Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They are going to solve problems yet they made an expantion filled with such game breaking issues that peaople are leaving? Yeah, thats going well.

And no, RNG is not good for the game. You have no idea what you're talking about. People without the same legendaries are benched. The game starts when you get your BiS legendaries. Thats what Legion is about. Getting thoes two legendaries you need and some AP while you grind them.

Once you've done Maw of Souls 400+ times I'm sure you'll understand.

The game is not fun.
    Then why are you playing it?
    Noone has to run MoS 400+ times; players from method's main roster stopped after paragonning a couple times. Just because some idiot EU dk sat down in front of his pc and ground to 54 doesn't mean you have to. Noone in any sort of mythic guild with any sort of good leadership/history has ever benched someone for getting a shit legendary, ever. Sure, players have rerolled to more fortunate toons, but noone has ever been actually forced to sit out of any good guild's raid.

RNG is fine as it is. If you want 850+ gear, do EN normal+ If you want 880 gear, do it on mythic. Just because you have a minuscule chance of getting something amazing out of a low level instance doesn't mean shit dude; people been getting screwed out of drops on personal loot since personal loot has been a thing as well, and personal loot was something the community itself requested.

People who want to do nothing but M0 and LFR and WQ with the hopes of getting a 895/socketed item are selling themselves a dream that will never come true

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    If a feature in the game greatly affects your time spent in it, and you happen to really dislike said feature, and you see no changes to it, then why wouldn't you quit? Why would you even spend time to nourish the very thing you dislike? For me not quitting is more mind boggling. If you can avoid the thing you dislike (pet battling doesn't require legendaries or AP grind for example) and do something else in the game then it's all fine and dandy, but what if you can't? For me "bending over" and doing things you despise (grinding ap, mythics, legendaries) is more questionable than quitting.
    For example you see top guilds complaining about these features, but noone is quitting. They bend over, for god knows why, maybe because the fame, or money.
    And I'm not talking about small problems here like "oh, *dramatic pose* I had to do 20 dailies to get revered with the golden lotus to open up shado pan". We are talking about 800+ mythic+ dungeons, doing everything on 3-4 alts, multiboxing, and split runs and throwing characters into the trash when they didn't get the good legendaries for gods sake.
    People who do those things do them 100% on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Anyway THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MAJORITY IN WOW. We are all parts of several minorities. Remembering this can greatly increase the quality of our criticism.
    This is what I've said 2 posts before as well.

Maybe, just maybe, one feature isn't enough of a reason to quit. Maybe you still like some other features.
    One feature? AP farm, mythic+ farm (gear), split raids + legendaries + doing these on 2-3 alts. Hardly one thing.

If people just quit without a word, how will the devs know whats wrong with the game? What does it mean your guildy didn't enjoy legion? Which part of it? Too much green color? Pet battles? Pvp? Raid? Death of Ysera was too much for him? Oh I forgot you don't care about other people's opinions, you just like to share your own.
    I would be interested what makes other people quit. Even your guildy who I don't even know.

That one feature (legendaries) webs the whole expansion. Like I said if you like pet battles, legendaries won't matter for you. But oh, you like raiding? Ouw, too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    That's not how a community, or shall I say a competitive community works, and you know it.
    If Usain Bolt runs 4 hours a day, and works out another 2, you - the competitive runner you - can't just say, oh fuck that, I stay home and eat burgers and fries instead. Well, you can say that, but then open up the jobfinder website as well, you'll need it.
    The worst thing is, the couch potatoes in this game are being put together with Usain Bolts, facing the exact same challenge (normal, heroic, mythic) and the gap between the 2 is getting bigger and bigger, especially with expansions designed like Legion.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-12-28 at 01:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    One feature? AP farm, mythic+ farm (gear), split raids + legendaries + doing these on 2-3 alts. Hardly one thing.
    Apparently they still have a reason that outweights those things.

If people just quit without a word, how will the devs know whats wrong with the game?
    Oh, they can totally tell the devs. Just saying it on the forums is pretty pointless because it's just 1/1000000000 of possible reasons that people quit for. So a single reason like that is pretty insignificant.

That one feature (legendaries) webs the whole expansion. Like I said if you like pet battles, legendaries won't matter for you. But oh, you like raiding? Ouw, too bad.
    I disagree. I dislike legendary system but I like everything else and the legendary system doesn't really make me unable to do that other things. You see, different people, different point of views, different attitudes. What makes one person tick is irrelevant for another person. That's why posting about reasons of quitting on the forums is pointless. It brings no value to anyone what so ever.

