Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    because when people unsubscribe they can leave a reason why they did so, which Blizzard, not the player, can read.
    If your non recurring sub just runs out, like when you use a token, you don't get to leave feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Doesn't matter how many Unique quests there are if the system is pulling from a specific batch.
    The most I've done any one WQ since launch is at most 10 or so.

But then again - I don't farm every WQ that turns up, because that's not how it is meant to work.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

No, I think Legion is letting the game die gracefully as opposed to WoD's giant dumpster fire.

There was a lot I don't like about Legion, and I've seen myself and many of my friends slowly bleed out over the course of the expansion's brief lifespan, but I won't deny there's more fun to be had than all of WoD combined. I think Legion is WoW's last big hurrah and Blizzard knows it, and they're trying to really make it feels big and final as a result.

That being said, without sub numbers I can't tell, but I think Legion did very very little for player retention. There's a slight surge that seems to be ebbing by the day as more and more people move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    Why do people make these posts every expansion? "Is "expansion" killing the WoW playerbase??" Every. Damn. Expansion.
    Well, population has been on the decrease for all expansions but two (and one was stagnant), so I guess there is a point

There will never be an infinite number of new quests to do, so what do people expect? There will never be an infinite number of new dungeons. Legion has seen more innovations to keep the current content fresh than any previous: M+ with all its affixes, an end-game questing system that rotates all the previous zones rather than just one (like Tanaan), and mini raids and mini patches so we are getting new content every couple of months rather than once a year. The fact that some people still want to complain just shows you'll never please everyone.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I feel like Legion was great, it had so many great ideas and aspects to it, they just executed it poorly. Artifacts were a great addition, they finally gave players back what we've been asking for the last 3 expansions, talent trees. Execution turned it into a garbage grind that it is now. Legendaries again a unique way to change playstyles, the execution vs what they were advertising it as all of alpha and prior to alpha at blizzcon where you could pick what legendary you wanted to go for and then pick a specific way to grind for it. More so on the execution of legendaries, they're adding even more and AND they're gating upgrading Legendaries behind the Illidan quest chain. This is also by far the most unfriendly alt expansion to date. I'm dumping 8 hours a day into my main and if I had a job I wouldn't even have time for my main. God forbid I wanted to play any alts seriously, I'd have to put in 12 hours a day at least.

The future isn't looking so bright either. Making more Artifact traits, but not giving details on how its going to work. Will current AP rollover? Will it be removed? What will happen to the tokens if we keep them stockpiled in our bank? Blizzard isn't transparent at all, after starting the alpha off extremely transparent. This is worse than WoD beta/WoD live. Sure they didn't listen to feedback, at least then it was only class problems for the most part. Now we have problems with core systems in the game and forced playstyles, on top of classes that they're ignoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    There will never be an infinite number of new quests to do, so what do people expect? There will never be an infinite number of new dungeons. Legion has seen more innovations to keep the current content fresh than any previous: M+ with all its affixes, an end-game questing system that rotates all the previous zones rather than just one (like Tanaan), and mini raids and mini patches so we are getting new content every couple of months rather than once a year. The fact that some people still want to complain just shows you'll never please everyone.
    this...

peeps dont look at the majority of players and their experience. they just get pissed at grinding an rpgmmo and have to flame. this game has only gotten more player friendly as time goes on (started mid BC). its the minority that bitch and the majority that are playing with no issues.

there is so much to do now compared to previous expans its stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Artifacts were a great addition, they finally gave players back what we've been asking for the last 3 expansions, talent trees.
    I hope you don't seriously compare full-fledged talents tree with what the artifacts give... Artifacts are a degenerated, simplified version of the talent trees lacking their purpose and functionality. They are only very , very remotely comparable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    I do agree with you, but blizzard does have the ability to throttle player progression in this game and they failed to do so in this expansion. With no cap on how many mythic+ dungeons you can run, people just can't control themselves. It offers an infinite amount of player power, and it rewards people who play far more than people who don't play as much. At this point, they might as well just remove the loot lockout from raids if they're not going to put a cap on mythic dungeons.
    That's a good thing actually.
    I see no point in excessive hand holding, just because a few no life OCDers can't exercise some self control.

