Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Canada Man punches cougar in Tim Horton's parking lot

Will Gibb says he didn't realize it was a cougar that had caught his beloved pet husky by the neck until after he pummelled the wild animal in the head.

"I wasn't really analyzing it too much at the time," Gibb said. "All that was going through my mind is that I had to protect my dog.

"It was just very instinctual. My dogs are like my children."

The Red Deer man was meeting a friend for coffee at the Whitecourt Tim Hortons on Dec. 26, when he let his two dogs Sasha and Mongo out into the parking lot for a short run.

Within seconds, he said he heard Sasha, the female of the pair, start yelping.

A cougar had emerged from the woods nearby and pounced, he said.

"She (Sasha) was crying out in pain and distress so I went running," said Gibb, a 31-year-old technician. "And I saw something wrapped around her so I ran up and punched it in the side of the head.

"At that point I realized it was a cougar."

Gibb said he charged into the woods after the cougar but turned around to tend to his injured dog, which was whimpering and bleeding on the pavement.

'It was pawing at me and I was throwing punches'

"I was swinging but I looked back and I saw that Sasha was on the ground kind of twitching," Gibb recalled. "So I went back and tried to scoop her up with my left arm."

But the dog, alarmed from the attack, latched onto Gibb's hand and started biting, just as the cougar re-emerged from the woods and charged a second time.

In all the excitement, Sasha bit his left hand, something Gibb suggests was because the dog may have been "thinking I was the cougar."

He added: "She was fighting for her life, and I was trying to keep the cougar at bay with my right, and it was pawing at me and I was throwing punches at it."
    Tim Horton's is protected

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...-dog-1.3914210
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Canada Man is a bigger badass than Florida Man that's for certain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Florida man would have had sex with the Cougar, gave it a black eye, and then celebrated by doing bath salts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, I think Florida man is just more crazy, he wouldn't punch the cougar, rather he'd pull his pants down, poop on the parking lot, and roll in it, to a stunned cougar
    #boycottchina

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck off, with enough meth we can do anything.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    Fuck off, with enough meth we can do anything.
    Canada man is a winner! He doesn't do drugs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see Sasha made it

This story is only missing a moose.

One time I let my dog out into the back yard on a leash since the yard opened up to a creek. Anyways I hear him bark and look outside to see him barking at a cougar. I ran outside, grabbed the dog and ran in the house. The cougar didn't even give us a glance.

FOOLISH FOOL! You have challenged Florida Man! Now he will invade Canada, beat up a Tim Horton's and rape a cougar!

Yay! The dog made it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post

Damn straight. What the fuck was that cougar doing at a Tim Hortons anyways? That is sacred ground for Canadians, you don't fuck with that.

Hope Sasha was ok.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    After this incident both Glib and the Cougar were given five minute majors for fighting and are now both actively being scouted by the Maple Leafs.

The f*ck is a tim hortons?

Welcome to canada where everyone is a chuck norris.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    After this incident both Glib and the Cougar were given five minute majors for fighting and are now both actively being scouted by the Maple Leafs.
    They'll flop with the Leafs and get traded for an aging veteran with no gas in the tank. The Couger will go on to be a Stanley Cup MVP.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post

Tim Hortons mostly sells doughnuts and coffee.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am disappointed. This did not involve a brawl between a young guy and an older woman who had been hitting on him.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

And he's not soary.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post

At 1:25, its in the back ground.

Tim Horton is a legendary hockey player whose coffee shop is deeply infused in the Canadian culture. Its not uncommon to see folks with lawn chair setup in the parking lots. Its where the community elders tend to gather for a delicious cup of dub-dub Tim Hortons fresh brewed coffee.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-12-29 at 06:34 AM. Reason: clarity

I would have shot it
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST