Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    So i started playing around week ago, and i really do not get why people hate this expansion so much ?
    I dont pay attention to the whiners. Most of the ppl who are mad, are mad cos they didnt get the BIS legendary in their weekly chest :P

Blizzard made a fantastic xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Legendaries, AP/AK, titanforging, take your pick.
    Well, there are no issues with AP/AK - the two work together extremely well to make it so there is no drive to grind AP.

Legendaries have a minor flaw in their design - that is utility vs non utility.

Warforging/Titanforging is a benefit - so there is no reason to hate that system.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

So i started playing around week ago, and i really do not get why people hate this expansion so much ?
    Because it's a shit expansion which only look good because it comes after WoD, which was even worse.
    Gameplay after the overhaul is boring, "class lore" just managed to ruin said classes and make them look unrecognizable, the quest writing is fanfiction-level of terrible, the zones are forgettable, the plot is pedestrian and disjointed, the uncountable layers of meta-mechanisms makes it impossible to have immersion, the artifacts & class orders would have their place in a Bioware power fantasy but clash with a MMO design, legendaries are a complete debacle, the dungeon and AP grind is numbing, the ilvl inflation continues its neverending retarded increase making gear > all, there is no progression as your rewards are based on RNG, and again the gameplay is boring.

So yeah it's garbage.

Legendary system was poorly designed/implemented.

PVP has been an utter mess. Seesaw balancing, confusing plus random rewards system, Warden towers tinkered with incessantly, Prestige resetting honor talents was a complete botch.

Emerald Nightmare was a joke.

because those forums are flooded with toxic ocd junkies who refuse to accept that wow is just a game not a life style.

while normal people just play and enjoy this expansion a lot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exor37 View Post
    and it shocks me how easily you just swap chars because they were missing an AOE spell or nerfed
    this happens very often to fotm rerollers. thats why they whine so much about alts this expansion because they would like to play a clone of LoL where you just class/spec before each raid defending what is fotm atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Its a great expansion. Most of the complaints rest on laziness of the complainer.

Also I constantly read "Alt Unfriendly" yet I've had no issues with Alts. My Alts in Legion are actually better geared than they ever were in past expacs.

like I said, people = lazy = complaints
    the only issue with alts is AK and it was indeed utter cancer which should be acount wide from day 1 there is no discussing it - but with 7.1.5 solving this issue alts are better then ok - and i have same experience about gearing - i have atm 5 alts anywhere between 859-864 and 3 more between 830-850 just from wq / world boss gear - the only downside is indeed ap.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because those forums are flooded with toxic ocd junkies who refuse to accept that wow is just a game not a life style.

while normal people just play and enjoy this expansion a lot

- - - Updated - - -

this happens very often to fotm rerollers. thats why they whine so much about alts this expansion because they would like to play a clone of LoL where you just class/spec before each raid defending what is fotm atm.

- - - Updated - - -

the only issue with alts is AK and it was indeed utter cancer which should be acount wide from day 1 there is no discussing it - but with 7.1.5 solving this issue alts are better then ok - and i have same experience about gearing - i have atm 5 alts anywhere between 859-864 and 3 more between 830-850 just from wq / world boss gear - the only downside is indeed ap.
    if AK was account wide from day1 .. we would have so many well-geared and progressed alts just like our main .. im sure thats not healthy for game , but they often remove certain caps or gating for certain stuff LATER on every expansion ( for catching up !!)as we saw
    Last edited by exor37; 2016-12-28 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    There isn't. You see largely the same stupid people (trolls) bitching about things that aren't that big of a deal in the big picture that you saw years ago. By the numbers Legion is extremely successful and by the numbers people are still absolutely loving it.

Stop reading the vocal minority and most MMO-C threads in general. Literally every single thing here is handled with a million tons of hyperbole.
    Just curious, what numbers are you referring to?

Lazy? sure, required to run 20+m dungeons per day and u call me lazy kk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzr View Post
    Also with each reroll, I was painfully aware of the Artifact Power disadvantage I'd just taken to try and find something fun. The AP grind honestly feels worse than the vanilla leveling experience. Which ironically I'm not saying through rose-tinted glasses, because I'm actually playing on a vanilla server right now. I'm still waiting for the feeling of nostalgia to wear off like everyone says it's supposed to, but since Dec 17th I've been having more fun on a vanilla Warlock than my Legion one.
    You won't. You might grow bored or encounter some part you don't like, but you won't "have nostalgia wear off", because the fun of playing Vanilla, despite what a bunch of cretins claim, has nothing to do with "nostalgia" and all to do with actual design.
    There is a reason "rose-tinted glasses" and "nostalgia" are retarded false arguments that should be instantly ignored (and their users banned, but that's wishful thinking).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyteriz View Post
    Why are you required to run 20+ m dungeons per day?

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I do agree with the comment you were replying to: there are always players who see only the negative in the current xpac, while viewing older xpacs through rose-colored glasses. It's human nature.
    Some people feel this apparent insatiable desire to tell others they're misremembering, or viewing through rose-colored glasses. I find it intriguing. It's like some people like yourself think 'I don't remember it that way, so there's NO way you should!' Such people need to get over themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Why are you required to run 20+ m dungeons per day?
    becuase if he wouldnt people how he considers as "friends" would bench him and he would have to accept that he is nothing more then a cannon fodder and that what he does in game ulimately doesnt matter.

if he raided with real firends he wouldnt feel the need to farm any mythic + beyond initial gearing.

