Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    No thank you. Darker skin colors in women is ugly as fuck.
    You misunderstand. Currently, there are many differences. But in say 1,000 years, if you were raised then, you may not think that way as there may not be multiple skin pigments. Or if there are, they may only vary slightly.

Current you can absolutely have that preference, but if you didn't live in a world with such differences, I think you would have a different opinion.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You misunderstand. Currently, there are many differences. But in say 1,000 years, if you were raised then, you may not think that way as there may not be multiple skin pigments. Or if there are, they may only vary slightly.

Current you can absolutely have that preference, but if you didn't live in a world with such differences, I think you would have a different opinion.
    You're just straight out wrong. This is not how it works. For this to happen, it would need to be every generation getting kids with darker skinned people and the paler skinned not getting any kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been really interested in my own heritage lately. I've not had any connection to my father's family and only known very little on my mother's side. My mother in law has been doing a lot of digging for me to see what she can find (she's been doing this type of research for decades), so I've learned a lot only very recently. I actually just took a DNA test on Monday and I'm waiting for my results. I'm pretty excited to finally know a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're just straight out wrong. This is not how it works.
    Can you explain?

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you explain?
    That's not how it's passed down. Have you even seen kids who are mixed? It's a roll of the dice with white/black mix. With white/asian mix it's usually lighter skin tones. Can't speak for asian/black as I've never really seen that.

I mean, the luk kreung I've seen... If they don't have strong thai features I can mistake many of them for being white.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2016-12-28 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    DNA testing shocks college students
    They did this DNA testing on White, the Black in Africa found that most of white had a percentage of black DNA.

Can we close this thread or can we discuss the fact that origins of the humanoid through hundred of centuries now are under the oceans and that afrocentrism is a lie ?

Are all animals and vegetals africans too ? Are the mammoth and polar bear and kangaroo africans too ?
    Actually the first mammoth species was Mammuthus subplanifrons or the South African Mammoth. As its name suggests, it was native to most of Southern and Eastern Africa during the Pilocene.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    If you find that interesting check out this - Asians have twice the neanderthal dna as Europeans http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/sc...d-in-asia.html

- - - Updated - - -

You're still not making a cogent statement
    All non-Sub Saharan Africans (excluding Cushites like Ethiopians and Somalis) have some Neanderthal DNA.

I was actually talking to an Ethiopian-American man who was roughly 2% Neanderthal.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    All non-Sub Saharan Africans (excluding Cushites like Ethiopians and Somalis) have some Neanderthal DNA.

I was actually talking to an Ethiopian-American man who was roughly 2% Neanderthal.
    Just interesting people usually think of europeans as the ones to mingle with neanderthals, when asians have twice as much as them. Apparently east africans intermingled with non-africans at some point so some like ethiopians have up to 20% european dna

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Just interesting people usually think of europeans as the ones to mingle with neanderthals, when asians have twice as much as them. Apparently east africans intermingled with non-africans at some point so some like ethiopians have up to 20% european dna
    I think I read somewhere about Ethiopians having an amazing level of ancestry from the Arabian Peninsula. Just look at this girl's DNA results.

I was studying my geneology earlier this year and was disappointed that everything I could find was already told to me by my family. I guess I should be happy that my family kept track of their heritage, but it would've been fun to find anything new. If I did a DNA test it would be cool to learn something new, but I don't want to spend money on shit I already know.
    X

Maybe, or maybe he would just have a sex-bot built to look like a woman from the 1000 year old historical video called "Debbie Does Dallas". Assuming records are maintained and video and pictures exist of what current people look like you may still have a preference even if in a thousand years everyone looks more or less the same.

Deleted
    I did the Ancestry DNA testing three years ago.

~70% Scandinavian, 22% Central European, 6% Iberian and 2% South East Asian.

I'm Latvian.

I think I read somewhere about Ethiopians having an amazing level of ancestry from the Arabian Peninsula. Just look at this girl's DNA results.
    Those tests are pretty meaningless and unscientific. Commercial DNA tests that claim to tell people whether they are related to Richard III or descended from the Vikings are no more than "genetic astrology", scientists have warned.

