Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    When Trump was bashing ungrateful allies who don't carry their fair share, he wasn't talking about Israel. No one talks about holy cow.
    I find it funny his fans just buy his shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Saying you intend to force Jews to not live in the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem, where they have lived for over a thousand years is deeply offensive.

Tijuana!
    We have been over this in the other thread. The resolution does no such thing!

This is a copy/paste of my reply to this from the other thread.

Okay. For a moment let's go over the history of post WW2 Jerusalem.

Jerusalem has been a point of contention before the 1947 partition. Aware of this fact the UN proposed Jerusalem to be an international city, not run by any specific government, while this was undoubtedly only a temporary solution, it was at the time workable. (Jordan shit on that deal and occupied the city, so that's something to keep in mind).

But after the 1967 War Israel took control of Jerusalem and VASTLY expanded the limits of East Jerusalem, throwing in a whole bunch of areas that are in the Palestinian territories, essentially doing a land grab via rezoning what is considered East Jerusalem.

Finally, the Jewish Quarter is only one of the 5 historical quarters of East Jerusalem, and one of the smaller ones, only actually holding about 2000 inhabitants. Majority of other Jewish citizens living in East Jerusalem, aren't actually living in the Jewish Quarter, but rather in the expanded areas that are in the Palestinian territories.

The point of the resolution here is that Israel can't arbitrarily redraw the city limits of East Jerusalem into Palestinian territories and then settle them. Nor is the resolution telling Israel that it needs to hand Jerusalem over to Palestine, but that it must halt settlement activities in the area and respect international law as an occupying power (the Geneva Conventions prohibit occupying powers to move populations into occupied areas). The resolution doesn't in any way deal with who should control which parts of Jerusalem in a Two State Solution. It simply requires Israel to halt settlements in East Jerusalem, evict populations that were moved in after the 1967 Armistice (this doesn't include the Old City and the Jewish Quarter) and states that no UN member will recognize the legality of any post 1967 settlements in East Jerusalem.
    You either try to grapple with the facts or you change the argument you are making, don't just keep parroting a way out of context empty line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will he be the 4th contender for the 2017 crazy-off?

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    How would you feel if other nations, which have nothing to do with this conflict at all, were threatening the security of your nation and people?
    Threaten to declare war on them?

No wait, thats Isreal.

Deleted
    I doubt anything will come of this. NZ is effectively a Chinese satellite/colony at this point. People don't have embassies with North Korea either and nothing ever happens.

Bibi's Israel is slowly starting to edge towards being North (Best) Korea 2.0 of international affairs, with the US being its version of China. A strategic ally that is really tired of its shit, but can't really leave it to its own devices as it is too invested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I doubt anything will come of this. NZ is effectively a Chinese satellite/colony at this point. People don't have embassies with North Korea either and nothing ever happens.
    Is that what Israel is, new NK? America their Chinese girl friend?

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.761706

Israel sure knows how to make friends. Netanyahu is a piece of garbage.
    Yeah... So thats not very smart, Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck are you talking about?

I'm not sure how exactly New Zealand China's colony? It is militarily aligned with NATO and US (actively taking part in everything from the Korean War to the War in Afghanistan), and having even closer ties with the US in the Pacific. Yes it trades quite a bit with China, but who isn't? And why it shouldn't? Chinese money is as good as any other money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Is that what Israel is, new NK? America their Chinese girl friend?
    No, NZ is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    The fuck are you talking about?
    Both NZ and Australia are increasingly falling under Chinese hegemony in terms of trade, political influence and demographic shifts. It's pretty much inevitable at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm not sure how exactly New Zealand China's colony?
    See above. They're showing all the signs of a so far relatively peaceful colonization by China. Including behaviour in the native population often seen when a new group is slowly seizing power.

No, NZ is.

So Israel dumps NZ and that makes the world dump NZ? Those firing neurons, my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    like it or not. Israel controls HUGE part of our foreign policy. While I do not like Obama, I would like to see U.S. be free of Israeli control. We should be soverign nation, we should decide policies, not get decided by traitorous senators and jewish lobby.
    But that's where the Jesuses come from!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, NZ is.

Both NZ and Australia are increasingly falling under Chinese hegemony in terms of trade, political influence and demographic shifts. It's pretty much inevitable at this point.

See above. They're showing all the signs of a so far relatively peaceful colonization by China. Including behaviour in the native population often seen when a new group is slowly seizing power.
    What are you on? I want some.

What are you on? I want some.
    Apparently Chinese are the Mexicans of the South Pacific.

