Quote Originally Posted by Genzen Han View Post
    Alright, so I've practiced with Ret for a couple of weeks now, and I have a specific situation happening in my rotation and I'm unsure what to do.

I have the cape that gives me more damage to TV if I use it within four seconds of the previous TV.

I'm merrily going along with my thing, stacking to 5 HoPo and then trying to chain as many TVs together as I can whilst maintaining Judgement buff. Then I get a Divine Purpose proc in the middle of this. Do I still use my proc on a Justicar's Vengeance (which isn't buffed by the cape and will likely mean I lose my 4 second window) or do I use the proc on TV?
    I found the problem. You have DP instead of Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I found the problem. You have DP instead of Crusade.
    Even for 5-man content, where there's a higher risk of Crusade downtime and a higher chance of messing up? Is it really that much better than DP, which I kinda like having and comboing with my Stuns and JV?

Even for 5-man content, where there's a higher risk of Crusade downtime and a higher chance of messing up? Is it really that much better than DP, which I kinda like having and comboing with my Stuns and JV?
    Once you run M+ enough you know when to pop Crusade on trash and still have it ready for bosses. Even if you don't time it perfectly, worst case you have Crusade ready for the second half of the boss, but as I said, once you understand the flow of various M+ levels and dungeon layouts you can time it just fine.

Once you run M+ enough you know when to pop Crusade on trash and still have it ready for bosses. Even if you don't time it perfectly, worst case you have Crusade ready for the second half of the boss, but as I said, once you understand the flow of various M+ levels and dungeon layouts you can time it just fine.
    Hmm, so then should I drop Justicar's Vengeance for something else? Not sure if WoG is powerful enough to be worth 3HP even in an emergency, and I don't know how the 35% Phys damage reduction stacks against the self-heal of a JV, especially if combined with the stuns.

Also, quick trinket question: 860 Ettin Fingernail, 860 Eye of Command, 850 Chrono Shard?

I don't think JV has been viable over TV in a while.

Personally I use Eye for an Eye for those moments I need to clutch tank.

I don't think JV has been viable over TV in a while.

Personally I use Eye for an Eye for those moments I need to clutch tank.
    The thing on the front page said to use JV with DP procs, and said that DP was a valid way to play, so that's what I went with.

I think DP/JV is viable in PvP.

Deleted
    The thing on the front page said to use JV with DP procs, and said that DP was a valid way to play, so that's what I went with.
    DP/JV is valid as long as you don't have any points in Wrath of the ashbringer. Once you got that trait stacked, crusade like the christians did as often as you could with as much bloodshed as possible.

I am curious about thoughts regarding Eye of Command 865 w/Chest buff and Ursoc's Rending Paw 880? vs EoC 865 and 840 faulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    I am curious about thoughts regarding Eye of Command 865 w/Chest buff and Ursoc's Rending Paw 880? vs EoC 865 and 840 faulty.
    EoC 865 and 840 faulty no question asked. Ursoc is not just crap but a steaming pile of shit. Yes I know how it feels to know that you could have a 4 or 5 point higher average item level but gimping your dmg in the process.
    Last edited by mmocd051bddac7; 2016-12-28 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    This isn't including Nightbane chest buff so you can see just how strong EoC is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#

^ On fights with "movement, stuns, interrupts, and target switching every 2 minutes" it's the same pretty much. On fights with hectic add management, it's:

Last edited by Ryuji; 2016-12-28 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Just want to vent to some sympathetic ears. I have the helm and boot legendaries, and last night in raid got the bracers.

F**k you too, Blizzard.

Deleted
    look at the bright side. bracers and boost are the best of the non dps legendaries. you now move slightly faster than a turtle and you got an additional noob fail save.
    You will be the annoyance of your raid. always the first to complain about too much movement and the last one to die after a wipe is called. hacking of your raid lead beyond all measures

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll have to let my sub run out this time if they can't find a way to make mastery more useful for ret. 885 ilvl items keep dropping that only downgrade my overall dps. 885ilvl items are worse than 860 ilvl world boss drops. This must be a christmas joke. My patience has run out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Thanks guys!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    look at the bright side. bracers and boost are the best of the non dps legendaries. you now move slightly faster than a turtle and you got an additional noob fail save.
    You will be the annoyance of your raid. always the first to complain about too much movement and the last one to die after a wipe is called. hacking of your raid lead beyond all measures
    "Alright guys wipe. Hey <you with legendary bracers>, wipe." "I CAN'T MY SHIELD POPPED AND IT WON'T LET ME DIE"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    "Alright guys wipe. Hey <you with legendary bracers>, wipe." "I CAN'T MY SHIELD POPPED AND IT WON'T LET ME DIE"
    followed by "I STILL CAN'T DIE DI JUST POPPED!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    I actually stopped taking DI for this very reason. It is annoying having to use a cancel aura macro then have the mages/hunters bitch I didn't die fast enough. Then I got told DI was mandatory XD

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    I think I'll have to let my sub run out this time if they can't find a way to make mastery more useful for ret. 885 ilvl items keep dropping that only downgrade my overall dps. 885ilvl items are worse than 860 ilvl world boss drops. This must be a christmas joke. My patience has run out.
    Same is happening to me. In the Class Hall chest I keep getting Mastery items 880-885 no matter what week after week. My patience is starting to run out too...

Casul semi-tourist mode helps a lot.
    I give as little care regarding happenings around as possible. Almost no dedication towards Dragonslaying beyond Heroic EN and ToV along with sporadic mythic+9 dungeons and close to no interest in rated PvP.
    It's slightly more bearable that way if you don't care.

p.s. You can't contain this Storm yeah that's right