I've never run 20+ mythic dungeons in a day. No one calls me lazy, and I am enjoying the game very much.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Content wise it's been a pretty good expansion already.

Class design, and the legendary system have been abominations however. So much so that it really tarnishes the expack as a whole for a lot of people.
    its a shame that some classes that were cool like MM hunter and assassin rogue, got turned into the most boring specs imaginable

1- The game punishes for you focusing on one character, the more legendaries you have that doesn't contribute to your dps the harder it will be to get more pieces because being fucked over by the soft cap wasn't enough, so here's more diminishing return after your 3rd/4th piece.

2- you don't need any legendary to complete raids, but if you were someone who played previous expansions and enjoyed having a friendly competition with your guild mates and ranking through logs, that's out of the picture right now because someone with a bis legendary and someone without is roughly a 10% dps difference FROM ONE item (boomkin head)

3- some classes (balance druids) are horrible to pvp with, we lost so many things from previous expansions (cc/utility/heal/kiting spells) that most of us just avoid it completely. so one of the most fun aspects we had in pve (improving throughout the weeks on fights) is now gone because of a lottery system.

4- Blizzard lied and said in one of the panels that you'll be able to target specific legendaries, still 0 news about that and we're months in the expansion. ( the panel was in 2015'ish)

You've only just started, none of the points i listed would matter anyway, enjoy the honeymoon.
    Last edited by kryptik93; 2016-12-28 at 11:06 AM.

People hate this expansion for the same reason they hate WoD. Blizzard ignores feedback and expands on bad ideas rather than fixing them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Legendaries. The majority of the complaints around Legion can be traced back to the flawed implementation of legendaries and the artificial gating Blizzard has implemented for them.
    No, don't make It out that Legendaries are the only reason Legion Is bad, there are many views on why It's bad, from many kinds of players, the casuals, the hardcore raiders, the hardcore Pvpers, even RPers.

And they all have a valid say on the subjects.

@Seweryn, just play a few months into Legion, and you'll see for yourself. Believe me, there's many wrong In this expansion that many people hate, and I encourage you to keep track of the forums for those kind of problems and views on how It's wrong and from whose point of view.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

My "hate", most stated by many already:

1. AP grind is real. I have no alts because my druid's alt specs require farming time to make them truly viable in any serious "end game" content ie raid or mythic 5mans. Tell me that a resto druid without tranq castable while moving is as viable as one who has it (along with other regen buffs etc.). Boomkins get some actual aoe dps back by the sunfire range talent, at least in fights where they can spam it along with other dps buffs.

2. Professions? Pointless except for a couple and those are gated with RNG and dungeons. Dungeons I get but the RNG for flasks? Lulz worthy. Its more worthwhile to sell raw mats than make JC cuts most of the time. Oh, and since gem slots are again RNG like in WoD... not much demand. Hell cooking is a pain. I've not bothered with professions much at all.

3. Legendaries and RNG along with bad design. Boomkin with just a Sephuz here checking in. BiS needed to be competitive in some cases. Oh, but boomies have utility! Yeah, an innervate that is buffed with haste once you get that weapon talent. We don't have tranq anymore and others have brez. Only upside is we can emergency tank (heals no so much). That leads to #4.

4. Class balance, pruning, quality of life etc.. Just crazy. Blizz is gonna fix things, that just might kill some specs... get ready to farm AP again if you haven't!

5. Raid loot rule changes. Aka personal loot only for any group that isn't 80% of one guild. Guess what, personal loot still sucks. At least WQ's give out rather good gear starting out, better than heroics or equal to early mythics.

10+ Year Old Account
    "required" hahaha you my friend have a problem
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Outside of the initial ambiguity on flight's release (we now have a concrete patch number to expect it so I'm satisfied), my only real complaints with Legion are the fact that its the xpac of timegates and rng.

Legion is super amazing when the rng favors you, far and away less so when you go long periods with no love from it. My main is a mage... her first Legendary was the boots... not exactly a great one... but it could have been worse. It could have been the dreaded ring... and wouldn't you know it, her second legendary was the ring I'm not sure I ever have been or ever will be more disappointed playing wow than I was when I saw that in my emissary cache. It just knocked the wind out of my sails. On the flip side my holy priest alt got the self-res cloak (which I really wanted) as her first (and only) legendary and I was ecstatic (until my poor main opened up that friggin shitty ring).

Similar feelings arise from Mythic+ gear or WQ gear getting zero upgrades, or pieces with shitty stats for your spec are the ones that get the upgrades while those with your ideal stats don't and you can't use the "upgrades" cause they actually aren't upgrades regardless of their higher ilvl. It especially hurts when you hit the 860+ ilvl range and your WQ gear's base ilvl is 845 max... meaning you'd have to get seriously lucky with the rng to even hope for an upgrade. Getting relics for your artifact can be especially daunting when the rng decides to keep giving you the wrong ones... like the resto druid who constantly gets arcane relics or the Holy priest who sees far too many shadow and blood relics. The rng has the ultimate authority over how much you enjoy Legion IMO.

The lesser evil are the time gates. That's more of an annoyance than anything else and in most cases you can just grin and bear it. The class hall missions to advance the hall quests can be a real downer but ultimately its a one time thing (not counting alts of course).

I think that professions are better in Legion than WoD but... there's definitely a great deal of room for improvement as far as I'm concerned.

Outside of those things, I think Legion is a good xpac. It's not the best (I reserve that spot for WotLK), but I find it far more palatable than WoD. I'd probably put it neck and neck or a tiny bit above MoP.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2016-12-28 at 12:12 PM.