Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which specs will do good/bad in Nighthold?

Any spec that gets flavoured in Nighthold?
    Who gets the dumpster?

Speaking from a nerf/buffs and encounter pov

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Any spec that gets flavoured in Nighthold?
    Who gets the dumpster?

Speaking from a nerf/buffs and encounter pov
    Translation:

"I want to be good so my raid doesn't cut me, and I need my spec to carry me, but I don't know what to reroll to. HELP PLZ!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Translation:

"I want to be good so my raid doesn't cut me, and I need my spec to carry me, but I don't know what to reroll to. HELP PLZ!"
    Or he is a raid lead trying to gather information on what classes to recruit, but I'm sure your troll response is really going to help get good discord going on this dudes innocent post....

I play resto druid myself so cannot contribute much on dps knowledge for Nighthold. Resto is looking awesome

I've seen some raid testing and Ele shamans are looking pretty strong in first three bosses (Only seen those bosses being raid tested) and hunters are always a good bet. I think arcane/fire mages will be pretty decent aswell. Shadow Priest is getting a nerf to their S2M but should still be pretty good in most fights.

If you have to ask this question you're not playing on a level where class performance makes much of a difference.

Shadow/Affliction/Moonkin are all pretty good on ptr

Shadow probably being the strongest multi dotter by a good margin.

Rogue will be still one of the strongest, like every patch.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should be able to sit all your hunters.

Rogue and Arms seem solid. So does Shadow, Ele, Boomkin and Affi. Not sure what else. I'm sticking with BM, Outlaw and Havoc.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Translation:

Lawl, the bitterness flows strong with you sir. Seems to be a common theme in your posts. He's clearly looking for help, yet your first instinct is to rage like a maniac to try and demean him. Good job kid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    If you have to ask this question you're not playing on a level where class performance makes much of a difference.
    Another excellent response. Gosh almighty, you're so good and cool
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    He's clearly looking for help
    Doubtful. Looking for a free ride is more like it.

Elemental is going to have our best raid tier since Firelands.

Deleted
    Translation:

No he asked you "what specs do you play to carry?".

I reckon elemental shaman, shadow priest, affliction lock, assassination rogue and, arms warrior will do well for NH.

I think ret will be OP.

I wouldn't bring a hunter unless there is some niche mechanic for them to handle.

Anyone know if there's a few Hunter mechanics to deal with? Probably is, asking because we currently don't have a hunter (I know right!?).

They're fixing the damage per point for assa rogues so should be much nicer on cleave/swapping etc with rupture.. I'd say assa will be strong still. Maybe sub will start to take over 900+.. not sure what else is good though. Arms, havoc and elemental I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    They're fixing the damage per point for assa rogues so should be much nicer on cleave/swapping etc with rupture.. I'd say assa will be strong still. Maybe sub will start to take over 900+.. not sure what else is good though. Arms, havoc and elemental I guess
    The rupture combo points won't change the game too much unless adds die within 28 seconds and not too quickly, otherwise you'd want to go 6 points rupture or nearly none anyway

imo assa will fall quite hard unless you have both bracer and the cloak, in which case you'll still be behind by stronger cleavers.

The only accurate way to know this is after the raid is released and the top players get the 4 pieces of the tier, since in the past some classes are strong without the tier pieces but fallen in the meters against some classes which his pieces are very strong(for example: In hellfire the case was the monk being strong without the pieces of the raid set but they fallen against the warlocks/mages with 4P)