Apparently they still have a reason that outweights those things.

Oh, they can totally tell the devs. Just saying it on the forums is pretty pointless because it's just 1/1000000000 of possible reasons that people quit for. So a single reason like that is pretty insignificant.

I disagree. I dislike legendary system but I like everything else and the legendary system doesn't really make me unable to do that other things. You see, different people, different point of views, different attitudes. What makes one person tick is irrelevant for another person. That's why posting about reasons of quitting on the forums is pointless. It brings no value to anyone what so ever.
    I think the devs are smart enough to differentiate people who quit because Sylvanas did get - a very ugly btw - belly armor from people who quit because of the diablo style grind fest.
    That's why you hear buzzwords from Ion on Blizzcon when he talks about the "perfect" new expansion "no more daily quest grind like in mop" he said while introducing WoD - which is a huge lol as WoD didn't have anything, not just dailies. "Finally something to do after wod" he said introducing world quests.
    I wonder what will be Legion's scapegoat failure feature. Without thinking much I could name 3-4 candidates. :/
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-12-28 at 01:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the devs are smart enough to differentiate people who quit because Sylvanas did get - a very ugly btw - belly armor from people who quit because of the diablo style grind fest.
    You do realize that while some people quit due to "diablo style grind fest" some people actually enjoy it? So it's not that simple.
    That's why you hear buzzwords from Ion on Blizzcon when he talks about the "perfect" new expansion "no more daily quest grind like in mop" he said while introducing WoD - which is a huge lol as WoD didn't have anything, not just dailies. "Finally something to do after wod" he said introducing world quests.
    I wonder what will be Legion's scapegoat failure feature. Without thinking much I could name 3-4 candidates. :/
    Blizzard has the tendency to swing the pendulum slightly too far tho for my personal taste they did better with WoD->Legion transition than MoP->WoD. In some cases they are learning, is some they don't.

Anyway, still, what is the point of writting on the forums that someone is quitting due to feature x? If you want to communicate something to Blizzard, public forums are the worse way to do it. Posting stuff like this on the forums only starts a war because for every person that dislikes certain feature there will be a person who likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    MMO Champ is NOT the same as the LoL Sub. It has nowhere near the power to command Blizzard's respect that the LoL sub does for LoL.
    Legitimately laughed for a second there considering all moderation is deep in riot's pockets.

Deleted
    All the fun of a forum comes from the discussion of haters VS fans.
    If you can't handle the spiciness you don't know how to forum.

We grew up on the battlefield of flame wars. War is all we know. We are perfect war machines. lol

I can't wait for the day being critical of a product becomes "hate speech". Gonna be sat there with the biggest bag of popcorn.

Deleted
    So minorities can't complain about shit they care about. Got it. :P

General Discussion has devolved into posting about how bad Legion is and why it sucks and why Blizzard sucks because it's not the perfect game. There's no civility here, and it's sad.

Just remember before you shitpost with another "I'm quitting cuz I got bad legendary" thread, YOU ARE THE MINORITY.

Wow has million of subs, actual millions. MMO Champ has a fraction of that in registered users, and of those not all of them use or even post on the forums. Remember that just because someone online agrees with you about Legion not being perfect doesn't mean you have an army of support against people who actually LIKE the game.

I play League of Legends, and the subreddit is the main place where discussion is had on the game. The game has 2 billion registered accounts compared to the sub having not even 1 million subscribers. That means the subreddit accounts for around 1% of the playerbase, and yet there have been many cases where reddit posts have caused direct community interaction from Riot Games. This is due to it being the largest representation of players online.

MMO Champ is NOT the same as the LoL Sub. It has nowhere near the power to command Blizzard's respect that the LoL sub does for LoL. Chances are Blizz may read a forum post or 2 but nothing you say or do on this forum will influence change in Blizzard's development of WoW, especially because of how uncivilized and irrational the posts have become.

That being said, feel free to keep posting whatever you want. Just remember that you are a small fish in gigantic seemingly endless ocean of people who play WoW and despite how righteous you feel your post may be it's not going to change anything.

Or better yet just don't post and maybe we can have some nice posts for a change.
    its still a statistical proof ... you just skipped maths at school and you ended up making posts like this one.

