Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Well I'm not saving boxes, and taking the word of blues is silly most of the time.

I was thinking that the cache was just a series of code that if consumed pulled from a predetermined list with a slice of rng and modifiers. Right now I think the cache is bugged because I get tons of warforged and titanforged items that don't actually upgrade correctly.
    where are we taking the blues words?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    The loot is decided when you turn in your 4Q. Not when you open them.
    Pointless to stack..

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    where are we taking the blues words?
    Oh no, just saying, since someone is going around saying confirmed blue post blahblah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Pointless to stack..
    So you could stack a couple turn ins pre patch?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

So does that also mean that bad luck protection from this source is added also on quest turn in and not on the cache opening?

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, just saying, since someone is going around saying confirmed blue post blahblah.

- - - Updated - - -

yes you could, that would work, if you hold onto 2/3 before patch day, then hand them in on patch day, they would be new

buty no blue posts dident confirm that boxes in wow are deteremed when they "spawn" we did back in vanilla and BC, just like how boss loot is deteremeined when they spawn, but we cant see that anymore, in BC rogues would get on as soon as the server spawned and would rush in and out of black temple till a warglaive would show up on their atlasloot, (as gear wouldent show up till it "loaded" on the server) that way you knew either 1, you found a glaive, somone else found a glaive, or a rogue with that glaive logged onto the server, so rogues would watch eachother for this, and go for the glaive they want, i think preach? made a video on it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Errete View Post
    So does that also mean that bad luck protection from this source is added also on quest turn in and not on the cache opening?
    yes, when you hand in the cache

the only thing we would reccomend as we know it will work 100% is to not hand in the 2 newest emissary caches, so you have one that lasts 2 days, 1 that lasts 1, then the new one on patch day, so on patch day you can get 3 caches instead of 1, other then that its not worth the risk

we dont know 100% on how the emisarry caches work loot system wise, but we can only go off the past, and the past says its deteremined on obtaining it
    again based on if you got a loot crate from a class halls/garrison missions, and opened it then a rollback haperned, it would be the same item, also with old lockboxes and gem bags

yes you could, that would work, if you hold onto 2/3 before patch day, then hand them in on patch day, they would be new

buty no blue posts dident confirm that boxes in wow are deteremed when they "spawn" we did back in vanilla and BC, just like how boss loot is deteremeined when they spawn, but we cant see that anymore, in BC rogues would get on as soon as the server spawned and would rush in and out of black temple till a warglaive would show up on their atlasloot, (as gear wouldent show up till it "loaded" on the server) that way you knew either 1, you found a glaive, somone else found a glaive, or a rogue with that glaive logged onto the server, so rogues would watch eachother for this, and go for the glaive they want, i think preach? made a video on it
    Yeah I member the glaive dickery, and he did yes.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I copied my char to the PTR 5 times with 28 boxes.

2 out of 5 chars had a legendary pop, Kil'jaden's burning wish (which got nerfed from 800k to 400k for aoe) and norgannon-whatever-hope-he-burns-in-hell boots.

5 out of 5 chars got different loot each time.

So if they are pre-determined, does that mean when you copy the chars, everything gets re-generated? Or the code on PTR is different?

Also, in OW, i trust Jeff, as for Watcher/Ion/Celestalon/whoever the hell it is, not so much.

So even if it IS pre-determined, fk it, i waited this long, might as well wait a little longer. Spam opening 40+ boxes is gonna be either happiness or suicidal thoughts.

Deleted
    snip
    I'm trying really hard to not bash my head in when reading your senseless train of thought, lack of proof and knowledge of the game.
    How can you be so sure that it works this way? Are you in the team coding these items for Blizzard? Know anyone that does? You provide zero evidence for your claims and the comparison to a 12 old version is just mind blowing retarded.

And no, the caches don't work like "typical boxes" in the past. You can't simply open it, look inside and then close it with same items if you re-do it. Therefore you can't possibly be sure that the items are pre-determined.

The only way to test this by some extent is copying a char with caches to the PTR and open it there. If you actually are eligible to get the new legendaries it proves that the boxes actually "roll the item" at the moment they are opened, not when acquired. I have read on other forum threads that people have done this, but without supplying sufficient evidence for my liking. So therefore it is doubt and controversial. And gives players more than enough reason to save them and open it on patchday.

But obviously, if you manage to provide actual plausible evidence then by all means carry on with that attitude. But before that, stop making yourself look stupid.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    I'm trying really hard to not bash my head in when reading your senseless train of thought, lack of proof and knowledge of the game.
    How can you be so sure that it works this way? Are you in the team coding these items for Blizzard? Know anyone that does? You provide zero evidence for your claims and the comparison to a 12 old version is just mind blowing retarded.

And no, the caches don't work like "typical boxes" in the past. You can't simply open it, look inside and then close it with same items if you re-do it. Therefore you can't possibly be sure that the items are pre-determined.

The only way to test this by some extent is copying a char with caches to the PTR and open it there. If you actually are eligible to get the new legendaries it proves that the boxes actually "roll the item" at the moment they are opened, not when acquired. I have read on other forum threads that people have done this, but without supplying sufficient evidence for my liking. So therefore it is doubt and controversial. And gives players more than enough reason to save them and open it on patchday.

But obviously, if you manage to provide actual plausible evidence then by all means carry on with that attitude. But before that, stop making yourself look stupid.

Peace

I guess the best piece of evidence we have is when you run a random dungeon on your alt, you get a bag with a random piece of gear in it. I would have them sitting in my bags, due to not needing anything with hierloom; when I opened them they would be near the ilvl of when I completed the dungeon. They would not be my current ilvl. I hope this helps with evidence of not being able to stack caches and hoping for a new legendary.

