Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Your opinion is just as equally valid as mine.

I'm enjoying Legion. For me personally it's leaps and bounds better than Warlords. I am excited to log on. There is literally too much for me to do .. and I say this as someone who doesn't really care much about WQs. I knock out a few for the Emissary and leave it at that. I'm not one of the crazy people who spams dungeons for Artifact Power. I'm just playing the game and enjoying the heck out of the content that I want to do (read: a handful of M+ dungeons a week, Karazhan and some raiding on a 2-night schedule). I haven't been having this much fun since the middle of classic WoW.

Nothing wrong with Legion its a good expansion pack, WoW is just an old game now and while the new expansions bring new content, the bottom line is its always the same stuff just in a different form such as world quests, just another way of doing dailys. The Artifact System, just something else to farm and another reason to keep doing the same type of content we've always had anyway, quests/dungeons etc... The new dungeons and raids, look different but ultimately just the same as all the others.... None of this is a problem, its just what WoW is and the type of game it is.
    WoW is 10 years old, if you've been playing since the start like me and you dont find it boring then you probably arent normal.... Personally, I only renew every other month just to get my fix, do a few bits and bobs.... but then I play other games. I dont commit to raiding nothing anymore, I am strictly just a casual. I dont even care that I dont do all the emissarys every single day, simply put I only do what I enjoy because its just a game and thats that.
    Play if you want too and only when you want too. If you are moaning about a game being boring then you seriously need to analyse your life priorities, its just a game.. No ones forcing you to play it and theres a million other games out there to play, so put WoW down for at least a while and go have fun in other games.
    Maybe after a few weeks you will feel fresh headed to revisit WoW and then play again for abit until you are bored, then just do the same. Its what I do.
    Or just dont play it at all. It really doesnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    And again, by that logic pve is pve *shrug*

if the participation is lower, at it is, then the problem is at hand
    Do you have the numbers that correlate this inference?
    You'd argue that WoW pvp worked because it was just about as unique in it's expectations as dark souls pve? LOL.

Even if you did have the data, participation would be down anyways due to world quest and dungeon gear being more easily obtainable. PvP doesn't have a gear requirement, no need to keep up on gear, no need to pvp. Pvp talents offset this to a point - there's reason enough to play, but now it's skill based, and competitive. If you want to play, then play. If you don't, don't simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    PvP gear was only "good" when you're the one who got it in time and were able to bash those who geared up later... But "noob bashing" has little to do with real pvp.
    See, people actually have sense. And it took 12 years for it to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    This didnt need a necro. It needed to be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Sorry but it's been like 12 years since I've "drooled" over gear. SNIP Time to move on.
    Very sad indeed. I did move on... to Vanilla. Staying with WoD/Legion is what really needs to be moved on from. It's garbage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Nothing wrong with Legion its a good expansion pack, WoW is just an old game now and while the new expansions bring new content, the bottom line is its always the same stuff just in a different form such as world quests, just another way of doing dailys. The Artifact System, just something else to farm and another reason to keep doing the same type of content we've always had anyway, quests/dungeons etc... The new dungeons and raids, look different but ultimately just the same as all the others.... None of this is a problem, its just what WoW is and the type of game it is.
    WoW is 10 years old, if you've been playing since the start like me and you dont find it boring then you probably arent normal.... Personally, I only renew every other month just to get my fix, do a few bits and bobs.... but then I play other games. I dont commit to raiding nothing anymore, I am strictly just a casual. I dont even care that I dont do all the emissarys every single day, simply put I only do what I enjoy because its just a game and thats that.
    Play if you want too and only when you want too. If you are moaning about a game being boring then you seriously need to analyse your life priorities, its just a game.. No ones forcing you to play it and theres a million other games out there to play, so put WoW down for at least a while and go have fun in other games.
    Maybe after a few weeks you will feel fresh headed to revisit WoW and then play again for abit until you are bored, then just do the same. Its what I do.
    Or just dont play it at all. It really doesnt matter
    You make too much sense for this forum and for the people that expect one game to give them everything they need or want, preferably for all their free time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Who knows without actual numbers. Imo, there's plenty for casual players to do, the game still makes it very easy to participate and obtain gear. If it's pruning people that don't want to participate then that's great. The game isn't at fault for lack of content.
    WoD was at fault for the lack of content.

Quote Originally Posted by spawny View Post
    "Can we not have this discussion literally every expansion please?"

If you don't want to discuss it then why the hell have you posted in this thread?
    I'm not discussing it. I'm asking to not have more shit posts like this

?? relax MoP baby
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Very sad indeed. I did move on... to Vanilla. Staying with WoD/Legion is what really needs to be moved on from. It's garbage.
    I'll give you WoD, but Vanilla is terrible compared to Legion. I'm glad that you're enjoying Vanilla but I personally would never want to play that version of the game again. Fun thing though... Everybody's got an opinion and we're both right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Hey guys, I think he plays Vanilla on a private server. In case you didn't understand it the first 20 times he posted it.

Legion RNG and "balance" is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly Legion is not that bad, but the game itself is pretty old and always the same basically. Every expansion in my opinion has less lifespan than the predecessor because of that, you can enjoy the first couple of month, and I bet the majority of players did, but after a while become boring.
    This is not a matter of hating the game, Legion is decent but people become bored faster than the past.

Legion player base seems the strongest in years...

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    But you also can't blame players from chasing incentives.
    The incentives rewarded smarter play ... (e.g. The Wardens requires zero additional work if you were smart).

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    to world quests/M+ which incentivized a TON of playing.
    No - they incentivised low - medium levels of play.

However - the problem is, people see spending an extra 80% effort for 0.1% return as some mandatory job.

That's their own fault.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

No expansion has ever been so bad that it "Killed" the playerbase. Some people leave and some stay. It may be different people each time but it's the same reason, not everyone likes the same thing.

If you don't like WoW in its current state then quit. That's how it works. You shouldn't have to beg and plead devs to make the game the way YOU think it should be to satisfy you when it clearly satisfies a lot of people already.

Just make sure if you do quit to make 100 threads on MMO champ about how Legion sucks and is bad and the Devs should feel bad.

I've seen this thread pop up during EVERY expac. Coming from TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, and WoD!

And here's how it goes:

Wrath is too casual, worst expac.

Cata is too hard, worst expac.

MoP is too childish, worst expac.

WoD has nothing, worst expac.

Legion has too much rng, as well as too much content, time wink, whaaaa, worst expac.

There's no stopping you guys eh?

Meh, don't worry about this thread guys, Lost its relevance ever since we (The player base) grew a brain. Meaning we never cared for this thread since it was even posted.

Move along. Nothing too see here. This is not the bait we're looking for.

7+ Year Old Account
    The titles of topics on this forum start to remind buzzfeed more and more .

Besides, I don't think that having "Millions" of players still, equals dying game.

Remember, WoW is an old MMORPG. People will leave to try new, and different things. Healvsbabyface did it, sodapoppin did it, I do sometimes as well.

However, I don't get the "Hate" over this expac, mostly with the time-sinks. I can get the RNG, as well as the unbalanced ideals. But with time-sinks, like..what?

Do you expect everything on a silver-platter? It's called an MMORPG for a reason, quit whining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xtin View Post
    The titles of topics on this forum start to remind buzzfeed more and more .
    Sadly, you're not wrong.

Cant speak for anyone but myself but, Im unsubbed, and I stayed subbed ALLL through WoD. To much rng in the game. I dont mind RNG but when players who played 1/4 of the time I did and show up to half the raids out gear me because loluproll Im done. Luck can be too rewarding while effort and time not rewarding enough.
    READ and be less Ignorant.