Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So basically the guild broke up due to shit attendance and douchebaggery attitudes which created an unfun environment.

Not sure what's so worthy about that.

Deleted
    Old story bro. I read about nihilums death a few years ago. No one can die twice.

Verdisha constant BabyRage ended NIHI LUL

> Joins for legion
    > Rages like 12 year old haHAA
    > People start afking
    > Guild disbands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic-Disciple View Post

> Joins for legion
    > People start afking
    > Guild disbands
    > makes a 11/10 cringe post on mmo champion for his very first post

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I agree with you. I've seen it first hand on Tichondrius, and even within my guild. It is a combination of several factors and the same recipe for disbanding in our guild is not true for every guild, but it is happening more frequently, in my opinion as well.

What I do notice is that people are able to quit and not come back much easier in Legion. I never thought I'd quit, even at the start of Legion. Halfway into Mythic EN? Couldn't be bothered to log in anymore.

Lots of people still love the game, but I think the game is easier to replace now than it ever was.
    I still love the game, but I agree, it is very easy to drop the game nowadays. Lack of community and too many cross-realm/LFG features make it a solo player game. The reason I used to stay subbed for an entire expansion was because of the people I played with. I don't enjoy solo player WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    I still love the game, but I agree, it is very easy to drop the game nowadays. Lack of community and too many cross-realm/LFG features make it a solo player game. The reason I used to stay subbed for an entire expansion was because of the people I played with. I don't enjoy solo player WoW.
    Then don't play "solo player WoW." You people bitch about the game and talk about "solo play" a lot, despite the fact that it's actually quite easy to play the game with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic-Disciple View Post

> Joins for legion
    > People start afking
    > Guild disbands
    he just joined method

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    OK cool?

So how many people are going to use this as confirmation bias as to their "OMG LEGUN IS DA WORSSSTT!!"
    In their secret heart of hearts? Most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Then don't play "solo player WoW." You people bitch about the game and talk about "solo play" a lot, despite the fact that it's actually quite easy to play the game with other people.
    What I meant by solo play was actually playing without a group of friends or in a guild. Obviously everything in this game is involving other players, but it seems many people prefer to play with strangers for fear of failing in front of guildmates I guess, I don't know. Is performance anxiety a real thing in a video game?

I'm a big advocate of guilds and guild raiding, and I think that's what the game lacks. You can get way too much done without having to actually interact with other human beings. Call it anecdotal, but I stay subbed longer and enjoy the game more when playing with guildies and good players.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK cool?

So how many people are going to use this as confirmation bias as to their "OMG LEGUN IS DA WORSSSTT!!"
    Take your ego out of it. The only person attempting to make this a legion sucks or is good is you. This is merely for those who've followed competitive raiding throughout its entirety and remember Nihilum as the face of hardcore raiding. Even though they've been out of the scene since late TBC, I can remember getting excited when they'd post their world first kills.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    20 man mythic strikes again.

OK cool?

I don't know that it can be used as an indication that "OMG Legion is the worst expansion EVAR!!!". But it can be taken as an indication that there are less high-end players to draw from. Is WoW moving away from catering to the top 5%, or is it simply that the pool of top 5% players are getting sick of mainting that level of play?

I think it's obvious that Legion has provided more things for players to do at any skill level or interest. World Quests, order hall stuff in the open world, crafting quests, all the way up to the progressive difficulty of Mythic+, allowing smaller groups to get their skill-based fix instead of having to wait for a raid.

So I suspect that this is less about Legion being bad, and more about the playerbase evening out and diffusing into other areas of the game now that they're available. It makes a lot of sense when you look at the difference between previous raid-centric expansions and Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    20 man mythic strikes again.
    yup nihilum/ensidia has never disbanded before it's certainly due to 20man mythic added in WoD.

/fucking facepalm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yup nihilum/ensidia has never disbanded before it's certainly due to 20man mythic added in WoD.

/fucking facepalm.
    It literally says in the OP they disbanded because they can't maintain a roster.

It literally says in the OP they disbanded because they can't maintain a roster.
    so? thats the same for any raid tier in history, unable to maintain a roster? your guild dies, 40man, 25 10 20 none of that matters, so it's not to blame on 20man mythic at all.

You push buttons but does not seem like any one is pushing yours because you seem preaty damn clueless and just spouting random shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So after your logic people like Einstein, Mozart, Fleming dont deserve respect anymore?
    Stupids these days....only stupids everywhere......
    I'll say what I said earlier. Einstein actually did something worthwhile. 40 people raiding virtual monsters isn't worthwhile compared to what Einstein or Mozart did. Again trying to compare real life accomplishments such as people who changed the face of science and music to 40 people who killed a virtual monster before anyone else is silly.

Also I extremely doubt Nihilums amazing 40 man world first helped find a drug that helped millions of people. But let me know when Nihilum find the cure to some life threatening illness though through raiding virtual monsters. But keep trying that made me have a good laugh. I always laugh when people try to compare feats from the real world to a video game. Especially comparing the discovery of Penicillin to a world first 40 man raid kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I mean, they deserve respect because they challenged their respective fields.... Nihilum are a bunch of video game playing nerds... Big difference. But you're right, there are stupids everywhere. There's a stupid on your computer right now!
    What do you expect when people start comparing things like Fleming a man who invented an important drug to a bunch of video game players who killed a virtual monster for loots? I mean like I said once raiding in WoW finds a cure for today's diseases let me know.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-29 at 01:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mind you Molten Core lasted 154 before anyone cleared it.
    When you talk about raiding for "fat loots". yes I suppose that's part of it.

For myself, at least for the good years of my raiding time it was about working twards a goal with other people, and exploring things unseen. The loot was a means to an end. These were also the days of mobs on the side of the road one or two shotting you as you tried to walk to the next town,
    group quests really did take groups.
    World PVP was very much part of the experience, and every little bit mattered.

Having a little gear, even half decent blue crafted stuff meant that I could do more quests or explore further, or make my way to DireMaul.

Shit Eastern Plaguelands and Silithisus were not to be set foot in during those days.

The world of Warcraft didn't feel like a loot pinata like it has for the last 6-8 years or so. If there was a guy in a full set or that had the GrandMarshals title it was like "holy shit"
    In the TBC era it meant helping a friend or random player in a zone with blades edge quests, or group quests in Nagrand. ( if we could get a tank and got lucky... even at 70! in a bit of dungeon, crafted or early raid gear)

I think part of the problem is how fast content has been made to be devoured, and the expectations of the instaint gratification demanding newer playerbase, bred from FPS games, not MMOs like Everquest.

Alot has changed. I think that is why some posters are being nasty, they just don't know. That's cool. If it's such a waste of time, uninstall WoW, go to school for bio-chem, and cure cancer.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are "Top 100" guilds supposed to do? Keep playing till they're divorced/flunk out of college/get fired for not showing up for a real job?

Deleted
    They put in alot of effort and they were still shit. That's why they quit.