Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    They are complementary rewards. You take one out and the other loses a lot of spark Many people who are raiding at the top right now are doing it more for the challenge than the gear, since the gear is not as appealing as before.
    well duh something has to keep those twitch streams going

sad but not surprising, most of these older world top tier guilds are comprised of people that are now moving into another phase of life.. it happens. Also some have insane requirements to join that i don't see many of the new generation of gamers wanting to meet just to play game. I think its more so a statement of the modern gaming scene where people want to be able to hope into a game for quick minute get something done / progress their toon and be done for the day, than wow itself. I very much agree with blizz that now subs are on a cycle where people sub complete a tier unsub till the next tier back for a month, unsub for a month or 2 etc.. Its a strange new gaming world.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    and you think hes not right or what ??
    When you get carried for content and say it's too easy what do you think? The whole point of a carry is for you to be taken through the content by people who can breeze through it. Saying it is too easy from a carry run is moronic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh man yeah they really deserve respect for something 12 years ago.
    10 years btw

10 years btw
    Oh no I was off by 2 years. Someone call the police. Nvm I'll do it myself. Still doesn't mean we should respect them because they did something years ago. By that logic I should show immense respect to whoever cleared MC first and treat them as gods. Right?

To all the people calling back to their old history. This Nihilum has nothing to do with the Nihilum of old. The guild that 'deserved our respect' died years ago. This was just another one of Kungens 1 month fabs that against the odds managed to keep going for an expansion.

I respect the old Nihilum/Ensidia. Not this pale imitation.

Edit:
    As for this guilds accompishments. They raided top rank hours and bashed their head into the wall until they got past it. They did good because they spend tons of time. Not because they were better then the guilds below them.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You get exclusive ingame items now as well, Sorry but WoW isn't here to stroke or boost your ego.

Ether play because you enjoy it or don't play at all, WoW will do fine without this type of player.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya bullshit that isn't complementary. You don't like ur steak less because it comes with a salad and not mashed potato's.

You did it for the ego boost and that boost is no longer there. Get ur fix somewhere else if that's the case.
    Some people enjoy more a steak that has roquefort than without. They are complementary and as such, subjective to someone's preference.

Ego boost? That's such an easy line to use and usually used by people who don't do anything with their time. Everyone wants to get rewarded more for doing more than others. The main reason why communiusm died in russia was just that. Why would I work more than that other lazy person if I don't get better returns?
    Try asking anyone that actually does something with their life if they would still do it without any recognition or proper payment. The moment you don't feel you are getting enough rewards for the time you are spending on something is a clear indicator of needing to quit. This whole topic is about this.

This is a game, indeed, but the time you are spending on it is real.

Deleted
    Oh no I was off by 2 years. Someone call the police. Nvm I'll do it myself.
    damn, you know how to exagerate. calm down u freak

meanwhile method can keep it.

damn, you know how to exagerate. calm down u freak
    Hey I look like Frankenstein a little and I'm offended! Although I'm not at the point where I need to shove bolts in my neck. Think I got another 20 years left.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it was 2007 then this might have been news but now in 2016 its just another guild disbanding.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Taking bets on Serenity to go next.

and you think hes not right or what ??
    You can't get carried and then judge the difficulty of the content.

That would be like me saying Bloodborne is easy after I entered a god mode cheat.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You can't get carried and then judge the difficulty of the content.

That would be like me saying Bloodborne is easy after I entered a god mode cheat.
    Pretty much this. If I got carried through any endgame hard content and said it was too easy I'd kick my own ass for saying that.

Deleted
    Pretty much this. If I got carried through any endgame hard content and said it was too easy I'd kick my own ass for saying that.
    i wonder, do u get paid posting 24/7 ??

i wonder, do u get paid posting 24/7 ??
    Honestly I wish. Mostly on especially night time due to chronic Insomnia. It's either lay in bed or watch TV and usually nothing good is on. Right now I'm compiling some memos and work stuff. I work at home a lot self employed so I can pretty much browse this or do my work watching TV.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-28 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Some people enjoy more a steak that has roquefort than without. They are complementary and as such, subjective to someone's preference.

Ego boost? That's such an easy line to use and usually used by people who don't do anything with their time. Everyone wants to get rewarded more for doing more than others. The main reason why communiusm died in russia was just that. Why would I work more than that other lazy person if I don't get better returns?
    Try asking anyone that actually does something with their life if they would still do it without any recognition or proper payment. The moment you don't feel you are getting enough rewards for the time you are spending on something is a clear indicator of needing to quit. This whole topic is about this.

This is a game, indeed, but the time you are spending on it is real.
    Go find a game that fits ur "Needs" then. Current Mythic Raids rewards things that other modes don't. There is nothing different now then in TBC. You mad because everyone can get legendary's, Well get over it or find a different game.

Ego Boost is such a easy line to use because its 100% true and fact. Your post and there post is proof of this. You didn't go the content for the challenge you did it because it had exclusive goodies you wanted and that boosted ur ego. You felt better then everyone because u had said goodies.

Its a video game no matter how much time you spend on it. If its not fitting ur ego boost needs then go find another to play that does.

Bottom line is the game's reward system shouldn't be catered around the 1% just to boost there ego. Don't like it then unsub, the game will be fine without you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

They had only 2 good players (Rikh and Verdiisha) in a mythic guild, ofc it's doomed to fail

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    they probably just moved back to nostalrius
    Most likely yes.

Go find a game that fits ur "Needs" then. Current Mythic Raiders rewards things that other modes don't. There is nothing different now then in TBC. You mad because everyone can get legendary's, Well get over it or find a different game.

Ego Boost is such a easy line to use because its 100% true and fact. Your post and there post is proof of this. You didn't go the content for the challenge you did it because it had exclusive goodies you wanted and that boosted ur ego. You felt better then everyone because u had said goodies.

Its a video game no matter how much time you spend on it. If its not fitting ur ego boost needs then go find another to play that does.
    I sort of agree with the guy you are quoting though. Personal rewards for doing the hardest content are nice. However I didn't care much for those rewards when I raided in MoP. I was just happy downing the bosses personally and getting the loots. A lot of MMOs do adopt the better rewards for those who do the highest tier of content or put in a lot of time and effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    Most likely yes.
    Why would they go do content that they have done before and is easier?