Need help with trinkets for Mythic+ and for Raiding

Right now i got

845 Stat stick 1177 Int 915 Haste
    860 Arans
    860 Naraxas

Should i run Stat+Aran of Mythic plus and Stat+Narax for Raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Need help with trinkets for Mythic+ and for Raiding

Right now i got

845 Stat stick 1177 Int 915 Haste
    860 Arans
    860 Naraxas

Should i run Stat+Aran of Mythic plus and Stat+Narax for Raid?
    Stat stick always, rotate between naraxas and aran's accordingly (naraxas single target like ursoc, nythendra, guarm, etc and ruby on trash\m+s, rest)

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    I feel you. I got helm and ring within 2 weeks and yesterday I was thinking... I wouldnt be in the guild I am now playing boomkin if it wasnt for lucky RNG. I got in cause I get 99% on every fight and i couldnt have done that without helm/ring. Kinda dumb thinking that the only reason guilds accept me is cause i got lucky and not because I am good.
    There are still plenty of boomkins with those two legendaries, you are obviously doing something right if you are getting 99% parses. Those humble brags

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    There are still plenty of boomkins with those two legendaries, you are obviously doing something right if you are getting 99% parses. Those humble brags
    I meant that if I didnt have those, I wouldnt be doing the numbers I do now which means I probably wouldnt have been in on progression for Guarm and Helya.

Well I'll trade sustained AoE for burst AoE then, because nobody cares about sustained AoE, especially in Mythic +

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Well I'll trade sustained AoE for burst AoE then, because nobody cares about sustained AoE, especially in Mythic +
    Then stop doing +2 and do +15 where shit stays alive more than 3 seconds

15+ Year Old Account
    Then stop doing +2 and do +15 where shit stays alive more than 3 seconds
    This. Even if you do +10 you'll see that our sustained AoE its pretty decent, and I am talking with no Stellar Drift or FoE.
    To be honest, fixing Starfall damage (and the shooting stars trait ffs... its just bs) would probably fix 90% of our problems imho.

Of course we would still have the ramp up time issue, our poor ST dps issue (with no helm especially) and our non-existent burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerlamer View Post
    This. Even if you do +10 you'll see that our sustained AoE its pretty decent, and I am talking with no Stellar Drift or FoE.
    To be honest, fixing Starfall damage (and the shooting stars trait ffs... its just bs) would probably fix 90% of our problems imho.

Of course we would still have the ramp up time issue, our poor ST dps issue (with no helm especially) and our non-existent burst.
    Exactly. Thats what im most excited for in the patch. Our m+ aoe is gonna be insane with the SD buff

Deleted
    I meant that if I didnt have those, I wouldnt be doing the numbers I do now which means I probably wouldnt have been in on progression for Guarm and Helya.
    I got both and I did few logs on heroic EN where i logged 95% or 96%, most of the time I am 80%+ and sometimes I am very bad ...
    If you are always 99% ... I would love to know what you are doing different to me ...

Last night logs from heroic farm. Some fights were bad, some were ok. If you can look at Ursoc fight and say what can be improved
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=6&type=auras

And even though on fights that I usually do well, I am behind Ench Shaman and feral Druids .. Fire Mage sometimes will be higher then me.
    I am worried where will I be if they will get their top two legionaries ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance has always been a DOT class, yet on Odyn, a 2 target/multi target/single target fight. I wasn't even in the top 10 on DPS last night. In theory that fight should suit us down to the ground, and we suck at it.

Maybe a rework is in order. DOTs deal X% more damage, starfall consumes all DOTs on targets hit, dealing their full damage over starfall's duration. Huge radius, doesn't pull mobs that arn't already DOT'd

It would give us choices, leave DOTs for sustsained DPS, or insta pop them for burst aoe.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfik View Post
    I got both and I did few logs on heroic EN where i logged 95% or 96%, most of the time I am 80%+ and sometimes I am very bad ...
    If you are always 99% ... I would love to know what you are doing different to me ...

Last night logs from heroic farm. Some fights were bad, some were ok. If you can look at Ursoc fight and say what can be improved
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=6&type=auras
    having compared to my last heroic parse on the 2nd of december, and speaking as someone without helm, but with ring, you're casting dots far too much. you have a total of 6 sunfire casts and 7 moonfire casts, with only 5 more SS casts than i have even though helm buff giving you a lot more. i'm wiling to bet this is cause you're full turreting and not using your starsurges to edge closer in the direction you want to be moving in? meaning too many casts of moon/sunfire, or it could be you getting targetted by charge and not moving to position whilst still DPSing. being in boomy we naturally take a lot less damage on ursoc as its all physical, so you can move not as far away, maing sure you dont break rotation and only move on SS and you'll gain a lot.

also, during incarntion you should be able, especially with BL to do the SS>SS>LS>LS rotation, which is a huge DPS increase, but it seems like you're not making t most of it. i have 1 more SS cast during incarn than you do, 9 more filler casts and 1 more half/full moon cast. - aswell as 2 less dot casts during incarn, and you always want to avoid dot casts during incarn.

it really looks like an issue of optimal moon/incarn management, and movement.

link to the compare:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ne&source=13,8

I hope that US people and "twitter"-people will make a lot of noise if the next ptr notes dont buff Moonkins by at least 5%.

