Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Is that feature or a problem? I mean, maybe all the homeless like it.
    Is that why there are so many homeless in San Francisco? I figured it was the $3500 per month rent rates.

Is this still a thing in San Francisco?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    I figured it was the $3500 per month rent rates.
    More fake bullshit. Rents haven't been that low in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Is this still a thing in San Francisco?

It's spread across the whole state now, from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    More fake bullshit. Rents haven't been that low in years.
    Haha true.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The article is talking about property crimes. Violent crimes as a whole haven't increased, and gun crimes have decreased in SF.
    Crime in general have increased. Violent crime stayed the same, gun crime decreased with blunt object and knife crime went up.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Crime in general have increased. Violent crime stayed the same, gun crime decreased with blunt object and knife crime went up.
    Yeah, my point was that the guy I was responding to didn't even know what the article was about before posting.

Now, as I mentioned in an earlier post, crime has been trending down for decades now. This game of finding a year where it increased from the last is silly and a form of deception. There's no reason to expect things like this to be linear, i.e. why should we expect crime to decrease every single year? There are going to be years where it increases even if the overall trend is downward.

There's definitely something interesting about San Francisco since their property crime rates are usually higher than the rest of the nation. But it's really lazy to blame it on policies which aren't unique to San Francisco when other large cities with those policies don't have similar crime rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    It actually is the rape capital of the West, worldwide only Lesotho in southern Africa has higher rape rates.

- - - Updated - - -
    Point proven. GG with your lack of investigative prowess.

Spoiler: Sweden is not a rape capital, our report system is more inclusive of different kinds of sexual assault and our women aren't afraid to report to the police whenever they are assaulted. Doesn't need to be a full-on rape. Hope that wasn't too complicated for you but I suspect it was...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Wow this has become quite the shithole with all the blatant right wing propaganda.
    Almost as nice as "BestGore", where there's an entire section dedicated to the "Holohoax"... Willing to bet most of the usual suspects on here frequent that place regularly. Disgusting.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-12-28 at 12:44 PM.

The OP is just trying to get himself banned by posting bullshit, right?
    He's doing a good job.
    Last edited by Aggrophobic; 2016-12-28 at 12:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    visited SF about 8m ago, its a ces-pool of just pure nastyness. some sites where ok, but the rest, is just awful, wont go back, unless your in the elite rich and can afford to keep away from the bad stuff, ur just asking for problems. pretty much what happens when u go that far toward the liberal side. its all ok! pissing on the sidewalk, np, needles , just toss them, that town is nothing like it used to be, to much PC and SJW and liberal policys have just made a wreck, and now when Trump pulls fed. funds for being a city that harbors Illegal aliens, .well. its only going to get worse..

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    visited SF about 8m ago, its a ces-pool of just pure nastyness. some sites where ok, but the rest, is just awful, wont go back, unless your in the elite rich and can afford to keep away from the bad stuff, ur just asking for problems. pretty much what happens when u go that far toward the liberal side. its all ok! pissing on the sidewalk, np, needles , just toss them, that town is nothing like it used to be, to much PC and SJW and liberal policys have just made a wreck, and now when Trump pulls fed. funds for being a city that harbors Illegal aliens, .well. its only going to get worse..
    SF be like

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    This guy is a bad troll...nothing he posts deserves a reply.

Infracted: Please do not call other users trolls
    Never could understand this type of infraction where people get banned for trying to troll but we cannot call them trolls? Most strange moderation I have ever seen on any message board on the internet. Just so strange how that works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The OP is just trying to get himself banned by posting bullshit, right?
    He's doing a good job.
    Astronomical appreciation of private property due to international interest/talent and the founding of the world's first 21st century economic sector, technology, is liberal policy now.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    and now when Trump pulls fed. funds
    I'm not sure that's a game Trump wants to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The whole city smells like urine and poop.
    No you just stepped in your comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The article is talking about property crimes. Violent crimes as a whole haven't increased, and gun crimes have decreased in SF.
    The real fun thing is, the article's definition of "property crimes" are pretty common for any major city, regardless of how liberal it is. San Francisco also has an immense homeless population (due to SF's rather generous outreach toward homeless individuals, making it an ideal spot for the homeless to migrate to) which contributes to the whole piss and shit nature of some of those crimes. And it's not like SF doesn't try to combat it; even though there are public bathrooms right there on the sidewalks, I've seen a homeless guy take a dump on a BMW on Market Street.

But yeah, none of this has a direct link to liberal policies. The culture is different out there though, and property crimes in general (graffiti, peeing on a building, etc) aren't regarded as life or death. That said, the whole idea that there's poop clogging up elevators and escalators is complete horseshit. It's not even that bad in or around BART, where you'd really expect it.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Never could understand this type of infraction where people get banned for trying to troll but we cannot call them trolls? Most strange moderation I have ever seen on any message board on the internet. Just so strange how that works.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...orumrules_spam

Replying to a thread simply to call the author a troll (regardless of whether the post is actually trolling -- if you feel it is, please use the report button)
    We have this huge "Rules" button up top that you should probably read.

Anyway, let's not discuss moderator actions, if you have questions about moderation, PM a blue mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. I thouht mainstream media was bad, and here we get a bunch of Fox article.

Hmmm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    No you just stepped in your comic.
    Ohhhh. Shots taken!

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    It's a perfect example showing how the right-wing in America has become so disconnected from reality. If you are fed and consume a diet of crap like this everyday, then well you are not going to know what reality really is. But it gets worse, the main consumers of this bullshit are retirees. Often they don't have much contact with the outside world (being retired), and so aren't subject to the countervailing narrative that our real reality provides. So its exceptionally easy to turn them into mindless drones who believe the bullshit propaganda narrated linked in this article. That in turn is how we get a drooling idiot, Trump, made president.
    The left is just as disconnected if not moreso because they're relying on the above statement to justify their own crap while the above statement was true just for the right in the past, it no longer rings true for one side alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The left is just as disconnected if not moreso because they're relying on the above statement to justify their own crap while the above statement was true just for the right in the past, it no longer rings true for one side alone.
    Where's the equivalence? I always here snivelling from the right about this, but I have never seen a true equivalence to the delusions that are concocted almost daily from the right wing. The handlers of conservative media have become so efficient at creating fake bullshit for so long, that people such as yourself have to literally imagine the other side is doing this to reconcile your reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.