Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It doesn't contribute much, no. It doesn't take that long, either, though.

And here I am as a mage already looted 5 legendaries out of the possible 8 on fire, and no f***** wrist, i would gladly change all 5 for the wrist. Now based on the calculation which doesnt even mention 5 lego > 6 lego I think I'll loot the wrist about NEVER, or if they f*** up the fire spec (as they already did on ptr), i have to play arcane without the kilt or wrist, and yet based on the calculations i have FAR LESS chance to aquire the new ones including the HAT which gives 2 evocation charge. What a great system we live in.

Hmm.. I got my 2nd and 3rd LG within 48 hrs of eachother, but now its been like 2 months and no 4th legendary. And according to the calc im over 2000 KP from where the 4th LG is estimated to be at. (MLG MoS Spammer here)
    Last edited by Bonkaz; 2016-12-24 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    I'm not afking in Dalaran. I'm working on part one of the flying achievement. Apparently, that doesn't generate a legendary.
    So literally you're not doing content that does grant you legendary but you're still crying that you're not getting legendaries. WELL DONE. WELL DONE

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkaz View Post
    Hmm.. I got my 2nd and 3rd LG within 48 hrs of eachother, but now its been like 2 months and no 4th legendary. And according to the calc im over 2000 KP from where the 4th LG is estimated to be at. (MLG MoS Spammer here)
    Pls remember that there was softcap which means BLP was not proccing for players that had multiple legendaries. What ever softcap started at 3rd or 4th we cannot be exactly sure. Would not be suprise that content you cleared before softcap is not relevant at all

Scraped my main toon last week it has 53 days played, 46 traits and 5 worthless legendaries. My new plan is to keep re rolling alts until one happens to get BIS legndaries on initial 1-2 drops. I know it sounds crazy but it's actually more efficient than grinding into ridiculously harsh diminishing returns. If I kept grinding on main my 6th legendary would take me 4-5 months to drop with a 20% chance of it being good. Fuck that! Without specific legendaries my spec is simply unplayable in a competitive environment. Also with new alt catch up system (instant 20AK) it will be easy to grind out traits. More importantly grinding will feel good knowing I have the BIS legenadires required to play my spec.

Already got first alt to 110 only took my 2 days of not really trying. Got my first legendary within 24 hours of hitting 110 and it's BIS! So with less than 24 hours played at 110 , I'm already ahead of my main toon that has 53 days played!!!
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-12-25 at 04:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Scraped my main toon last week it has 53 days played, 46 traits and 5 worthless legendaries. My new plan is to keep re rolling alts until one happens to get BIS legndaries on initial 1-2 drops. I know it sounds crazy but it's actually more efficient than grinding into ridiculously harsh diminishing returns. If I kept grinding on main my 6th legendary would take me 4-5 months to drop with a 20% chance of it being good. Fuck that! Without specific legendaries my spec is simply unplayable in a competitive environment. Also with new alt catch up system (instant 20AK) it will be easy to grind out traits. More importantly grinding will feel good knowing I have the BIS legenadires required to play my spec.

Already got first alt to 110 only took my 2 days of not really trying. Got my first legendary within 24 hours of hitting 110 and it's BIS! So with less than 24 hours played at 110 , I'm already ahead of my main toon that has 53 days played!!!
    As far as i know you need 20 AK to buy 15 AK for your alt.

And i really think you should play the toon you enjoy the most. Yes legendaries can do a lot for a character but should never be the reason you are or are not playing something imo. You can still pull decent numbers without your BiS legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by apiesmal View Post
    As far as i know you need 20 AK to buy 15 AK for your alt.

And i really think you should play the toon you enjoy the most. Yes legendaries can do a lot for a character but should never be the reason you are or are not playing something imo. You can still pull decent numbers without your BiS legendary.
    How can you enjoy playing a character with 5 useless legendaries? If you're aiming for "decent numbers", just go back to reddit imo... Blizzard made this completely broken system where it actually is better to make new toons till you get a bis legendary than wasting time on your main, cause like people said, getting that first legendary happens withing a few days
    ALL CAPS when you spell the man name.

Still zero legendaries on my main. Granted, there was about a month I played other characters, but I still feel like with bad luck protection and all the WQ and mythical ive done I should have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Batleruiser View Post
    Thank, but I am getting always "unknown function: getKP." error.
    I did a right-click on the sheet and copied it to an existing excel document (google drive).

Edit: never mind.. got it
    I'm getting that too, what did you do to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post

I've done this with 4 toons and none of the 4 have gotten a single bis legendary (all 3 of my alts have 2 worthless legendaries, which is the same as my main). Still sticking with my main which just has sephuz/prydaz. Sigh.

I'm actually really happy that it worked out for you.