I think the real problem with this forum is people not able to dislike something. Why are people so damn insecure about this expansion?

7+ Year Old Account
    General Discussion has devolved into posting about how bad Legion is and why it sucks and why Blizzard sucks because it's not the perfect game. There's no civility here, and it's sad.

Just remember before you shitpost with another "I'm quitting cuz I got bad legendary" thread, YOU ARE THE MINORITY.

Wow has million of subs, actual millions. MMO Champ has a fraction of that in registered users, and of those not all of them use or even post on the forums. Remember that just because someone online agrees with you about Legion not being perfect doesn't mean you have an army of support against people who actually LIKE the game.

I play League of Legends, and the subreddit is the main place where discussion is had on the game. The game has 2 billion registered accounts compared to the sub having not even 1 million subscribers. That means the subreddit accounts for around 1% of the playerbase, and yet there have been many cases where reddit posts have caused direct community interaction from Riot Games. This is due to it being the largest representation of players online.

MMO Champ is NOT the same as the LoL Sub. It has nowhere near the power to command Blizzard's respect that the LoL sub does for LoL. Chances are Blizz may read a forum post or 2 but nothing you say or do on this forum will influence change in Blizzard's development of WoW, especially because of how uncivilized and irrational the posts have become.

That being said, feel free to keep posting whatever you want. Just remember that you are a small fish in gigantic seemingly endless ocean of people who play WoW and despite how righteous you feel your post may be it's not going to change anything.

Or better yet just don't post and maybe we can have some nice posts for a change.
    Possible translation: Don't criticize games, so that developers won't learn from their mistakes.

And that's cute, you're from reddit, well stay there please. These are discussions, while some unrational and stupid, some have meaning and may even atract Blizzard's attention and therefore change features of the game we hate here. Any post, with enough attention and valid, structured criticism can get their attention. Just as your posts on Reddit are I'm sure.

And the reasoning behind your first sentance that "You are a minority hence you have no say" Is stupid. You are also a minority on Reddit, yet you post and discuss don't you?

Mythic Raiders are a minority,Hardcore PvPers are a minority yet blizzard caters to them, don't they? There's always minorities, If you start going by what only the majority says, you'd be no better then... lets say, we all know how the Soviet Union was formed. And I say that as a russian myself. Please don't devolve Into that.

We should all post, as minor and stupid as the criticisms are, will grow Into actual real, structured criticisms - or that's the hope at any rate, for Blizzard to see It and consider. How else would people learn to make good criticism In the first place? The best teacher Is making a mistake.

And WoW might have millions, but only a few at best at the moment of this post. Estimated around 3-4 mil at best. If you're a fanboy then It's like 5-6 mil perhaps... but then, wouldn't Blizzard start reporting subs If they went above 5.5 subs again? Or would they not report them at all, even if they go as high as 10 mil?

They don't report them, as they're so low, that Blizzard doesn't want to admit -how- low, so that they aren't considered secondary, or have people go down a death spiral, or just quit because of so little subs.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2016-12-28 at 02:10 PM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

You do realize that while some people quit due to "diablo style grind fest" some people actually enjoy it? So it's not that simple.

Blizzard has the tendency to swing the pendulum slightly too far tho for my personal taste they did better with WoD->Legion transition than MoP->WoD. In some cases they are learning, is some they don't.

Anyway, still, what is the point of writting on the forums that someone is quitting due to feature x? If you want to communicate something to Blizzard, public forums are the worse way to do it. Posting stuff like this on the forums only starts a war because for every person that dislikes certain feature there will be a person who likes it.
    Some people like to eat snails, or like to eat rooster testicles, nothing wrong with that, unless that's the only thing on the menu for the whole audience. For a company like Blizz profit should matter, and to nourish the game itself and give platform for the players to express their love for the product (and, to preserve its unique and defining features).
    If 3/4 (or 1/4, or 1/6) of the playerbase would quit over some specific features, it would be up to them to rethink it. So while Joe's opinion about AP doesn't matter, 10.000 people sharing his opinion does matter a lot. That is why I brought up Sylvanas' armor. Doubt hundreds or thousands of players would quit over that. Grinding on the other hand.... ?
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-12-28 at 02:24 PM.

