Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    I just think mythic plus dungeons are too powerful to not have a cap on them.
    Well, there was a cap put on them in effect (keystone depletion), however as with many things - loopholes are found.

As I said - you can't stop idiots doing stupid things.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Why necro one of these threads? We have enough of them as is.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    And no company can change how you feel.

They made the AP/AK system work better when you DIDN'T farm it ... yet people still farmed it to death.

They made the daily system work better when you DIDN'T farm it.... yet people still farmed it to death.

So yeah - people are leaving because they burned themselves out, but you can't stop people doing silly things.
    I haven't touched a Wq or Ap quest in over a month but thats just me. I can see why people are burnt out, having to keep 2-3 specs somewhat up to date for guild reasons.

The majority of the Wq's were just rehashed leveling quest and rare mobs, its no wonder people were burnt out from them. Especially when you add in leveling an alt.

Both were a stupid half baked approach, made worse by player expectations..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    Why do people make these posts every expansion? "Is "expansion" killing the WoW playerbase??" Every. Damn. Expansion.
    I said it back in WoD and look what happened.

Deleted
    I think we need a "WoW is dying"-megathread

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it, I see more people on a daily basis in Legion than I have for years.

Will subs decline as you would expect from a 12 year old game? Sure.
    Is its playerbase getting "killed". lol no don't be fucking delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

I just think mythic plus dungeons are too powerful to not have a cap on them. I think the AP system was put into place to always give players something to do, something to improve their character. I just think they took it a bit too far when it comes to mythic plus dungeons. I think there needs to be a minimum, as well as a maximum time commitment to stay competitive in this game. Currently, there is no maximum. People who no-life the game will be far superior in player power than someone who does not play that way. In a way, I do think it is partly blizzard's fault. They put the carrot on a stick out there, and people love carrots.
    WOW! PEOPLE THAT PUT TIME INTO THINGS ARE BETTER AT THEM?! COLOUR ME SURPRISED!

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Dunno who is this guy in the video but I fully agree will all his points, especially:

- guilds don't matter anymore
    - there is no server community anymore due to cross realm
    - too many resources are spent on cosmetic stuff (wardrobe, transmog, mounts, etc.). WoW looks like a dress-up game.
    I 100% agree with points 1 and 2. I don't mind all the cosmetic stuff, though. If people want to spend their time or money on the blizzard store, I think that can only help the game. I do think that guilds not mattering anymore and no server communities are the ultimate nail in the coffin for why people don't stay subbed for entire expansions anymore. There is no social commitment anymore to the game, or to other players. You get what you need to get done, and that's it. And is it me, or did this cross-realm thing just kind of get out of control? I think it was meant initially for friends on different servers to be able to play with each other. Now, you can pretty much do anything you want with people on other servers except be in their guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You are seeing more people in Legion because they just recently enabled CRZ for all Legion zones, so now they are always full of people. And making a reply in all caps in a condescending fashion just makes you look like a tool. You totally misinterpreted what I was saying. Someone that spends 100 hours a week should not be more powerful than someone that spends 20 to 30 hours a week. There needs to be a minimum and a maximum. To put it another way, someone who spends 20 hours a week should, in fact, be more powerful than someone that spends 5 hours a week because that 5 hours isn't enough to meet the minimum. Do you understand it now?

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No.
    /10 characters

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

My friendlist and my guild are full of people who play together and do activities.
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    The majority of the Wq's were just rehashed leveling quest and rare mobs, its no wonder people were burnt out from them.
    Around 800 unique world quests, one only needed to do 4-6 a day, been 100 days.

Way better than doing the same 20 daily quests in previous expansions.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

This is bullshit extraordinaire. I quit like 2 months ago and already had to do the same quests like for the 7th time. If there are indeed 800 "unique" world quests for sure the system that chooses them is fucking retarded.

As for the old daily quests, they were mostly only giving gold, and there were MUCH BETTER ways of doing much more gold...

If I had a nickel for every time someone used this excuse after someone says they feel forced to do something...

And yes, there ARE things that make you FEEL forced to do them. If you're a competitive player, you are, in fact, forced to do a lot of things in Legion, else you'll fall behind quickly and not be helping out your team as much as others. Call it what you will.
    thats still a choice. You can choose a different playstyle and still get shit done while its relevent. Obviously if you want to be the very best you are going to feel forced to do extra content.. you want to be the very best afterall no? Work for it or calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    This is bullshit extraordinaire.
    The facts disagree with you young man.

Of course, if you DECIDED to do every world quest every day on 10 alts - that is a problem with you, not with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    thats still a choice. You can choose a different playstyle and still get shit done while its relevent. Obviously if you want to be the very best you are going to feel forced to do extra content.. you want to be the very best afterall no? Work for it or calm down.
    Calm down? Lol ok.

Limitless player power is bad for any game, in my opinion. You shouldn't have to play for 100 hours a week, for example, to feel like you're keeping up with the Jones'. You also shouldn't have to alter your play style just to accommodate that. People should be allowed to want to play competitively and not feel forced to no life the game to do so. You don't have to be a hard-core mythic raider to care about your character's performance.

No. People come and go every expac. Stop with the doomsayer threads. Things like this lead to flaming and nothing constructive. Please stop. Post in the one of other numerous ones like this.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you see more people now then you have in years, Legion was the first expansion CRZ'ed a week after launch. Major cities were CRZ'ed prior to Legion launch.

Doesn't matter how many Unique quests there are if the system is pulling from a specific batch. Its probably what we will see going forward. Next patch will open up another batch of previously "USED" leveling quests. Just looking at my Priest, it has the same Suramar quest today as it did on Sunday when I did it with a guild mate.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I saw another thread was closed and the reason given "We don't allow WoW is dying threads." Not sure how this is any different. But maybe we could have a meta "WoW is almost dying" thread so we don't have to start a new one every day?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

If the population is indeed declining rapidly, I'll blame the artificial importance they forced onto mythic difficulty dungeons - moving Heroic-traditional achievements from Heroic mode to Mythic mode, making some dungeons Mythic-only, creating long, crap grindy quests that are more efficient in higher-level Mythics, mythic-only storylines...

See, the thing is, even if players WERE capable of knowing the total population of the expansion, we can't know what is causing players to leave. All we can do is blame the thing we dislike the most. That's not evidence, it's not helpful, it's not constructive.

Blizzard has all the data. Blizzard can tell what tense you ERPed in last Wednesday and what loot dropped in the raid when you accidentally posted it in raid chat. THEY know the player population, and they'd have a better idea of why people are leaving than any single player, because when people unsubscribe they can leave a reason why they did so, which Blizzard, not the player, can read.

Personally, I think the shift towards vanilla-style grinds and dungeon/reward treatment is what would cause a decline, assuming there is one, but another player can very fairly say the exact opposite, that things are too easy to get in Legion so people don't have to stay subbed for as long.

Legion killed Carrie Fisher.

Deleted
    Dunno my guild is usually in top 150 on the realm, and we're still around that number so at least raiding-wise i don't see the population drop.

Deleted
    The AP System is a horrible design for twinks + the rng Legendary drops.