I'm very burned out now though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    I'm getting that too, what did you do to fix it?
    You have to make a copy of the whole file not only the sheet (data (top left corner) -> create copy...).

Well, after I dropped my third legendary as Prydaz and my 4th (today) as Sephuz, my chances of getting the BiS boots on assa just vanished.

Deleted
    Do you use any addon youve made yourself or so to track your KP or do you simply like have a notepad document that you edit after youve killed boss x or done quest x?

Would really love to see how these stats are after 7.1 was released til today, had 8h played when i got first legendary on my priest and <24h when i got my secondary. First was aoe ring and second was the prydaz neck and i got the crafted neck upgraded with tons of haste and considering the on use i reccon its superbis compared to whatever ilvl since there is no int. Im somewhat afraid of even doing the +10 for weekly chest (cba pugging 12 on alt) if i were to get a 3rd legendary as i suppose nothing about drop chances etc will change specificly for the new legendaries and the cloak that is coming for spriest is really gonna be gamechanging for me if i get it.

After reading about 5-7 last pages of this thread i decided to level up a new mage as my 889 fire mage got db-head, shieldchest, haste-dogshit ring and move and cast feets. Aka 4 leges 3 shit one awesome in m+ but pretty much useless in raiding except for ilgy m. Just recently got the db-head and i farmed a few +10 and basically just felt i would get a lege any sec and reset day (day after the +10 farming) i got it in normal en run and after that ive basically been afk so next one maybe comes next year, so yea, decided to just level a new mage as frost and hope for ring and if so i go fire and try to get bracers, if i get a frost one i gear it up as frost and wait for 7.1.5.

Luckily i got 2 more mages so im considering dinging 110 on them or 109 and then just let them sit waiting for 7.1.5 and then try to get the new legendaries.

OT: The new legendary system is so fucking dogshit. I farmed 24/7 and put my life into that mage, think i had 34 days /played day before 7.1 and its on 44 or 48 atm (got shield chest in 7.0.3 and then i got sephur ring like day 7.1 hit or day after and basically went afk from the game, gave up raiding completely etc, after playing basically daily since wrath except some week break here and there due to irl) - now having 4 legendaries and pretty much getting my worst fears confirmed in this thread about how legendary system work for each one you get, the toon is pretty much dead for the rest of the expansion as the legendaries i got are shit for all 3 specs that now all have 35 traits and maybe 5M AP in the bank waiting for 7.1.5, all for nothing. Next one is prob prydaz if it were to drop at all before 7.3 comes :/

/Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    So literally you're not doing content that does grant you legendary but you're still crying that you're not getting legendaries. WELL DONE. WELL DONE

- - - Updated - - -
    So what activity in game generates a legendary if not part one of the flying achievement?

So what activity in game generates a legendary [...]
    Arena
    Battlegrounds
    RBGs
    Emissary Quest
    Nightfallen Army quest (can't remember the name, I'm sure you know or someone can correct me)
    Any dungeon boss (any difficulty)
    Any raid boss (any difficulty)
    Weekly Class hall chest from Mythic+
    Any World Boss
    Random world rares
    Again not confirmed, but any random World Quest.

Possibly more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

OT:
    Got lucky on my latest alt. Within less than two days /played (1d16h to be precise) - of which, many hours were probably AFK or doing nothing for the legendary drop chance - I got not one, but two legendaries. The kicker is that I got one doing a Mythic last reset, then basically logged out over Christmas until tonight, logged in and opened the Mythic+ weekly chest and got the other. My main still hasn't got a 2nd if it makes anyone feel better about it, and my alt can't equip the other for nearly 40 days...

It might also just be anecdotal but my guild tends to get them in waves. None for a week or two, then suddenly a bunch get them. Today was one of those days, another guildy had a very similar situation to my own except he got one yesterday then another (his 3rd) today.

http://imgur.com/a/KOWuy
    Note: The 1st image was taken as of making this post, the 2nd was taken earlier on the 28th. The 3rd image (a week or two older) is alts+mains getting multiple (e.g. one person got 3 across 2 chars, another got 2 across 2 chars, etc). FWIW, guild has been pretty inactive over the holidays, so nobody has been farming anything at all.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-01-01 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Confirmed rare mob drops

Quote Originally Posted by Fordie View Post
    Do you use any addon youve made yourself or so to track your KP or do you simply like have a notepad document that you edit after youve killed boss x or done quest x?

Would really love to see how these stats are after 7.1 was released til today, had 8h played when i got first legendary on my priest and <24h when i got my secondary. First was aoe ring and second was the prydaz neck and i got the crafted neck upgraded with tons of haste and considering the on use i reccon its superbis compared to whatever ilvl since there is no int. Im somewhat afraid of even doing the +10 for weekly chest (cba pugging 12 on alt) if i were to get a 3rd legendary as i suppose nothing about drop chances etc will change specificly for the new legendaries and the cloak that is coming for spriest is really gonna be gamechanging for me if i get it.