Then why are you playing it?
    Noone has to run MoS 400+ times; players from method's main roster stopped after paragonning a couple times. Just because some idiot EU dk sat down in front of his pc and ground to 54 doesn't mean you have to. Noone in any sort of mythic guild with any sort of good leadership/history has ever benched someone for getting a shit legendary, ever. Sure, players have rerolled to more fortunate toons, but noone has ever been actually forced to sit out of any good guild's raid.

RNG is fine as it is. If you want 850+ gear, do EN normal+ If you want 880 gear, do it on mythic. Just because you have a minuscule chance of getting something amazing out of a low level instance doesn't mean shit dude; people been getting screwed out of drops on personal loot since personal loot has been a thing as well, and personal loot was something the community itself requested.

People who want to do nothing but M0 and LFR and WQ with the hopes of getting a 895/socketed item are selling themselves a dream that will never come true

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, it's getting hard and hard to find reasons to play WoW.
    But benched or being forced to reroll is pretty much the same thing, is it not?

The DPS legendaries are mandatory now. There are enough players with them that there is zero reason to carry players that are underperforming due to bad luck.
    Kick them and get better, or rather luckeir ones is what Legions about.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Translation = ONLY POST POSITIVE DON'T CRITICIZE MY HOBBY
    You can post criticism in an open, respectful manner that encourages dialogue. Most people forget that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    i got all my vaccines because not being dead is pretty cool

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people like to eat snails, or like to eat rooster testicles, nothing wrong with that, unless that's the only thing on the menu for the whole audience. For a company like Blizz profit should matter, and to nourish the game itself and give platform for the players to express their love for the product (and, to preserve its unique and defining features).
    If 3/4 (or 1/4, or 1/6) of the playerbase would quit over some specific features, it would be up to them to rethink it. So while Joe's opinion about AP doesn't matter, 10.000 people sharing his opinion does matter a lot. That is why I brought up Sylvanas' armor. Doubt hundreds or thousands of players would quit over that. Grinding on the other hand.... ?
    But you are still missing the point.

It's totally valid thing to point out to the devs what you dislike about the game and why (there are other channels to post your thoughts to Blizzard in a non public way).

Posting on the forums that you are quitting the game because you dislike certain feature is pointless.

And people who quit the game and keep shit posting the game for months or even years after they quit are beyond ridiculous.

Also, there is nothing wrong with discussing stuff on the forums about what we like and dislike. However, on mmoc there is hardly any discussion. It's mostly noise of people who have no idea what constructive criticism is. Saying: I dislike feature x and I will quit the game because of it is not constructive.

You're right, it's getting hard and hard to find reasons to play WoW.
    But benched or being forced to reroll is pretty much the same thing, is it not?

The DPS legendaries are mandatory now. There are enough players with them that there is zero reason to carry players that are underperforming due to bad luck.
    Kick them and get better, or rather luckeir ones is what Legions about.
    Do you have any sort of reading comprehension?
    Noone was forced off the roster or to reroll. People took it upon themselves to play a char that got better luck re: legendaries. That's what people who multi-class do anyway.
    Dps legendaries aren't mandatory. Sorry. They aren't.

Just because you're salty because you're in a shit guild doesn't mean that the game is the way you describe it. Good players still do good numbers in spite of bad legendaries.

Do you have any sort of reading comprehension?
    Noone was forced off the roster or to reroll. People took it upon themselves to play a char that got better luck re: legendaries. That's what people who multi-class do anyway.
    Dps legendaries aren't mandatory. Sorry. They aren't.

Just because you're salty because you're in a shit guild doesn't mean that the game is the way you describe it. Good players still do good numbers in spite of bad legendaries.
    Yeah, right.
    Thats cute.

Yeah, right.
    Thats cute.
    I could link you the armory of my guild that's 2/3 MToV rn. Couple prydaz' and sephuz's on roster.
    That wouldn't fit your rhetoric though.

I could link you the armory of my guild that's 2/3 MToV rn. Couple prydaz' and sephuz's on roster.
    That wouldn't fit your rhetoric though.
    I'm not saying you can't beat the content. This tier, so far has been rather easy (exept for Helya befor the nerfs).
    You can however not compete against a player of the same skill level with thoes legendaries.
    Being way behind players you know you should beat is not fun.

In a situation where you're competing for spots you'll have no chance, not becuase you're not as dedicated or beucase your bad but becuase you got unlucky.
    The best items in the game are give to out based on luck, and luck alone.

It's poor design. Simple as that.