Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Her mom, Debbie Reynolds was just taken to the hospital, hopefully she's ok.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    Her mom, Debbie Reynolds was just taken to the hospital, hopefully she's ok.
    Appears she had a stroke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Unless they too influenced generations: sorry, but no
    What influence are you talking about? Cocaine snorting?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    What influence are you talking about? Cocaine snorting?
    Influential when it comes to combating the stigma surrounding mental health issues (she had Bi Polar disorder if I remember right. She was also a feminist and political activist.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Influential when it comes to combating the stigma surrounding mental health issues (she had Bi Polar disorder if I remember right. She was also a feminist and political activist.
    I haven't heard off her between original SW and latest reboots.

I haven't heard off her between original SW and latest reboots.
    That is your loss.
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!

Deleted
    She was also a feminist
    You say that as if it was something positive.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is your loss.
    Loss of what? Cocaine...don't take drugs, no loss there. Feminism...goes against my values (at least modern feminism) Political activist? What exactly is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You say that as if it was something positive.
    I do.

I'm not some threatened manchild who hates all feminists.

Deleted
    I do.

I'm not some threatened manchild who hates all feminists.
    Feminism is the fastest way for a female to lose respect.

Loss of what? Cocaine...don't take drugs, no loss there. Feminism...goes against my values (at least modern feminism) Political activist? What exactly is that?
    So you are against women being treated equally? Seem's like you are only here to cause issues and rile people up, so I will be putting you on ignore for being a shitty person. Have a good day.

Deleted
    So you are against women being treated equally?
    Feminists don't want to be treated equally, they want to be treated better. As if they were God's gift or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we're not derailing this into feminism debates

also, please be respectful of people who actually do care about Carrie Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Feminists don't want to be treated equally, they want to be treated better. As if they were God's gift or something.
    feminists want equal treatment between woman and man
    because when you lose privilege, you think that as opression. It isnt
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2016-12-29 at 12:23 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Appears she had a stroke.
    Probably from stress and a broken heart
    X

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    feminists want equal treatment between woman and man
    because when you lose privilege, you think that as opression. It isnt
    Yah this isn't a place to argue about it but modern feminists do not want equal treatment.

Yeah Debbie Reynolds died . I send my love to their family in this horrible time.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    Yeah Debbie Reynolds died . I send my love to their family in this horrible time.
    Isn't the entire family dead now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Isn't the entire family dead now?
    Todd's alive. Carrie's brother, son of Debbie. Couldn't imagine what he's thinking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    I implore you to at least google what "stable" in the US means, and find whatever cherrypicked source doesn't include "conscious". It's probably not going to be one from the US, or one that cites its sources from the US.

In the mean time, the wikipedia article contains the summary. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_state

"The American Hospital Association has advised doctors not to use the word "stable" either as a condition or in conjunction with another condition, especially one that is critical, because a critical condition inherently implies unpredictability and the instability of vital signs."

Stable cannot be used as a blanket status (in the US). You can even sue the hospital for even issuing a "stable" blanket status, but probably not the news for issuing a falsified statement cause "muh 1st amendment".
    PSA for everyone befuddled by "stable condition," but mostly this guy...

Despite one poorly sourced wiki page based on one professional guideline, medical states are in reality subjective. They are not standardized. It varies from doctor to doctor and between institutions. Her real condition was probably "critical but stable," but I'm sure any hospital's PR person would rather jump off a cliff than try to explain what that means. Also, doctors aren't infallible. "Stable" patients die unexpectedly all the time. On my service, we only have 2 conditions, "stable" and "watcher," meaning we're either worried or not worried about someone's imminent demise. At some institutions, that has implications for nursing care as well, but for us the main point is drawing attention to the less stable patients during physician hand-offs. The point being, these condition statuses are at best indicators to help the medical team identify and pay more attention to sicker patients, and at worst a subjective box that gets checked on admission with about 5 seconds of deliberation. Regardless, it's none of the public's business. I've never understood why they bother announcing things like this. At any rate...

RIP Carrie Fisher. She will be missed.