Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    She can have a sex change operation any time she wants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    This statement right here allows me to take anything you say and just laugh. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.
    Wishful thinking. I actually do know what I'm talking about. Cute of you trying to deflect though, ain't gonna work.

If you are smart enough to use google, you can compare all the headlines of that weekend and the week after.

But I estimate you have the intellectual capacity of a 12 year old, thus you probably don't even know how to google in the first place.

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-12-28 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Biological disadvantages eh?

In 1993, rock climber Lynn Hill was the first person–male or female–to complete a free ascent of the Nose Route on Yosemite’s El Capitan.

Pamela Reed won the 2002 and 2003 Badwater Ultramarathon, a grueling, 135-mile race through the Mojave Desert. She followed up by becoming the first person–male or female–to run 300 miles straight without sleep. Her male rival Dean Karnazes, who won Badwater in 2004, attempted the 300-mile run twice and failed.

In 2010, Kelly Kulick became the first women to win a national tournament on the Professional Bowlers Association Tour, when she took first prize in the Tournament of Champions. She beat out 62 of the country’s top male bowlers to win the title.
    And before that and after that? Why do you find unique records done a single time and have no regular statistics that show this difference consistant?

Alex Honnold and Hans Florine broke the speed record of the Nose Route on Yosemite’s El Capitan (2:23:46). It was all males who broke the speed records. Not females. So how is that prove that females are identical strong and fast?

Let's check current and comparable events. Ultramarathon Indoors (so no weather or other stuff changing results):
    48H Indoor 390.024 km Traci Falbo (USA)
    48H Indoor 426.178 km Tony Mangan (IRL)
    Why was Traci so much slower than Tony?

BTW: Bowling is more about technique and not so much about physical strength and power. What's next? Poker and Dart?
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-12-28 at 07:43 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    This has been debunked many times already.

There have been finals where Serena has beaten the male viewership by similar numbers, but it really depends on the rivalry and who's playing. The problem with Serena is, she has a bigger social media presence than any of the male counterparts, but her matches when she is lit are so damn fast and not interesting to watch because unlike the male players she can completely annihilate her opponents in less than an hour.

Then there's the fact that Sharapova was paid more than men in the past but Serena wasn't, even though Serena was quadrupling Maria's wins year to year and back to back.

Also revenue from finals is pretty small. It's not as big as compared to winning a slam and being in every newspaper in the world on the front page. What you think dominated the news, Djokovic's final at wimbledon in viewers or Serena's feat of winning the legendary 22nd slam.

Let's be honest, nobody talked about Djokovic or even knew he had won when Serena won the day before him.
    Lmao maybe in America but not anywhere else

Ah yes, sexual dimorphism. That uncomfortable little fact of biology that completely dismantles any arguments feminists might try to make that women are equal to men in all things...including physical prowess...

Not saying that women can't be stronger than (some) men, but a physically fit and active male will always be significantly stronger and faster than a woman who is equally as fit and active.

10+ Year Old Account
    if she was a dude and as talented compared to her peers as she is with women, then yes, she probably would be considered one of the greatest tennis players ever.

now, if she was white blonde and pretty she would probably be a bigger star and more "marketable" and would have at least more money from endorsements. her percieved lack of recognition isnt a gender thing, but she should play the race card here instead imo.
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    now, if she was white blonde and pretty she would probably be a bigger star and more "marketable" and would have at least more money from endorsements. her percieved lack of recognition isnt a gender thing, but she should play the race card here instead imo.
    Why would an ice cream company advertise Pickles and Onions when their most popular flavor is Rocky Road? /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Stick to your guns, hombre. Don't let the knowledgeable world tell you how to think or feel!
    Let's be frank here I know shit about tennis so I can't say if the other guy is correct but if your post history is any evidence it's that you are most certainly not in he knowledgeable crowd for most things you comment on b
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Tough to take her seriously when she gets schooled by a 200 ranked male.

http://www.wearetennis.com/en_UK/#/2...s-sisters/1487

"At the 1998 Aussie open, Venus and Serena felt they could beat a man ranked around 200.

At 203 rank, Karsten braasch took up the challenge after a couple of rounds of golf and lager to warm up, and smoking cigarettes during the changeovers. He handily defeated them (1 set matches each) even though he had only one serve to their two. After the match they lowered their estimate to ATP top 350. Braasch was losing enough points to be at 350 the next week and offered to play them again. ( they declined)

He also said he was playing poorly like a 600 level player."
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    And before that and after that? Why do you find unique records done a single time and have no regular statistics that show this difference consistant?

Alex Honnold and Hans Florine broke the speed record of the Nose Route on Yosemite’s El Capitan (2:23:46). It was all males who broke the speed records. Not females. So how is that prove that females are identical strong and fast?

Let's check current and comparable events. Ultramarathon Indoors (so no weather or other stuff changing results):
    48H Indoor 390.024 km Traci Falbo (USA)
    48H Indoor 426.178 km Tony Mangan (IRL)
    Why was Traci so much slower than Tony?

BTW: Bowling is more about technique and not so much about physical strength and power. What's next? Poker and Dart?
    You do realize the things you cited are different events, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Ah yes, sexual dimorphism. That uncomfortable little fact of biology that completely dismantles any arguments feminists might try to make that women are equal to men in all things...including physical prowess...

