Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Mythic+ without lockout being a problem
    Throughput legendaries being a problem
    AP grinding being a problem
    I honestly don't see 1+3 being a problem. 2 either for that matter but I accept the rest of the community does.

AP "grinding" and mythic+ without lockouts I quite enjoy. I spend more time ingame doing M+ than anything else. And I rarely run keys below 10 now because I'm in it for difficult stuff rather than to grind MoS 24/7. I don't feel like my playstyle should suffer because of people that gorge at the all you can eat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This is where I started laughing
    say what you want. fielding 40-25 people, attuning them all, balancing a roster around class buffs and individual specialties ( not the homogenized garbage we have since wrath) and finding/retaining players to compete at that level, even for a top 10,50 or 100 raider like myself, or WORLD FIRST like Nihilum.
    was far harder.

enjoy what you are doing and your world firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post

I guess they said they couldn't keep up with all the people leaving the game and finding replacements for them.
    Actually per the longer explanation:

We had both old and new members just quitting mid progress, a lot due to aweful attitude and atmosphere during raids, raids were just no fun and people saw no reason to give enough fucks. Last time we progresses Helya, we had 9 people that were present on our Xavius kill, meaning more than half the raid team are new people.
    So while the attendance may have been a means to an end, it doesn't look like it was because of the game itself, it was per own words, players with awful attitudes.

7+ Year Old Account
    If anything I think this is an indication of the "hardcore" attitude of WoW getting pushed to the side. It is just a game after all.

Anyone who thinks it has something to do with an overall trend of people quitting legion, are a bit off base.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so some random guild that achieved nothing quit game and we should care because ?
    lol

you don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Didn't they already quit, like, two or three times already? >.>
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh man yeah they really deserve respect for something 12 years ago.
    So after your logic people like Einstein, Mozart, Fleming dont deserve respect anymore?
    Stupids these days....only stupids everywhere......

Former top guild Nihilum done raiding
    I was sure they stopped raiding years ago. Anyway, who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    OK cool?

So how many people are going to use this as confirmation bias as to their "OMG LEGUN IS DA WORSSSTT!!"
    But Legion is the worst. Just like WoD was the worst, and how MoP definitely was the worst. And Cata, don't even get me started on that. Oh and WotLK SUCKS. TBC MADE THE GAME EASY!!! AND VANILLA WAS THE WORST OF THEM ALL GRAAAAH!
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

These are the people who can't stop shouting how much the game sucks every expansion yet they keep coming back. No surprise there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So after your logic people like Einstein, Mozart, Fleming dont deserve respect anymore?
    Stupids these days....only stupids everywhere......
    I mean, they deserve respect because they challenged their respective fields.... Nihilum are a bunch of video game playing nerds... Big difference. But you're right, there are stupids everywhere. There's a stupid on your computer right now!
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Never really understood the competitive raiding scene, but people do not understand how I enjoy fantasy football. At least I win $1000 for the Superbowl. What do you get for being world 71st Mythic kill?
    Yeah some people aren't competitive when it comes to the game. For me currently, this a primary hobby (playing the game) and specifically, competing in the Top 50 US race (and now being top 100 world).

Quote Originally Posted by Mawnix View Post
    "Does not confirm nor deny anything about the game"

"People are leaving in droves"

Kek.

EDIT: Ayyyyyy 10,000, and what a post to respond to for it.
    I mean, if you feel it isn't true, then that's fine. My *personal opinion* is that people ARE leaving in droves, faster than any other expansion. WoW is old. People don't want to commit to guild/progression raiding like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by charizma View Post
    well they were world 15 just last tier, so I would say that is achieving 'something'. they also streamed progression and a lot of people enjoyed watching them and rikh raid. So I think it is news and worthy of a thread.
    when you cant compete for the top, streaming your progress is the last attempt at trying to get some sort of fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Actually per the longer explanation:

So while the attendance may have been a means to an end, it doesn't look like it was because of the game itself, it was per own words, players with awful attitudes.
    Isn't that what I said, lol? Between Mythic Xavius and Mythic Helya, they had replaced over half of their raid team. In this day and age, you just can't pull top-50 players out of nowhere and expect to succeed. They said both new and old players were quitting the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the smell of WoW drama in midnight.

Ok but seriously... Who cares anyway? Im done looking at this stupid world first race i guess? After Garrosh on MoP so i loose nothing in watching that so called. "Race" Also it's amuses me, why people said Legion is the worst expac, because of Nihilum quiting. I lol'd hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I honestly don't see 1+3 being a problem. 2 either for that matter but I accept the rest of the community does.

AP "grinding" and mythic+ without lockouts I quite enjoy. I spend more time ingame doing M+ than anything else. And I rarely run keys below 10 now because I'm in it for difficult stuff rather than to grind MoS 24/7. I don't feel like my playstyle should suffer because of people that gorge at the all you can eat.
    Then you are gimping your raid by not doing the optimal thing.

..you know how these things work at the top guilds - your playstyle doesn't matter. Everything is sacrificed for the "progression".
    It's all completely self-fabricated of course, but hey ho. That's the "progression mindset" for you.
    It's a problem when the game devs who really should know better put in designs that they know will harm the the playerbase.

Personally I don't see why people care so much about other guilds at all, whether they get world first or they're done with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    A lot of needless hate ITT.

What resonated for me was how the raiding meta is squeezing the life out of people who previously enjoyed progression.

In Legion, most of your gear and character progression happens outside of raid. It sucks if that's not the value you derived from the game.
    That's only the case if speed of progression is more important than enjoyment of the game.

It has gotten worse over the years as they've moved more and more of the game from logistical and social difficulty to almost purely gear-and-skill difficulty, but it's still possible to continue to progress using only raiding and casual outside content... it simply takes longer than many 'hardcore' players want it to. Of course, if one pursued that more-elongated time line, content would be more likely to last.

For years, beyond a point, there was only raiding for character progression. Legion has well-and-truly broken that paradigm, but at the cost of testing raiders' resolve. The only things Blizzard can do (Go back to raiding-only end game/combine raid and mythic+ lockouts/contrived raid/5man/pvp stats) would all feel far worse for far more people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    It's a problem when the game devs who really should know better put in designs that they know will harm the the playerbase.
    They've chosen to 'harm' 0.001% of the player base in order to empower the rest of it.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    say what you want. fielding 40-25 people, attuning them all, balancing a roster around class buffs and individual specialties ( not the homogenized garbage we have since wrath) and finding/retaining players to compete at that level, even for a top 10,50 or 100 raider like myself, or WORLD FIRST like Nihilum.
    was far harder.

enjoy what you are doing and your world firsts.
    You are mixing time consuming with hard. That's two different things.