After reading about 5-7 last pages of this thread i decided to level up a new mage as my 889 fire mage got db-head, shieldchest, haste-dogshit ring and move and cast feets. Aka 4 leges 3 shit one awesome in m+ but pretty much useless in raiding except for ilgy m. Just recently got the db-head and i farmed a few +10 and basically just felt i would get a lege any sec and reset day (day after the +10 farming) i got it in normal en run and after that ive basically been afk so next one maybe comes next year, so yea, decided to just level a new mage as frost and hope for ring and if so i go fire and try to get bracers, if i get a frost one i gear it up as frost and wait for 7.1.5.

Luckily i got 2 more mages so im considering dinging 110 on them or 109 and then just let them sit waiting for 7.1.5 and then try to get the new legendaries.

OT: The new legendary system is so fucking dogshit. I farmed 24/7 and put my life into that mage, think i had 34 days /played day before 7.1 and its on 44 or 48 atm (got shield chest in 7.0.3 and then i got sephur ring like day 7.1 hit or day after and basically went afk from the game, gave up raiding completely etc, after playing basically daily since wrath except some week break here and there due to irl) - now having 4 legendaries and pretty much getting my worst fears confirmed in this thread about how legendary system work for each one you get, the toon is pretty much dead for the rest of the expansion as the legendaries i got are shit for all 3 specs that now all have 35 traits and maybe 5M AP in the bank waiting for 7.1.5, all for nothing. Next one is prob prydaz if it were to drop at all before 7.3 comes :/

/Ford
    lehadnk made a spreadsheet/script to fetch total KP data from armory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=474315725
    You need to make a copy to edit it. Also keep in mind the "average KP needed" values are not really very useful for predicting the next drop, it's better to compare to KP curves in OP.

Based on the data so far, I don't think it's worth the effort to start a new character just if you got bad legendaries. Yes the first legendary drops faster than others, but just to get character leveled there and AP system negates this gain. Also the chance to get BiS legendary as your first one is only 1/8 = 12.5%, but if you had 4 legendaries already, the chance is 1/4 = 25%. There is not enough data to see if getting 5th, 6th or 7th legendary is even much slower than 4th one, all I can say that after the softcap was removed, many people with 4 have started to get more legendaries. So it's not as bad as it first looked like. And they're probably changing the drop rates again in next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Arena
    Battlegrounds
    RBGs
    Emissary Quest
    Nightfallen Army quest (can't remember the name, I'm sure you know or someone can correct me)
    Any dungeon boss (any difficulty)
    Any raid boss (any difficulty)
    Weekly Class hall chest from Mythic+
    Any World Boss
    Not confirmed by the masses, but people claim to have gotten them from random world rares (my guildy included)
    Again not confirmed, but any random World Quest.

Possibly more that I can't remember off the top of my head.

OT:
    Got lucky on my latest alt. Within less than two days /played (1d16h to be precise) - of which, many hours were probably AFK or doing nothing for the legendary drop chance - I got not one, but two legendaries. The kicker is that I got one doing a Mythic last reset, then basically logged out over Christmas until tonight, logged in and opened the Mythic+ weekly chest and got the other. My main still hasn't got a 2nd if it makes anyone feel better about it, and my alt can't equip the other for nearly 40 days...

It might also just be anecdotal but my guild tends to get them in waves. None for a week or two, then suddenly a bunch get them. Today was one of those days, another guildy had a very similar situation to my own except he got one yesterday then another (his 3rd) today.

http://imgur.com/a/KOWuy
    Note: The 1st image was taken as of making this post, the 2nd was taken earlier on the 28th. The 3rd image (a week or two older) is alts+mains getting multiple (e.g. one person got 3 across 2 chars, another got 2 across 2 chars, etc). FWIW, guild has been pretty inactive over the holidays, so nobody has been farming anything at all.
    I run all of LFR every week. Do plenty of world quests and random world bosses. <shrug> I guess RNG is RNG.

I run all of LFR every week. Do plenty of world quests and random world bosses. <shrug> I guess RNG is RNG.
    Yeah, they have different drop chances - harder content having higher droprates etc, so a mythic boss would have a higher drop chance than LFR for example.

Deleted
    i didnt read the whole topic. the necessary kp for the 5th leg seems to be a little high. I think its due to the bad luck protection cap for some time.

Deleted
    LFR is only 20KP per week (ToV + EN) according to this, you would need aprox 10 weeks alone to reach the average KPs where half the people had gotten their first legendary if the data is correct. That doesn't mean you can't get it sooner or later.