"As a result, almost every Briton is a descendant of Viking hordes, Roman legions, African migrants, Indian Brahmins, or anyone else they fancy.”
    His colleague Prof Mark Thomas said: "These claims are usually planted by the companies that provide these so-called tests and are not backed up by published scientific research. This is business, and the business is genetic astrology.”
    Tracey Brown, Director of Sense About Science added: “Genetics researchers are telling us that you are better off digging around in your loft than doing a DNA ancestry test if you want to find out about your family tree."
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    That woman is stunning.

Deleted
    Genetics are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    DNA testing shocks college students
    They did this DNA testing on White, the Black in Africa found that most of white had a percentage of black DNA.

Can we close this thread or can we discuss the fact that origins of the humanoid through hundred of centuries now are under the oceans and that afrocentrism is a lie ?

Are all animals and vegetals africans too ? Are the mammoth and polar bear and kangaroo africans too ?
    I'm really confused by what you're trying to say here. There is very strong physical evidence that Cro Magnons originated in Africa. Not that it's totally relevant to this article, which is about much more recent ancestry.

- - - Updated - - -

You're just straight out wrong. This is not how it works. For this to happen, it would need to be every generation getting kids with darker skinned people and the paler skinned not getting any kids.
    I think you misunderstand. He's saying that in time, skin colors will be more intermediate than what they are now. Assuming that we continue to have interracial marriages, this is more or less certain to occur over the next 1000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    What a surprise that it's been so long, people forgot where they came from, yet tout nationality and embrace severe ideals to a place where they have no connection to.

Blood never lies.

Same trend applies to Christians, Muslims, Hindus, and every country on the planet.
    Neither religion nor nationality have anything to do with blood. They're have more in common with the boy scouts (that is to say a club) than they do with ethnicity/race.

Agreed. we draw strange borders between areas.

Funny enough, when you discuss with people from New Jersey where Central New Jersey is, many will say it doesn't exist. There is only North, and South. Which is pretty silly in my opinion. There are more nautical directions than just North and South. But for some reason, people want to divide it into something like two factions of people from New Jersey. Considering we are one of the smallest states in the U.S., it I find it extra silly to divide us as it there is such a huge cultural difference between the two.
    The US is a North and a South and an East and a West. Anything that isn't one of those extremes might as well not exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    I think you misunderstand. He's saying that in time, skin colors will be more intermediate than what they are now. Assuming that we continue to have interracial marriages, this is more or less certain to occur over the next 1000 years.
    No, it's not going to happen. Have you seen what mixed people look like? My experience: White/asians get very pale. Black/white gets paler than the black parent but a bit darker than white parent but kids to them become pretty much as pale as the white parent if they get a kid with someone white. Black/asian I can't speak for as I have never really seen it.

Also, interracial marriage is like, really uncommon, even more so outside of the western cultural sphere. In many countries it's frowned heavily upon to marry outside your ethnicity or racial group. See koreans for this.

For as a pronounced change as he's suggesting to even happen you would need to actively select for darker skin. This isn't happening. Black people are the least liked in interracial marriages, of the few that do happen. You're gonna have a hard time selling darker skinned people to people who grew up in the east or southeast asian cultures as dark skin is considered ugly compared to pale skin.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2016-12-28 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    lol @ colonies. Purebreed germanic -francian here, with church records back to 1263.

I aim pretty sure i have some % african dna, because humankind developed in africa.

And as a biologist i can tell u that this kind of "dna heritage" is absolute bullshit from a scientific point of view. The variance in non-coding Dna from Human to Human is bigger than from Human to Chimpansee or Orang Utan.
    And as an actual biologist, I can tell you that SNPs are often bundled so that ethnic origin can be accurately predicted. Moreover, percentages of African (and other) DNA are calculated based on the divergence of ethnic groups, not shared ancestors; as in, you would only have African DNA as a 'pure' Caucasian if you developed those SNPs de novo (rarely - but could explain 1-2% match with African SNPs depending on SNP ethnic cutoffs) or if there was interbreeding between modern ethnic groups.