MMOs should give you the feeling that there is always sth to do and should be able to withstand a few days of "going nuts b/c vacation etc" w/o telling you "Meep. Done for the week thx for your sub money, roll an alt or check back next week!" after a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The facts disagree with you young man.

Of course, if you DECIDED to do every world quest every day on 10 alts - that is a problem with you, not with the game.
    Fact my ass. And also alts my ass. No fucking alt this expansion. ZERO. lol. Thanks Blizz xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    If your non recurring sub just runs out, like when you use a token, you don't get to leave feedback.
    Probably semantics, but I'd call that letting your subscription expire rather than unsubscribing. I knew when I was writing that post that token users didn't get to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Fact my ass.
    Not sure about your mutated donkey, but indeed they are facts. You can in fact verify this yourself if you want to stop with the whinging long enough to do so.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are seeing more people in Legion because they just recently enabled CRZ for all Legion zones, so now they are always full of people. And making a reply in all caps in a condescending fashion just makes you look like a tool. You totally misinterpreted what I was saying. Someone that spends 100 hours a week should not be more powerful than someone that spends 20 to 30 hours a week. There needs to be a minimum and a maximum. To put it another way, someone who spends 20 hours a week should, in fact, be more powerful than someone that spends 5 hours a week because that 5 hours isn't enough to meet the minimum. Do you understand it now?
    Yes they should, no there shouldn't be. If you can't put in the same amount of time you don't "deserve" to be the same strength. Putting a Maximum on it punishes people who do have the time because random billy that only wants to play a few hours a week will pout like a little bitch if he is weaker in a Videogame.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I see no point in excessive hand holding, just because a few no life OCDers can't exercise some self control.

MMOs should give you the feeling that there is always sth to do and should be able to withstand a few days of "going nuts b/c vacation etc" w/o telling you "Meep. Done for the week thx for your sub money, roll an alt or check back next week!" after a few hours.
    I agree that it's nice for players to always have something to do, but at what point are those things allowing players to go way ahead in power and progression than other players? In previous expansions, once you have finished your daily and weekly things, you were able to stop and relax and maybe play some alts or do some transmog runs, or maybe farm some gold or do other things. Now it's just nonstop Mythic+ spam with an infinite amount of AP and arguably better loot than what current raids have to offer.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Of course you see more people now then you have in years, Legion was the first expansion CRZ'ed a week after launch. Major cities were CRZ'ed prior to Legion launch.
    People keep telling me "IT'S CUZ CRZ BRO!!! CRZ IS ENABLED!!" I play on a Connected Realm that is only connect to 1 other realm. I see players EVERYWHERE, yet the only time I tend to see them from Realms I'm not from is when I choose to find a group in Group finder that has someone from another server.

99% of the time the massive groups of people flocking around dailies are all from my server.

If I had a nickel for every time someone used this excuse after someone says they feel forced to do something...

And yes, there ARE things that make you FEEL forced to do them. If you're a competitive player, you are, in fact, forced to do a lot of things in Legion, else you'll fall behind quickly and not be helping out your team as much as others. Call it what you will.
    If yóu deliberatly chose to do something that makes you miserable I'd called that being either stupid or mentally ill. Being a competative player is a choice, and it has always been tied to 'hard' work.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably doing it the same way every other expansion always did (Though WOD actually did)

You can always be right if you dismiss enough evidence and isolate yourself to some specific conditions.
    In that sense, yes, legion is killing player base as did vanilla and BC, just like rainbows on the planet zhuzhu in Univers 207GS330Z02 are making the night sky look fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Vanilla gave me the feeling that there was always something to do, by having actual long-term goals with lenghty leveling and slow raid progression.
    Legion is an endless repetition of short-term grinds, with little to do with the actual game world. It's a meta-grind, and without end.

Deleted
    U r forced into NOTHING ! THere is0.01 % , who are forced into such things , the rest can decide on their own, if they want this or not , it's not required for the other 99.99%