Quote Originally Posted by Team View Post
    Okay thanks. So with this legendary, Hailstorm Talent is pretty much mandatory but without it, it's not AND you shouldn't use Frostbrand at all if you don't have Hailstorm/that legendary?
    I would take hailstorm regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I would take hailstorm regardless.
    Cheers, am inspecting all the other Shamans around me and they all have Hailstorm.

One last question to all of you,

How much haste do you have and what's your ilvl?

Thanks in advance

7+ Year Old Account
    Cheers, am inspecting all the other Shamans around me and they all have Hailstorm.

Thanks in advance
    882 19% haste

Thanks in advance
    Hailstorm is worth about 3% dps over AS on the sims which is why most people spec the talent even if they don't have either of the legendaries. Next patch (hopefully) hailstorm will be worth about the same or less then AS or LS so only people with the legendaries that rely on frostbrand being active will be speccing it.

If it's an alt I'd stick with storm tempests and run AS if I was mainly running M+. The additional cleave/AE being worth more then increased LL damage.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Im not 100% sure but I think maintaining frostbrand buff is part of the rotation regardless of talents, talents just makes it higher priority but you still want the buff.
    Its not. Its only part of the rotation IF you have Hailstorm skilled. Otherwise there are no benefits in terms of damage output.
    @Team Use Hailstorm for singletarget and if you have enough haste. Akainus, while not the best, is still OKAY for a DPS increase when you need to use LL. I have around 18.62% haste in 889.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouncer View Post
    Hailstorm is worth about 3% dps over AS on the sims which is why most people spec the talent even if they don't have either of the legendaries. Next patch (hopefully) hailstorm will be worth about the same or less then AS or LS so only people with the legendaries that rely on frostbrand being active will be speccing it.

If it's an alt I'd stick with storm tempests and run AS if I was mainly running M+. The additional cleave/AE being worth more then increased LL damage.
    You missed the point where they've also reduced AS' hastegain. HS is probably only going to compete against Lightning Shield, but we should wait for some actual sims if thats the case.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-12-28 at 08:13 PM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    You missed the point where they've also reduced AS' hastegain. HS is probably only going to compete against Lightning Shield, but we should wait for some actual sims if thats the case.
    Nope, knew about that. The nerf to AS and the nerf to HS just puts them both in the same ballpark as LS.

No, the Hailstorm nerf is just quite a bit bigger than the AS nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    No, the Hailstorm nerf is just quite a bit bigger than the AS nerf.
    Seriously? Welp, time to get my Lightning shield button ready.
    No seriously though, how good will Lightning Shield be after the nerfs? I absolutely despise that talent, and since I have akainus I'm probably still forced to play with Hailstorm anyways.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-12-28 at 09:19 PM.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Its not. Its only part of the rotation IF you have Hailstorm skilled. Otherwise there are no benefits in terms of damage output.
    @Team Use Hailstorm for singletarget and if you have enough haste. Akainus, while not the best, is still OKAY for a DPS increase when you need to use LL. I have around 18.62% haste in 889.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouncer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Macewindfury View Post
    882 19% haste
    Cheers to all of you on this thread who helped me, so fucking helpful! Thanks again

Just to clarify, they HAD to nerf AS due to the stat squish or it would have been way too good.

I recently got the legendary wrists for me enha alt (Akainu's Absolute Justice) and I was wondering if they make Lava Lash my primary Maelstrom dump over Crash Lightning in single target? I did some napkin math and it seems to now do more dmg for each Maelstrom used. Just looking for confirmation that was my napkin math right or am I missing something.

LL does more damage than CL with Aikanus and also will by default once 7.1.5 comes out. The issue though is that CL procs Stormbringer while LL does not.
    It's possible that in 7.1.5 then LL with Aikanus will replace CL as your MS dump, or perhaps even without it, nobody is quite certain on that score yet, but on Live it doesn't edge out the benefit of increased procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    LL does more damage than CL with Aikanus and also will by default once 7.1.5 comes out. The issue though is that CL procs Stormbringer while LL does not.
    It's possible that in 7.1.5 then LL with Aikanus will replace CL as your MS dump, or perhaps even without it, nobody is quite certain on that score yet, but on Live it doesn't edge out the benefit of increased procs.
    4 piece gives LL the ability to proc stormbringer, that's why it will overtake cl in single target

Quote Originally Posted by Rockerto View Post
    4 piece gives LL the ability to proc stormbringer, that's why it will overtake cl in single target
    I... meant to write that into my post but it looks like I didn't anywhere. That was the whole point of posting.
    Whoops!

But yeah, with the 4 set LL has twice the SB proc rate of CL, so you'll stop using CL entirely on one target if you have the 4 set.

Since Nighthold is coming closer, did anyone actually take a look at trinkets? Also, which setpieces do we take?
    I'm asking this because my raidlead wants everyone in our raid to have a bis list ready.

Also, Relics. Are we actually going to use lava lash relics or the two Wind Surge and one Weapons of the Elements relic that I've just searched via wowdb?

