Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So Dupti and Largehorn. You both say yes the ability might assist scum, but you don't agree that it could only be a scum role. That's fine. You also don't want to assume that a non-toy is scum. Even though Jynx flipped exactly that.

What about my other points?

Do you think scum tried to kill Largehorn last night?

Except that's not what I said. I said that it could be a scum role, but I think it is more likely to be a town role given the circumstances.
    You and Graeham seem to believe it is a scum role because we once had a similar scum role in another game, yet choose to ignore the games where it was a town ability.

I haven't even talked about the non-toy thing today, but I did bring it up yesterday yes. Character claims should only be for flavor. Sometimes they will for obvious reasons be more important, but in that case scum should be given a fake claim.

Do I think scum tried to kill Largehorn? Uh, no idea.

You think it's more likely to be town just because of how powerful it is?
    Is a power heavy game. It seems likely to me that there are no VTs. Of course scum need some strong roles to balance it out.

Do you think what Largehorn did on day 2 was reasonable as a town player?

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    I don't fully trust Large but I don't think they'd make all the "non-toys" scum simply because it would only take a mass claim for them to lose. Usually they are given fake claims if thats the case. Besides, why would the king need to be in a cult? He's the king...

Vote Xanjori

He's xooting by
    You drunk? I'm like 3rd or something highest poster in this thread, I was an early pusher on Jynx day 2 and I've stayed active and argued with people. I mean the irony of this vote coming from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    Just because it was a bad play doesn't inherently mean that it was a non-town play. We've actually seen this kinda shit before from town players (although why people keep repeating the mistakes is beyond me.) Do you honestly think a scum would bring themselves so much attention, on day 2 of all days?

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    You think it's more likely to be town just because of how powerful it is?
    Is a power heavy game. It seems likely to me that there are no VTs. Of course scum need some strong roles to balance it out.
    No, I think it is more likely to be town for several reasons. I'd also like to mention I already had him leaning town after d1.

Anyway, it is honestly pretty simple. I do believe the ability is too strong for scum to have if the ability can be used multiple times. You can even argue that it's too powerful as a 1-shot ability, but I could see scum having it in that case.

In this specific scenario, I am more inclined to believe Largehorn has multiple uses because if he is scum I simply can't see why he would waste his ability d2 on saving Jynx. Perhaps if Jynx was a super strong role that he just had to save, but we know now that isn't really the case.
    So if Largehorn is scum, then I do not believe he would've used the ability then unless he has multiple uses, but seeing as I do not believe scum would ever get that ability, I believe it is more likely to come from a town.

This is actually a difficult question and I'm not sure it's worth discussing. But the thing is, if Largehorn is town then he has to use the ability based on what he knows and what he believes. If he is very confident that Graeham is scum and Jynx is town, then you could argue it's reasonable. But I'd rather ask you, when can it be considered reasonable? I think stopping a lynch from going through is always going to be considered questionable.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually Palawin imagine that Graeham is scum (which is still possible) and Jynx was town. Would that have made his play reasonable?

It's always easy to get back at Largehorn just because he was wrong, but you can't really blame people for having wrong reads. Sure I didn't agree with his reads, but that does not mean his play wasn't reasonable from his point of view.

I remember hard defending Catta when he was the GF, shit happens. The fact that Largehorn now had the power to stop the lynch doesn't really make it more suspicious if he is very confident in his reads.

Vote: Largehorn

I'm gonna go with my gut here. I still don't think Large would do what he did on D2 as town.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkz View Post
    Vote: Largehorn

I'm gonna go with my gut here. I still don't think Large would do what he did on D2 as town.
    This is just... I don't have words any more for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    This is just... I don't have words any more for this.
    I'm sorry if I'm mistaken buddy. But I simply can't follow the logic on this one.

I'm sorry if I'm mistaken buddy. But I simply can't follow the logic on this one.
    Guys... I can use my ability on myself. Can we not waste today?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't understand some of these votes on Large. Like yes was it a mistake to use that action on D2? Yes it was, however I can also see his logic behind doing it, imagine if you had to choose between saving a possible protection role or an unknown role, obviously the protection role would get saved. Yes I was kind of against it on D3 but after thinking about it I could understand the reasoning.

Also based on my gut

Vote: Xanjori

I'm getting mixed feelings from today's pushes.

For one, Largehorn has proven that he can stop any lynch he doesn't like, so scum or not spending a day trying to lynch him seems rather pointless, and I believe he may have honestly just made a mistake or hell - an educated guess - when he used his power earlier. Hell, I screw up alot in these games. I won't vote him.

Graeham jailed Largehorn, and nobody died. Therefore, Largehorn must be some sort of killing/converting scum? So wait a minute, not only is Largehorn able to end the day whenever he pleases, save anyone he pleases (including himself), but can also kill or convert people at night? Holy crap, that'd be a ludicrously powerful role.

As for Xanjori lynch, I don't feel like lynching another guy who posts about just as often as me. Just because a person doesn't post often doesn't mean that they can't contribute (see Uggor) just as much. In fact, this very much feels like a scum push to redirect attention away from scum... which would be Largehorn in this case. Except that if Large was scum, there would be no need to redirect attention from him in the first place, seeing how he is unlynchable. On the other hand, having more information from Xanjori's claim would be very helpful.

Vote: Xanjori

Can I get an explanation for Xanjori other than "gut feels" and Catta?

Would either of you (Listo/Val) be able to walk me through why your gut is saying Xanjori is scum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I get an explanation for Xanjori other than "gut feels" and Catta?

Would either of you (Listo/Val) be able to walk me through why your gut is saying Xanjori is scum?
    For me its mostly due to his "pushing" on Jynx yet to me it didn't feel like the pushing I would expect from him. But yeah most of it is just a gut feel on max.

Guys... I can use my ability on myself. Can we not waste today?

Thanks
    Then use it now, so Kryl can confirm it and I will switch my vote.

Thanks

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure I like this train forming on Xan. I cant seem to find anything thats points me to him being scum. He was proactive and town when it came to questioning Jynx (along with others).

Are people even following the thread,
    -catta with "he's xooting by" and didnt like Xan's opinion on toys/non-toys
    -listo I dont like the d2 results, but why try large if he can save himself. vote xan. gut-feel. yolo.
    -val with his random wall of shit in 431. Large can stop a lynch. Graeham jailed Large and no kill. Lets lynch someone that has a low post count like me (votes Xan with 3x the amount vice allow/monkz within a few)

Vote Allowyn
    Own shorthand notes are trying to paint people for things they didnt do. Maybe coming up with your own agenda?

Then use it now, so Kryl can confirm it and I will switch my vote.

Thanks
    Sure. I'll just end the day right now. Great move. >.>

Sure. I'll just end the day right now. Great move. >.>
    Honestly at this point I dont think you can, I think you're bullshitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    -val with his random wall of shit in 431. Large can stop a lynch. Graeham jailed Large and no kill. Lets lynch someone that has a low post count like me (votes Xan with 3x the amount vice allow/monkz within a few)
    That's not what I said...

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Honestly at this point I dont think you can, I think you're bullshitting.
    Sigh...

/10char

Sigh...

/10char
    Also, you don't actually need to write /10char, there are many many clever ways around the 10character rule.