Deleted
    Netanyahu is just another Putin sycophant. The Trump-Putin-Erdogan-Netanyahu quartet is going to be a joy to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    That would be one thing if Israel's government didn't continuously shit on anything that would strengthen Israel/Palestine relations and the goal of a two state solution while brazenly denying it.
    Palestine literally will not speak with Israel for negotiations. I'm not sure how that is the fault of the Israelis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Kinda like the douche-baggery of going around Obama and addressing congress. I think this move is deserved. They've been acting like incredible spoiled brats, and these moves of recalling ambassadors and crap is just layering it on.
    How dare they want a seat at the table to negotiate their own future, instead of it being decided by the enemies and frenemies, such as Obama.

Will he be the 4th contender for the 2017 crazy-off?

Threaten to declare war on them?

No wait, thats Isreal.
    I wouldn't have went that far, but Bibi is known for his passion about Israel's safety.

I know he gets a bad rap because of his steadfast refusal to compromise with terrorists and because palestine is the world's "cause du jour," but he takes the safety of his people seriously.

You have to also consider:

Palestinians (and other related groups) have stated many times that they do not just want parts of Israel, they want the whole thing.

So when the UN says take away the settlements, that is just a "stepping stone" to the next demand- rinse and repeat. They will take as much land as they can through by manipulating the fools at the UN. What they can't take through the UN, they will then take by force.

Bibi called all of this in the early 1990's (including the terrorists using planes as weapons, as they did on 9/11). I forget what the book is called but it is still in print.

He called all of this and no one listened to him. He was totally right and the world (including the UN) was proven to be short sighted.

Why on Earth would he listen to them now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You act like this came out of nowhere. Israel has known for years it would come to this if they pushed on the illegal settlements.

This wasn't military action, the two aren't even close to comparable.
    Says you. Meanwhile all other people understand that it's not beneficial to the US, to have an outgoing president trying to undermine the incoming president, in regards to our foreign policy. This is not how prior presidents behaved. Also, prior presidents understood the important role the US has in the continued existence of Israel as a nation state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Israel is a spoiled brat with a victim complex. Their people were once mistreated, now they're in a place of power and they really can't handle it.

- - - Updated - - -

If we're all gonna argue that a place where our ancestors once lived still belongs to their descendants thousands of years later we'd have a lot of wars.
    You fail to see the issue. This is newly naming the Western Wall area as occupied Palestinian territory, which is new, and ridiculous, considering no Palestinians have ever lived there.

Says you. Meanwhile all other people understand that it's not beneficial to the US, to have an outgoing president trying to undermine the incoming president, in regards to our foreign policy. This is not how prior presidents behaved. Also, prior presidents understood the important role the US has in the continued existence of Israel as a nation state.
    I'm not sure what you are on about. We kinda established that the POTUS is the head of state of the United States and not of Israel, and his responsibilities lie with securing US interests, which include a two state solution for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and a peace deal with Iran.

The Israeli right wing has done everything in its power to sabotage both of those things, and thus the interests of the United States itself.

If anything, it is absolutely mindblowing that the US is willing to put up with the constant risk Israel poses to American interests, not to mention the constant backstabbing that comes out of Israel, which never ever even takes US interests into consideration.

I am all for a Jewish state, but the occupation is real, and the settlements are real. There is absolutely no way to reasonably justify the settlements as anything but a landgrab.

If you support Israel with its current politics, you are supporting occupation and ethnic cleansing.

- - - Updated - - -

You fail to see the issue. This is newly naming the Western Wall area as occupied Palestinian territory, which is new, and ridiculous, considering no Palestinians have ever lived there.
    Please stop lying. I already explain twice that this is not the case. This is the third time I'm pointing this out. Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We can get mad that Obama chose to not stand in the way, but that doesn't change the fact that the Israeli government is doing something pretty crappy. We ignored the apartheid in South Africa, because they were our allies. Israel is basically doing the same thing, I see no reason why we should defend oppression.
    Can you name a single Arab country, where Arabic Palestinians could move, where they would see an increase in their rights? As for apartheid, get serious man. They are occupied because they continue to attack civilians, and refuse to even speak to Israel for negotiations. This is what they want. If they want something different, they can stop launching rockets any day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Tijuana!
    We have been over this in the other thread. The resolution does no such thing!

This is a copy/paste of my reply to this from the other thread.

You either try to grapple with the facts or you change the argument you are making, don't just keep parroting a way out of context empty line.
    The 1967 borders also had the western wall settlements as non-Israel land. I don't know what you are on about...

Also, I fail to feel sorry for nations that literally started a war on the day the UN recognized Israel as a nation state. They have been repeatedly attacked by Arab nations, just for their desire to exist, and to do so in an area where there nearly no people when this all started.