Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    "Yes it's totally unrealistic", said the man-ox as he removed his ceremonial robe, revealing his hard, thick three foot totempole.
    "Now, forget the fireballs and deer... and bend over boy, I'm going to teach you about the elements.."

That more realistic RP for you?

(It's a world of magic, weird beasts and fucking huge shoulderplate armor, nothing in the world makes sense so I'm not sure why deer surviving a fireball would suddenly be "immersion breaking")
    WoW lore is still rooted in reality, deers aren't flame resistant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Really? In a world where magical fire-resistance is a thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Its the same, thats why i said this is the best levelling experience so far... I could jump in at max level and still have the people i am helping contribute to the quest rather than sit there while i just kill everything.

Ultimately it really doesn't matter, i am max level don't have a toon below 870 and i can't see myself levelling another any time soon. But this is the best levelling Blizz has ever done and i wouldn't have wanted it ruined by people who had maxed it in 12 hours and hurt the experience for other people still levelling which happened in previous xpacs including Wod.
    I don't remember max characters killing quest mobs in WoD for lolz. Much like I never see level 60+ in Barrens

- - - Updated - - -

Really? In a world where magical fire-resistance is a thing?
    For magic users not wildlife. Am I really explaining game mechanics aren't considered lore?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perr View Post
    It's funny you mention RP. My character has defeated Kel'Thuzad, Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing, Archimonde...twice! Buuut those random boars in Elwynn forest are just as hard to kill now as they did when I was a lvl 5 nobody.
    I don't give a fuck about RP. The OP mentioned it.
    The boars in the Elwynn forest should be hard when you were a lvl5 nodoby. But they're not, you faceroll all level appropriate legacy content without any danger. The zones should scale to your level.

Just like pulling the whole city of Suramar doesn't hurt you now that you're in raid gear. But it was dangerous when it was appropriate ilvl.

Try wearing armor and standing next to a bear in the real world, kill its cub too if you want to test it... You can wear whatever you like that bear is going to kill you.

The idea that you can kill Archimonde while you have a tank and healers and a bear still hurts you i think is valid, try soloing Archimonde at level, he would kill you faster than the bear, which i think is a valid RP experience.

Sure you can get more proficient at killing the bear, which comes with gear and power level... But that bear should still kill you if you stand there and let it.
    Demo is fine... play better.

Deleted
    For magic users not wildlife.
    So what about if someone changed the nearby well, so that animals that drink from it become fire resistant?
    Drinking from various wells and their effects are well documented in the lore.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It also doesnt take 10 strikes with a 8ft sword to kill a bear nor can a man survive 15 arrows to the chest but whatever When you're RPing you usually ignore the mobs as been there anyway because its immersion breaking having a deer survive five fireballs to the face
    Level scaling would never apply to the entire world to the same degree. They would scale based on continent and for azeroth they would probably do a few brackets. Dont worry, if it happened to old zones you can still RP walk through the forest. Furthermore realism has never had a place in WoW. If you want a gritty RP experience, maybe WoW isnt for you.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Ultimately it really doesn't matter, i am max level don't have a toon below 870 and i can't see myself levelling another any time soon. But this is the best levelling Blizz has ever done and i wouldn't have wanted it ruined by people who had maxed it in 12 hours and hurt the experience for other people still levelling which happened in previous xpacs including Wod.
    I am genuinely missing it. How would someone at max level ruin your leveling experience? I can't think of any real cases where a max level person ruined my experience. The closest I get now is being in a area with a ton of the opposite faction and they tag everything, which made Helheim a real pain in the ass on my first run through and it would have been better if they did 1 shot things, because they would have respawned faster. But maybe it's not a option the first 2 months of the Xpac, how would a max level person today adversely affect someone leveling today?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    This.
    Whats the point of levels if you gain nothing by leveling?
    I believe the answer is "A sense of progression" Sometimes you don't really need to progress to feel good. You just need to feel like you have progressed.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-12-29 at 06:31 PM.

The point of level-scaling zones in Legion were to implement the world quest system.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Level scaling is a stupid concept.
    If Blizzard wish to implement it, I'd prefer they simply remove the whole "level" idea from the game entirely. Would be more elegant, simpler and less absurd.
    This.
    Whats the point of levels if you gain nothing by leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    The entire point of the game is to see new worlds and kill new monsters. Scaling helps this.
    Actually, that's opposite, scaling destroys the point of the game, both mechanically and relative to immersion : it makes leveling pointless, and it makes everywhere equal, so without character. No special place, no bumps, just a flat line of "everything the same".

Level scaling was one of the best things they could have done for controlling the power curve during the leveling experience.

Deleted
    So what about if someone changed the nearby well, so that animals that drink from it become fire resistant?
    Drinking from various wells and their effects are well documented in the lore.
    I'm assuming you don't RP so it's kinda impossible to explain it. A lot of RPers use a DnD style /roll system because the gameplay mechanics contridict the lore.

How would World Quests work then?

Plus from a lore point of view, all of this is happening at once. It isnt a phased approach where you take over one zone, then battle for the next. There is no basis for why the mobs would be different strength simply because of a zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    The point of level-scaling zones in Legion were to implement the world quest system.
    This could still occur without scaling everything

Actually, that's opposite, scaling destroys the point of the game, both mechanically and relative to immersion : it makes leveling pointless, and it makes everywhere equal, so without character. No special place, no bumps, just a flat line of "everything the same".
    Oh BS. Have any of you actually continued to play the same game I am playing beyond iLevel 810 @ 110?

At my iLevel and equipment now I can take on 10 mobs that would have steamrolled me when I first his 110 and keep chugging along.

God Mode still exists.

Disagreed, everything should scale, and loot tables on older instances should be (and could be rather easily) upscaled based on level to make them worth going to. Having ICC drop current rare mats and / or recipes would be pretty interesting.

Deleted
    You didn't outlevel zones in vanilla and TBC. They boosted exp gain in retired zones AFTER they were relevant so new characters can hit the current content faster.
    I am level 24 in barrens Right at this moment in vanilla

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Common misconception that future level scaling would put everything on the same tier. Their big mistake for 100-110 was the lack of new abilities. Leveling in legion felt good on a DH but thats it.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by awbaker View Post
    How would World Quests work then?

Plus from a lore point of view, all of this is happening at once. It isnt a phased approach where you take over one zone, then battle for the next. There is no basis for why the mobs would be different strength simply because of a zone.
    The WQ area zone could scale.

Lorewise the mobs make no sense anyway