Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    If he brought that plan over to the USA, he would need one hell of a chopper to pull that off. He would def. have to make many, many trips.

I just picture Duterte hanging out of a helicopter, over the ocean with the sun setting behind him- about to feed some pork barrel crony to the sharks....
    never mind the chopper... is there enough fuel to make it run for all those trips?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    If mankind wants to end up as a bunch of loin-clad club-swinging barbarians again, who am I to stop their democratically elected fate?
    And likewise, if Germans want to end up at the mercy of modern-day loin-clad club-swinging barbarians - imported by Merkel & Co. - who would we be to stop them?

It seems, nowadays at least, you either become them or find yourself subjected to them. Filipinos are giving the former a try, and they apparently like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    If mankind wants to end up as a bunch of loin-clad club-swinging barbarians again, who am I to stop their democratically elected fate?
    At least they elected their Maniac. Europe is saddled with Merkel's madness with no say on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The problem is, sanctioning them does nothing. It just makes the rest of the world villains.
    Sanctions in general never hurt the people they're supposed to hurt. Embargoes/etc have a long history of being self-defeating, typically solidifying the support for whatever leader/regime they are intended to destabilize.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Probably the wrong argument to be making on this board given its preponderance of women-haters.
    Ok.

You got a promotion I wanted, so I kill you. "I saw him selling drugs to people" "Here, have a medal"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    And likewise, if Germans want to end up at the mercy of modern-day loin-clad club-swinging barbarians - imported by Merkel & Co. - who would we be to stop them?

It seems, nowadays at least, you either become them or find yourself subjected to them. Filipinos are giving the former a try, and they apparently like it.
    To be fair, it's easy to have a high approval rating when you toss everyone that doesn't like you out of a helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    At least they elected their Maniac. Europe is saddled with Merkel's madness with no say on the matter.
    Merkel is elected too. Social/Political Stockholm Syndrome works wonders.

death sentence for all suspects

do it ..now

Germans elected her. Yet she is forcing Greeks to lower pensions and raise taxes. Forcing Poles to take refugees. Blocking Italy from taking a bailout. Europe didn't elect her, but here she is overstepping her power.

15+ Year Old Account

Of course they like it, just like as the crowd gathered in the Middle Ages and the times during early Protestant Reformation around stakes when there was a witch or heretic to burn and clapped their hands. Fortunately it wasn't their likes who developed the rule of law which has since become a measuring factor for a modern civilization.

I will ignore your quip about "Merkel's barbarians" only saying this: Being opposed to some extreme doesn't mean I am honouring the opposite extreme. As Nietzsche said: He who fights monsters... and so on.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    never mind the chopper... is there enough fuel to make it run for all those trips?
    He would need a Star Destroyer or something that sized to fit all the corrupt politicians here. I would support him on this though. DC needs a good cleaning.

Who wears the dress better trump or duterte ?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I'm not exactly for the guy doing this whenever he wants. I love the idea of death being the penalty for politicians knowingly allowing things that harm the country they represent.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Merkel was elected, nice try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    I'm not exactly for the guy doing this whenever he wants. I love the idea of death being the penalty for politicians knowingly allowing things that harm the country they represent.
    Such as Duterte himself?

- - - Updated - - -

Germans elected her. Yet she is forcing Greeks to lower pensions and raise taxes. Forcing Poles to take refugees. Blocking Italy from taking a bailout. Europe didn't elect her, but here she is overstepping her power.
    All these countries can elect leaders willing to leave the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

To think people actually believe this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    At some point this fucker needs to be taken out. Especially when his country supports him so much.
    This pair of sentences are rather anti-democratic when taken in concert, don't you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    I love the idea of death being the penalty for politicians knowingly allowing things that harm the country they represent.
    If that's the policy, we're going to need a lot more helicopters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    All these countries can elect leaders willing to leave the EU.
    We will. Le Pen is next in line.

10+ Year Old Account
    We will. Le Pen is next in line.
    Sure, dream on.

Next you'll say Wilders will become the PM of the Netherlands.

Sure, dream on.

Next you'll say Wilders will become the PM of the Netherlands.
    Netherlands is too far gone. Got to treat those who still have a chance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...election,_2017

All polls show him leading, tho.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2016-12-29 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Netherlands is too far gone. Got to treat those who still have a chance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...election,_2017

All polls show him leading, tho.
    lol, we are doing fine.

None of the big parties want to work with Wilders, so he really has close to no chance of becoming PM. Leading polls means nothing if you can not get a majority.

Deleted
    lol, we are doing fine.

None of the big parties want to work with Wilders, so he really has close to no chance of becoming PM. Leading polls means nothing if you can not get a majority.
    Seems to be an odd way of democracy when two parties with 26% each can defeat one that receives say 41% of the votes and the other 7% going to small parties. One would think the 41% one would win in any case, despite 2 others being able to field a combined 50+%.