Finally, variation between humans is an irrelevant oversimplification, especially since most of our DNA is noncoding garbage/transposon traps. SNPs under positive selection can be ubiquitous within a population. These are the data points that these kinds of genetic tests look at. The rest is noise.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Most people don't really do THAT much digging. They base their heritage off their existing skin color, last name, and what their family members claim they are. Why this article is really interesting. Most people would probably be shocked unless they have a super documented family tree going back a few hundred years.
    Mine follows that road, my family history has been traced back some 350 years, with a few legitimate dead ends. My grandfather on my mother's side was a Mormon and he spent a significant amount of time tracing back his family history as well as doing some digging on my dad's side. Suffice to say my family history is entirely white as far back as the 16th century, with my fathers family history ending with his last name on a war memorial somewhere in Scotland, while the records of the ancestory and their predecessors were destroyed in a church fire. My mom's family origins are more amusing, as the trace ends at a maid who served the Duke of York and had an illegitimate child with him at one point in history. I don't need DNA tests to tell me my history, I have enough family history to suggest that I am whiter than Wonderbread. The Mormon Church has a lot of records on genealogy and family history, which is why my late grandfather was able to dig up so much information.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2016-12-28 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    you sureley dont have a degree on antropology.
    I am talking about geology and topography and the fact that oceans were A LOT LOWER than today... and don't ask for evidence if you know that glaciers were all over the usa and europe and asia a few dozen of thousand years ago, and by glaciers i means a thick 1kilometer+ of thick.

I am living near the ocean in france, and I can tell you that if the ocean were just 5 meters lower, this would permanently emerged more than 5 kilometers straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    We are all from Africa.
    NON, according to the logic and those topographic map, or google map, the migration routes are all wrong, especially if you go beyond 100 000 years ago.

https://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/topo/p...OBALeb3col.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...aphy_15min.png

https://www.google.fr/maps/@39.96689.../data=!3m1!1e3

The north sea is about 180-200 meters deep, the colour generally on maps is light blue, and you can expand this to the whole map. You can nearly walk from indonesia to australia barefoot if the ocean is 250 meters lower than today.

But look gilbraltar especially, this give a hint. The measure of Gilbraltar under water in about 1000 meters, but all around, it is in the 200 meters range... so let's talk about the deluge, now, 6000 years ago approximativaly, they say. Some scientists are say that the mediterranean sea was dry maybe 6 millions years ago but, according to the constant rising of ocean and topography, this is all wrong.

Look this, maybe the whole video.... and ask yourself, everything is in the detail.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWe...youtu.be&t=182

Do you really think that the Mediterranean sea as always been flooded, or it was millions of years ago.... clearly no.

10000 years ago you cold go from marocco to spain barefoot.

You can criticize me, but prove it. AND on top of this, THIS CAN'T SHOW all the erosion, because it's gone.

The lack of details and history about the topography is really weird, and your "" famous travelling roads "" of the humankind migration which never embrace the real topography of their time, make it completely fucked up and ideological... that's not reasonable and can't be acceptable.

Actually the first mammoth species was Mammuthus subplanifrons or the South African Mammoth. As its name suggests, it was native to most of Southern and Eastern Africa during the Pilocene.
    Actually a name invented by humans doesn't create the real truth.

How can you prove that the first modification of a being is possible when all the land have been completely fucked by the wildfire practices all over the world... especially on a land so completely fucked up than you can't even have a small canopea to protect your skin from the sun.

South Africa to France.... ? Let me give you another possibility... Fuck the migration, everything is about environment, so the Glaciers were everywhere in north america and europe north asia... but it was the same in the south.

So it would be reasonable to think that the climate was as cold in south africa as it was in france during the "" Ice age ""... So the same occurrence and body modification become logical.

And tell me more about the sahara and how you can't prove that things were spontaneous born in the sahara before it was the death zone ?

Tell me more about the world geology and topography 6 millions years ago...

Telling me, where the very first iteration of a lookalike mammoth is, when people are still asking what are the real natural food for their intestines, believing in the calories propaganda, meaning we don't know shit about flora and fauna even within us...... don't expect me to believe that those re-search are believable.

Afrocentrism is a ideononlogical propaganda.