Then again, the legion pre launch event players would be able to save the caches from there and open them at 100 for all max level loot...

Blizzard goes both ways, and has examples on both sides of the fence. There is no harm is holding off on opening your horde of caches. If you need the gear now, open them now. If you do not need the gear now, save them.

Deleted
    You know what is funny.

I stacked chests a couple of months ago when there were blue ilvl 810~ items in them. I had about 15 chests

You guys remember the hotfix when they upped the items to reflect world quest quality?

Guess what. All of my chests hat ilvl 835+ and higher epic gear in them. Even the ones I acquired back when there were only blue items in them.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Pointless to stack..
    No, thats not true at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    You know what is funny.

I stacked chests a couple of months ago when there were blue ilvl 810~ items in them. I had about 15 chests

You guys remember the hotfix when they upped the items to reflect world quest quality?

Guess what. All of my chests hat ilvl 835+ and higher epic gear in them. Even the ones I acquired back when there were only blue items in them.

well thats because the items inside, were changed, so if they were in your bag they would have been changed to 830 anyways

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    I copied my char to the PTR 5 times with 28 boxes.

2 out of 5 chars had a legendary pop, Kil'jaden's burning wish (which got nerfed from 800k to 400k for aoe) and norgannon-whatever-hope-he-burns-in-hell boots.

5 out of 5 chars got different loot each time.

So if they are pre-determined, does that mean when you copy the chars, everything gets re-generated? Or the code on PTR is different?

Also, in OW, i trust Jeff, as for Watcher/Ion/Celestalon/whoever the hell it is, not so much.

So even if it IS pre-determined, fk it, i waited this long, might as well wait a little longer. Spam opening 40+ boxes is gonna be either happiness or suicidal thoughts.
    can you do some more tests, just to make sure, maybe 5 more?
    simply going off the past and how boxes have allways worked is what was deciding to not save them, but if the boxes really do decide when you open them, and not when you obtain them, then we can save them up

Deleted
    well thats because the items inside, were changed, so if they were in your bag they would have been changed to 830 anyways
    That could be true yeah.

Remember though when TOV hit we received a full log of emissary quests so there is a chance we get the same thing in 7.1.5. Saving your turn ins could be bad if they are replaced with new ones

They announced they want players to open their chests and consume their AP as they get them.
    I doubt they'll do something as stupid as allowing past chests to yield higher ilevel items.
    But then again.. They did announce the "doubling down on strengths" right before they nerfed warlock survival by removing half of it.. so..

Well now I know you are just making shit up. When they hotfixed the boxes to change with your itemlevel, the gear obtained from them in the past was 100% not changed. But old boxes I had saved granted the new items.

There is a very big difference between these caches and a typical lockbox of old. The new system was designed in WoD when people were getting the loot boxes from the daily challenge mode, if you opened the box and didnt like the item inside you could change specs and the item would be different. They were changed so that the item is awarded similar to a bonus roll to prevent people from having the ability to change specs and pick the best item.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

If you're trying to get one of the new legendaries, no need to stack them since loot is generated on drop not open. If you already have 2+ legendaries it probably wouldn't hurt to stack them since they'll likely roll 940s. Scaling items, since WotLK I believe (?), have always shifted level and ilvl based on current conditions in the game. I.e. holding onto Legion invasion caches when leveling from 10-100 allowed you to open all max level gear from the caches (but the base item stayed the same - if you got gloves at level 15, they were gloves at 100). I believe LFG bags work the same.

Also when a patch came out in the past changing loot from caches, caches earned before that date didn't have the new gear. But when they fixed the item level, they did have the new ilvl.

So, based on past chests, I'd argue that legendaries would likely roll 940 not 910 if you opened them after the patch; however, Blizzard could and may fix this to avoid stacking caches.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kerathul View Post
    I don't think the badluck protection will reset when patch 7.1.5 comes live, that would like remove the whole idea of bad luck protection.

There is however a video of a person who holded on to his caches for when 7.1 came out I remember he had ~18 or more caches and only 1 legendary dropped from this ''tactic''. With the rise of 7.1 the legendaries also scaled from 895 to 910. So his ''new'' legendary was 910, but all the other legendaries that people received before 7.1 also scaled up.

So, my first thought would be that the ''old'' legendaries will also scale up to 940. It comes new to me that the ''new'' legendaries will be 940 though.

There was also someone who stated that the loot that drop from the emissary caches are already generated, because the loot will be generated the moment you receive the emissary cache.

On the other hand, last month I leveled up a priest it was 110 on a monday the next day tuesday it got a BiS dungeon legendary, drop from Il'gynoth normal. I just advise you do content and you will receive your legendary.

Don't worry I don't miss your point and that is that you want one of the newer legendaries to drop from the world emissary caches. If you are not screaming for a legendary, just try it out and stack them, as Blizzard doesn't really provide good information about the RNG with legendaries. Other than ''badluck protection''. Be aware that when you do content a legendary can drop from literally anything, yes I have been witnessed where a legendary dropped off from a f deer.

In my opinion there is not enough data to really get a good answer for the question you are asking. Other than: ''yeah eehh badluck protection''.
    Distilled Titan Essence is an item which upgrades legendaries. Just look at wowhead.

- - - Updated - - -

can you do some more tests, just to make sure, maybe 5 more?
    simply going off the past and how boxes have allways worked is what was deciding to not save them, but if the boxes really do decide when you open them, and not when you obtain them, then we can save them up
    I can't, the Copy feature on the PTR was removed a while ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    I can't, the Copy feature on the PTR was removed a while ago.
    ahh ok, then it does seem to point out that these items dont at all work like old item caches, so yes holding them might be worthwhile