odyn offers
    You should really read the chronicle no one wanted to be an undead in his army for a long time it took years of him screaming valor at the vrykul for them to think it was a good idea. In the beginning he was just forcing people to join him just as he did with heyla and the val'kyr

The fact that he still finds it amusing to enslave people in undeath, kills shadow priests if they ask about his chains, and still doesn't understand why helya betrayed him shows he's not the benevolent titan construct grandpa people try to make him out to be and still fucking insane which leads back to the original question. He would probably think it's funny what sylvanas did and then just upgrade another random valkyr into the queen
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2016-12-26 at 06:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Script is the same for both factions and doesn't even change with a warrior in the group like the boss in DHT. makes it stupid.
    Yeahh I was pretty disappointed by the lack of change per faction. I like to level on both sides to see the whole story.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The entirety of the Vrykul were once against this idea, only after generations of influencing their culture did that change and after those most outspoken against the idea were killed by him and raised into servitude. He reformed the entire Vrykul culture into a cult of the damned so to speak. Odyn is a shady bastard, who ultimately only does what he wants and those who stand in his way are crushed.

- - - Updated - - -

We have never witness the power of Eyir
    We don't need to witness her power to know, that she is simply a creation of either Odyn or Helya. Her purpose is simply to create new Val'kyr and herd in souls for Odyn, so that he can sit on his throne and doesn't have to do it himself. So again she isn't something overly special, if she would be slain for example, Odyn can just replace her.

This is shaping up to be the Cho'gall/void forgotten relatively major plot line of Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    This is shaping up to be the Cho'gall/void forgotten relatively major plot line of Legion.
    We're a partial patch into the expansion. I'd say it's a bit to early to even assume that.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    We're a partial patch into the expansion. I'd say it's a bit to early to even assume that.
    Sure there's lots of story to come but how Blizzard normally works is concentrate each patch on a single plot line and central story. And at the moment I just dont see where you fit it in when 7.2 is Tomb of Sargeras and 7.3 is Argus. We are about to go full throttle on the Burning Legion.

Only place I could see it being stuck in would be 7.2.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Why stop at Val'kyr if he's going to help them? Why not ask for new stormforged bodies for all the forsaken that never rot and decay?

The entirety of the Vrykul were once against this idea, only after generations of influencing their culture did that change and after those most outspoken against the idea were killed by him and raised into servitude. He reformed the entire Vrykul culture into a cult of the damned so to speak. Odyn is a shady bastard, who ultimately only does what he wants and those who stand in his way are crushed.
    He never killed anyone who opposed him(except Helya long ago but right now it seen he was raid but his methods were very bad), the vrykuls that were killed for investigating about the whole story between Helya and Odyn they were murdered by Kvaldir loyals to Helya which is telling something happend between the time of odyn imprisonment and helya creating her army and why she cannot leave her recent created realm and she don't want anyone knows that for some reason, he is not some lich king, just a dude who offer the vrykul become metal men once again but they have to prove they are worthy of join the valajar, the whole necromancy is unnatural thing and have 0 relation with the evolution of the species involded

We don't need to witness her power to know, that she is simply a creation of either Odyn or Helya. Her purpose is simply to create new Val'kyr and herd in souls for Odyn, so that he can sit on his throne and doesn't have to do it himself. So again she isn't something overly special, if she would be slain for example, Odyn can just replace her.
    For some reason she is not in the trial of valor as a test subject for Odyn, so at least is important since we don't know how many time need odyn to create a queen valkyr or when he do that, he must give some portion of his power to than entity to be strong enough to navigate in the realm of shadows and raise valkyrs

He never killed anyone who opposed him(except Helya long ago but right now it seen he was raid but his methods were very bad), the vrykuls that were killed for investigating about the whole story between Helya and Odyn they were murdered by Kvaldir loyals to Helya which is telling something happend between the time of odyn imprisonment and helya creating her army and why she cannot leave her recent created realm and she don't want anyone knows that for some reason, he is not some lich king, just a dude who offer the vrykul become metal men once again but they have to prove they are worthy of join the valajar, the whole necromancy is unnatural thing and have 0 relation with the evolution of the species involded
    It was not only Helya, she was merely the first, in the very beginning the Vrykul did not want to join his army. He brainwashed the entire race over the centuries and it is precisely why so many rebelled against him, when loken offered them a way out. Which led to the creation of helheim and the formation of the spirit healers and again he enslaved someone as punishment for all eternity, so yeah Odyn at the end of day is as rotten as Bolvar and Sylvanas.

Where is it mentioned Helya sends out Kvaldir to specifically kill Vrykul for trying to figure out Odyn betrayed her and condemned her to undeath?

For some reason she is not in the trial of valor as a test subject for Odyn, so at least is important since we don't know how many time need odyn to create a queen valkyr or when he do that, he must give some portion of his power to than entity to be strong enough to navigate in the realm of shadows and raise valkyrs
    Considering even ordinary Val'kyr can spawn lesser ones, with the ability to resurrect that seems extremely unlikely. It seems to depend far more on how powerful an individual had been in life, which is why Helya is so strong.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Why stop at Val'kyr if he's going to help them? Why not ask for new stormforged bodies for all the forsaken that never rot and decay?
    Why should he help them? It is all about Valor and strength for him and the vast majority of the forsaken wouldn't meet those standards. Ultimately Odyn does what he wants the consequences be damned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Odyn is probably my least favorite character in legion. He's just a douche, Why are we even helping him again?

I'd rather side with Helya, who's hate is justified.
    Both Helya and Odyn are untrustworthy for mortals. Helya became even worse than Odyn because of the whole ordeal. Ultimately the mortal races of Azeroth should be prepared to kill him and his army if need be.