Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Please do explain how 'hoeing it up' merits being treated like garbage?
    Hoes are garbage so people treat you badly? Sounds pretty straigth-foward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Everyone is entitled to feel whatever they want to feel. No one is entitled to demand people stop talking about them or demand people talk to them.
    Well actually yes, they can. Now whether they obey it or not is another thing, but a person always has the right to ask someone to stop something involving them.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    But its perfectly fine to objectify yourself on an album cover, or a video for more sales? Its perfectly fine to objectify yourself on a magazine cover or spread for money. I get it, its ok for you to take advantage of objectification when it suits you.
    It's ok to sell yourself when you want to.

If you are not selling yourself at THIS MOMENT, no one should be allowed to to treat you as if you are.

That's like banging on the door of a closed store. The cops are going to come drag you to jail if you do that.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-12-28 at 10:01 PM.

Yes, and no woman, EVER, felt jealous over Victoria Beckham banging David Beckham for example.

I'm pretty sure we've had threads on this fucking site dedicated to lusting over male celebrities by both women and gay men.

Once again another retarded female celebrity, unable to correctly understand basic social norms , invents her own and kicks a fuss up over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well actually yes, they can. Now whether they obey it or not is another thing, but a person always has the right to ask someone to stop something involving them.
    Someone talking doesn't involve you. They are the ones talking, not you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone talking doesn't involve you. They are the ones talking, not you.
    if its about me and is less than 5 feet away from me, it involves me. Doubly so when its directed to someone I'm currently with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post

Because of how rap works ( At least within black communities, these people are not seen as celebrities. They are seen as Thugs, Gangsters and Hustlers ) a Mac Miller Fan is almost incapable of seeing Ariana Grande as anything more than a living blow up doll. That is horrible. But you know what is more horrible? The fact that no feminist would touch this issue with a 100ft pole because they don't want to come across as racist.
    Yeah this hits on what I tried to say earlier. The language if the quotes are correct sound exactly like the fan base Mac Miller and other rappers cultivate. Has nothing to do with race, but people who want to enter that wannabe gangster culture are generally misogynistic.

I literally don't care at all about how she dresses, I wouldn't say that about her. Sounds like some idiot kid who said that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    This is implying that some women don't do the same thing. When people see attractive people they tend to talk about them.
    But in 3rd person? It's just weird.

If he wanted to call Ariana hot why not add her into the conversation? I'm sure she would've been fine with it if she were actually the one being spoken to about herself.

Just sounds weird to me. If someone wanted to call me attractive but instead said it to my girlfriend who was sitting right next to me, I'd be a bit weirded out. Or I'd feel awkward at the very least.

I don't think the point of her getting upset is about being called hot or attractive, fans probably call her that to her face all the time. I think it's more about how it went down.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-12-28 at 10:06 PM.

if its about me and is less than 5 feet away from me, it involves me. Doubly so when its directed to someone I'm currently with.
    Nope. They are still the ones talking, not you. You are not involved in it unless you CHOOSE to involve yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    Maybe if she didn't hoe it up constantly she wouldn't get treated as such
    This is dangerously close to people saying that woman deserve to be raped if they dress a certain way. The fact is that it shouldn't matter if she "hoes" it up. A woman shouldn't be treated that way. It should never be OK for a woman to be treated that way.

People simply need to treat each other with respect regardless of sex, race, clothing, beliefs, etc.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. They are still the ones talking, not you.
    All that means is you pretty clearly dont regard the subject as a person, merely an object to be talked about. Thanks for confirming what Ive been saying is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    But in 3rd person? It's just weird.

If he wanted to call Ariana hot why not add her into the conversation? I'm sure she would've been fine with it if she were actually the one being spoken to about herself.

Just sounds weird to me. If someone wanted to call me attractive but instead said it to my girlfriend who was sitting right next to me, I'd be a bit weirded out. Or I'd feel awkward at the very least.
    It is definitely weird and rude, but don't count social awkwardness and lack of situational awareness to be reductive sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I see it quite differently.

She's hot = She is really hot, I mean there is nothing more to that.

I'd hit that = I want to fuck her.

Tell my girl friend she is hot, I may not be too mad pending on context. Tell my girl friend you want to fuck her, and i'll have your teeth stuck in my knuckles.
    What do you mean, there's nothing else to it? Hot means sexually attractive. Are you going to deny that? Both are merely labels, for fuck's sake. One is less direct and could be used in more delicate situations, like the one you described. Although I'm sure very good, confident and adequate friends wouldn't mind either one (when done properly) because 'I would' =/= 'I intend to' and that's implied.

Of course, 'hot' can be used to describe someone good looking that you're not personally attracted to, but that typically requires disclaimers such as: "I'm a guy, but I can still tell that such and such dude is hot".
    Last edited by Creotor; 2016-12-28 at 10:13 PM.

It's ok to sell yourself when you want to.

If you are not selling yourself at THIS MOMENT, no one should be allowed to to treat you as if you are.

That's like banging on the door of a closed store. The cops are going to come drag you to jail if you do that.
    Thats not the point. If she doesnt want to be objectified and seen as a piece of meat she should be objectifying herself and placing herself out there as a piece of meat. The difference? She is selling herself as a hot girl who is sexy and what not. Then, when someone approaches her and says "you are so hot" or "sexy" or the like, how can you complain, that is what you sold yourself to be.

what a cry baby little bitch she is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Does not matter what skin color you are. People will ignore your skin color and listen to your Lyrics. Kanye West and Lil Wayne's biggest fan base are white individuals. The term "wigger" exists for a reason.

You are correct when you say that he does not do gangster rap, however the only difference between his rap and gangster rap is a few dead people sprinkled around.
    Eh I just think maybe you overestimate the amount of people that take songs so literal and their views in life reflect them. Crazy fans are "crazy" for a reason, right? I listen to a lot of rap and "violent" music but my real thoughts don't actually fall in line with them. It's all just fantasy to me.

It's in that same vein too that no matter how uh raunchy the lyrics are it doesn't necessarily reflect the person who wrote/sings them. Until proven otherwise I assume most artists that sing about non PC things are pretty decent people. Ariana isn't... what with that whole donut licking thing but yeah

All that means is you pretty clearly dont regard the subject as a person, merely an object to be talked about. Thanks for confirming what Ive been saying is the problem.
    Or I regard you as a person that I just don't feel like talking to right now, regardless of how entitled you feel about being talked to by me right now.

OP...your logic is so ridiculously flawed. First of all, you're not an attractive woman. Second, you're not Ariana Grande.

This is both a very, very real thing for celebrities (who are almost entirely objectified) and very attractive women. People are not usually this blunt about it but the idea that attractive women and especially famous attractive women are sex objects is nothing new and can't really be strongly denied by anyone rational. Whether it's a problem or not is the question, and I think it hugely depends on the circumstance.

And to people saying that it's self-inflicted...yeah, you do have a point, in part. But you also have to understand the culture of fame and what you need to do to appeal to your demographic. Ariana Grande would not have made it if she didn't use her body as well as her talent, and to her merit it's not like she's out fucking everything that moves, she just does sexy things on a stage in very little clothing. This is the mainstream media culture and frankly if we want to point a finger of blame on anyone for it, it ought to be ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Lol no she was never dating a " gangster " rapper
    Big Sean isn't hard enough for you?

A single instance of confirmation bias is not news worthy and celebrities being harassed by fans/paparazzi in public is nothing new.