*tips m'fedora*

Wind Strikes is still going to be the best relic (better than on live in fact), which is unfortunate because you'll have to source all of them from m+ and older content.
    Wind Strikes is worth approximately 6 weapon item levels. All other traits which provide DPS are worth about one and a half.

Trinkets haven't been simmed yet, but the ones to watch will be Convergence of Fates and Everblooming Frond. Fury of the Sky and Star Gate might also be decent, but probably not BiS.

In terms of which pieces we want... well, the stat priority isn't really changing much. You can do that work for yourself :P
    It will depend obviously on what legendaries you have too, as some of them overlap.

Wind Strikes is still going to be the best relic (better than on live in fact), which is unfortunate because you'll have to source all of them from m+ and older content.
    Wind Strikes is worth approximately 6 weapon item levels. All other traits which provide DPS are worth about one and a half.

Trinkets haven't been simmed yet, but the ones to watch will be Convergence of Fates and Everblooming Frond. Fury of the Sky and Star Gate might also be decent, but probably not BiS.

In terms of which pieces we want... well, the stat priority isn't really changing much. You can do that work for yourself :P
    It will depend obviously on what legendaries you have too, as some of them overlap.
    So most stuff basically isn't changing in that part. Good to know.
    I just wasnt sure if the LL relics are actually getting better now, since the 4 piece is quite decent. As far as I can tell, there are 2 relics with Wind Strikes on them, one being a fire and a iron relic. The only relic that doesn't have the WF bonus on it, are the storm relics, so I guess we aren't that unlucky.

Personally I've currently chosen those items:

Helm of Shackled Elements
    Cloak of Shackled Elements
    Pauldrons of Shackled Elements
    Arcanochitin Hauberk
    Stinger Resistant Bracers
    Sterilizer's Insulated Gauntlets
    Emblazoned Duskwatch Belt
    Leggings of Shackled Elements
    Sabatons of Burning Steps

Ringwise there is only one that is pretty okay, and that is Gul'dans Ring of the Scoured Clan; the other options usually have another stat that we dont want. Neckwise, I'm still not sure about Talisman of the Shal'dorei or the Zealous Timestone Pendant.

Any input? I've been going mostly after Mastery and Haste on most gear, without thinking about legendaries so far. I guess Akainus is a easy replacement for the wrist that I choose, and the Eye of the twisting nether is a decent one for the second ringslot.

I think most of the items are OKAY, but I'd like to have some more discussion about it first before I'll get my list ready for my raidlead

Edit: btw, nice typo. Was wondering what the hell everblooming Frond is... its Nightblooming Frond :P
    Last edited by Darleth; 2017-01-03 at 12:15 AM.

*tips m'fedora*

Don't confuse Wind Strikes and Wind Surge.
    Wind Strikes, the best in slot relic, is the one that means that you gain bonus attack speed after Stormbringer procs.
    Wind Surge, merely a passable relic, is the one that increases the damage of Windfury.

Last I checked, there were no Wind Strikes relics in Nighthold at all.
    For best in slot relics, you'll need titanforged Mythic+ relics from Maw of Souls and Darkheart Thicket (Storm and Fire) and then for Iron you'll have to turn to one of Karazhan, Trial of Valor, or the world boss Humongris.

There is going to be an m+ version of Karazhan, which will make that relic more accessible, but I think that's patch 7.2 not 7.1.5.

It's also worth noting that while our secondary stat priority doesn't change overmuch, the exception is that the value of agility soars. Item level is going to be king more often than not on all items that aren't trinkets or relics.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2017-01-03 at 12:19 AM.

Don't confuse Wind Strikes and Wind Surge.
    Wind Strikes, the best in slot relic, is the one that means that you gain bonus attack speed after Stormbringer procs.
    Wind Surge, merely a passable relic, is the one that increases the damage of Windfury.

Last I checked, there were no Wind Strikes relics in Nighthold at all.
    For best in slot relics, you'll need titanforged Mythic+ relics from Maw of Souls and Darkheart Thicket (Storm and Fire) and then for Iron you'll have to turn to one of Karazhan, Trial of Valor, or the world boss Humongris.

There is going to be an m+ version of Karazhan, which will make that relic more accessible, but I think that's patch 7.2 not 7.1.5.

It's also worth noting that while our secondary stat priority doesn't change overmuch, the exception is that the value of agility soars. Item level is going to be king more often than not on all items that aren't trinkets or relics.
    Oh ffs... yeah I just did that with wind strikes. Doh. Gonna change that stuff in my list then. Thanks for the correction, would've looked pretty stupid.
    About the second part: thats what I thought. So it's still going to be ilvl > because of stats, but if you're unlucky go with everything that has haste + mastery on it.

I'm trying to get more of a BiS list with secondary stats together. I'm probably going to edit that in that higher itemlevels are usually always a better upgrade than Best in Slot stats on them. Other than that I'm personally hoping that the list is still pretty solid and could help some people with finding some good gear (besides getting lucky m+ or WF/TF drops). Afterall we're all playing the same class and should help each other out more on that stuff.

*tips m'fedora*

Hailstorm will be good? or better AS, read us, but see that dont is good