Its frustrating when you have a really good run in a fight, 2 dps legendaries (ring and belt) and still are on the lower end of your raid group.
    Of course some is bad play on my part, but my personal experience and overall logs seem to agree that with similar skill and similar gear we are one of the weak specs. Even on fights that should beneift us we barely scratch being "middle of the pack".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesek View Post
    having compared to my last heroic parse on the 2nd of december, and speaking as someone without helm, but with ring, you're casting dots far too much. you have a total of 6 sunfire casts and 7 moonfire casts, with only 5 more SS casts than i have even though helm buff giving you a lot more. i'm wiling to bet this is cause you're full turreting and not using your starsurges to edge closer in the direction you want to be moving in? meaning too many casts of moon/sunfire, or it could be you getting targetted by charge and not moving to position whilst still DPSing. being in boomy we naturally take a lot less damage on ursoc as its all physical, so you can move not as far away, maing sure you dont break rotation and only move on SS and you'll gain a lot.

also, during incarntion you should be able, especially with BL to do the SS>SS>LS>LS rotation, which is a huge DPS increase, but it seems like you're not making t most of it. i have 1 more SS cast during incarn than you do, 9 more filler casts and 1 more half/full moon cast. - aswell as 2 less dot casts during incarn, and you always want to avoid dot casts during incarn.

it really looks like an issue of optimal moon/incarn management, and movement.

link to the compare:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ne&source=13,8
    Thanks Kesek,

After posting this i actually spent like an hour looking at logs of other top boomkins in my ilevel range and i notice two things (especially on ursoc).

a) starting position - those that do well set them-selfs away from boss where he will be when it will be range soaking time, so they don't have to move until that. Also melee are soaking first so range doesn't have to move during whole incarnation

b) during opening 30 seconds i was using skills incorrectly (as you pointed out). I am testing it now as we speak. I am not sure though on SS->SS->LS->LS vs SS->LS-->SW as the second one seems to be giving me better DPS after hero ends.

Why i am dotting on this fight more then required ?? we do Ursoc Charge at range first (this will change next week ) so while i try to move in between GCs sometimes if i have to move quicker i would just cast dots as its better to do that then not to cast at all .... But after seeing how this fight can be started i will adjust that and then I will be able to just sit there and nuke thru whole hero and Incarnation ...

Looking at logs and what you told me its just a small tweak now and i should be golden thanks again

Hey there!

Im casually playing 2 nights a week and my guild is currently 7/7 mythic and 3/3 hc.

I´ve been fortunate to get both the helm and the ring which ofcourse is a major boost and even though im not always topping the meters i do normally push around 460-480k dps on st fights (Nythendra and Guarm). We do ofcourse lack dps compared to melee but thats irrelevant and i do normally beat most ranged in our guild except from SPriests. The AOE damage and even the cleave is already addresed in this thread so I will not go on with that.

I do however welcome the nerf of the legendarys since they are more or less mandatory to be viable and I think in the end this will actually fix a broken class. All the changes might not be set in stone right now but I´m still positive for Nightold. They will most likely adress all the problems by the time my guild are doing it in Mythic.

And to be fair! if you are not aiming for the world first there will be a place for us in our guild. I´ve been playing Balance since late WOTLK and will not stop doing it because of this. I play my Druid because i like the lore and class itself not to top the metres all the time even though its fun.

Let´s stay possitive(at leas for a while)

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Balance has always been a DOT class, yet on Odyn, a 2 target/multi target/single target fight. I wasn't even in the top 10 on DPS last night. In theory that fight should suit us down to the ground, and we suck at it.

Maybe a rework is in order. DOTs deal X% more damage, starfall consumes all DOTs on targets hit, dealing their full damage over starfall's duration. Huge radius, doesn't pull mobs that arn't already DOT'd

It would give us choices, leave DOTs for sustsained DPS, or insta pop them for burst aoe.
    Seems like thats your fault, not the class. I am always in top 5 on Odyn and the only thing that beats me is the warlocks

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like thats your fault, not the class. I am always in top 5 on Odyn and the only thing that beats me is the warlocks
    Wernt you saying on the other page you have BOTH helm and ring?

..mind me taking a look at the logs to see if outside of the legendaries you're doing something different?

Was looking at logs last night, I think something like 3 people in the top 100 didnt have ring or helm. Of those 1 of which is a friend of mine, looked further into their logs and honestly the only difference I could see was the runebearers stayed alive roughly 50% longer in their kill than ours.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Wernt you saying on the other page you have BOTH helm and ring?

..mind me taking a look at the logs to see if outside of the legendaries you're doing something different?

Was looking at logs last night, I think something like 3 people in the top 100 didnt have ring or helm. Of those 1 of which is a friend of mine, looked further into their logs and honestly the only difference I could see was the runebearers stayed alive roughly 50% longer in their kill than ours.
    So why are you blaming it on the class when it is the legendarys? All your first post was about how boomkins need buffs and % scaling and blah blah blah. So excuse me for not thinking you were talking about legendarys

So why are you blaming it on the class when it is the legendarys? All your first post was about how boomkins need buffs and % scaling and blah blah blah. So excuse me for not thinking you were talking about legendarys
    With the legendaries nerfed to the ground and no buffs in sight I'd say that in 7.1.5 as of now we will be the worst casters . At least if u had the 2 bis legendaries you had the chance to do decent , not top , decent damage.

a 4% nerf is not 'to the ground'

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    a 4% nerf is not 'to the ground'
    In current dps ranking it's close to the ground if we lose another 4%