Not saying that women can't be stronger than (some) men, but a physically fit and active male will always be significantly stronger and faster than a woman who is equally as fit and active.
    Not actually true...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    Tough to take her seriously when she gets schooled by a 200 ranked male.

http://www.wearetennis.com/en_UK/#/2...s-sisters/1487

"At the 1998 Aussie open, Venus and Serena felt they could beat a man ranked around 200.

At 203 rank, Karsten braasch took up the challenge after a couple of rounds of golf and lager to warm up, and smoking cigarettes during the changeovers. He handily defeated them (1 set matches each) even though he had only one serve to their two. After the match they lowered their estimate to ATP top 350. Braasch was losing enough points to be at 350 the next week and offered to play them again. ( they declined)

He also said he was playing poorly like a 600 level player."
    It's kind of hard to take that into consideration on how she'd do now, because she was, you know, a child at the time.

The thing is to some degree women's and men's tennis is two separate things. Sure she is probably the greatest women's tennis person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am the greatest beer drinker in all the lands. I have never competed with any other beer drinkers, but I know I am the greatest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    if she was a dude and as talented compared to her peers as she is with women, then yes, she probably would be considered one of the greatest tennis players ever.

She is not marketable because of her terrible attitude and her families (mostly her Dad) issues.

She plays the victim card and well.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Waaaaah, I was born with less physical potential than men, but I deserve just as much respect and people watching me in a physical sport!"

Deleted
    having a dic is so cool haha !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I guess she wants to play against men too huh, well let's have her do that and then we can talk about her being the greatest.

Women and men are separated in tennis you say? Well, shit. Oh but I'm sure that's just sexism. It isn't? Crap.
    You will forever NOT be the greatest because you can't compete with the men. But hey, I would love to be proven otherwise. So go ahead and try, Williams.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been proven? I'm not actually saying that men have a lower pain threshhold, but I would want you to support your statement if it's actually been proven.
    Well technically the origin was a completely unproven statement (since it can't be tested). So it's completely fair game to call it bullshit without having to prove them wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I've seen studies state this and that. It seems as you say highly subjective. Pain varies between individuals too, such as your background, your job and your mental state.
    It's also very important to not culture. Culture alters behavior and it's perfectly possible that it's in our culture for women to more often express pain. We all know that men aren't supposed to cry or complain.
    What I remember from an old biology book, men have a mental coping-mechanism for dealing with pain.

As long as we're occupied with a task, pain signals are blocked/lessened. That's why the man-flu is a thing, it renders us incapable of keeping ourselves occupied to block out the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Oh FYI : She has beaten the entire ATP where it counts, she has a career, much bigger than the entirety of them combined.
    Has Serena gotten more or less publicity then the top Female Tennis players of the past? Has she gotten more or less accolades then the top Female Tennis players of the past?

She is a female tennis player and has been judged among the top female tennis players. You cant judge her to be the top Tennis player in the world or even the best of all time when she hasnt played the top mens tennis player and the top 250 mens player she did play beat her. You cant possibly be considered greatest of all time in your sport when you cant beat the top 250 of mens. I mean, come on, really? Really?
    Last edited by petej0; 2016-12-28 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    The quote in the article is 'whether she is one of sports’ all-time greats'. And essentially she is saying if she achieved what she did as a bloke the would be not debate, which is true. And that she finds it wierd that there is even a conversation about here being an all time great. Which is true because she is.

Just look at the retards in this thread and you can see what she means.
    The only reason she dominates her sport at all is because female sports have a smaller pool of skilled competitors to pick from.

And the best female ones are usually those who most closely resembles males by their hormonal makeup; I.E. PEDs, or just naturally androgenous.

Same reason it's easier to dominate in the para-sports. Much smaller scope of competitors. Just look at female MMA, you've got teachers and kindergarten teachers who trained for a couple of years at hobby at the damn top of the sport. Where their male counterparts have decades of training, and the best are the ones who quit working regular jobs to train all day, every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    It's kind of hard to take that into consideration on how she'd do now, because she was, you know, a child at the time.
    And hasnt taken up any other offers.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...ld-be-fun.html

Serena is certainly one of the all time greats, but she isn't the best athlete period. Serena has been battling this idea that men can be and are better at athletics for a long time, seeing how in 1998 they had the battle of the sexes where the Williams sisters said they could beat any man outside of the top 200. Rank 203 guy accepts challenge and pretty much wipes the floor with them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...lliams_sisters

Just look at swimming. Katie Ledecky absolutely crushed her competition in the olympics (remember this camera pan? http://9gag.com/gag/an17nKV/this-cam...f-the-olympics), but the world records she holds are still a pretty big margin slower than the mens.
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2016-12-28 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Because the best is an absolute. The fastest running person on earth is a male and the fastest human female is not even in the top 100 of the male 100 meter dash sprinters. If she doesn't want to make or see any difference between males and females, she would like to compete with Andy Murray P. or Novak Djokovic P. to show that she is "the greatest" and not "just" the greatest female tennis player? This argument goes both ways. If you want complete equality, we also need to measure equally. If you accept, that the human female has biological disadvantages that are impossible to overcome with training compared to equal fit and trained males, then you have to accept that you are the "the best FEMALE" in this sport and not "the best" Period.
    we can end this thread with this statement, there is nothing more to add, well said!