Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The death of arena

After today's tweet from Holinka, the titles are right and they changed the end of season rewards requirement without telling anyone about it.

After the abysmal low participation of legion season 1, I'm expecting an even less number that will participate in season 2 due to rewards being non-existent. Challenger was 2k CR...

What do you guys think?

Blizzard making some pretty big blunders after acting like WoD was a learning experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Yeah, that's a little crazy. I think participation is going to be helped by catch up mechanics though. Crossing my fingers.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Yeah, that's a little crazy. I think participation is going to be helped by catch up mechanics though. Crossing my fingers.
    Tbh I wouldnt expect much. Its more than just the honor/ap gating, a big part of the problem is how RNG based gear is from pvp and the other big problem is the prune took away a lot of finese from many specs - for me its simply not fun post prune.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

A few factors are killing arena numbers. The lack of titles certainly will snowball and keep more people from playing them. Gear no longer being a reward worth chasing for pvp people start to go with the easiest options. This is an odd turn around since they were pushing WoW pvp as an esport. With the current pvp options and rewards you are going to have people just spam bgs and maybe do the one RBG win of the week for the big AP reward. Of course if you only pvp you can easily be to the point that AP no longer has any benefit for you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I've spent a shitton of time and energy to l2p a new class since I've had to reroll because they turned both feral and enha into retardclasses. Furthermore, I take long breaks between expansions, so I've been always forced to find completely new teammates and try to make it work.

All this for some shitty legion s1 2x duelist? Ughh... Legion has been fun for a while, but there's other things to do than play WoW.
    mmmh I wouldn't call feral a 'retardclass'. I mean, it's more of a damage bot than it used to be, but it still is a lot trickier to play than most classes (which you probably know). Making sure that almost every rip/rake is boosted by both SR and BT is pretty tricky in an arena environment. Imho if there is 1 single spec that got massively hit by the 'retardclass'-hammer, it would be sub-rogues. They used to be very tactical in play-style with keeping buffs/timers/bleeds up and deciding when to use shadow dance offensively/defensively. Now they are simple damage bots with a spammable stun (in SD) that kinda screws DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    After today's tweet from Holinka, the titles are right and they changed the end of season rewards requirement without telling anyone about it.

After the abysmal low participation of legion season 1, I'm expecting an even less number that will participate in season 2 due to rewards being non-existent. Challenger was 2k CR...

What do you guys think?
    He is digging PVP a grave.

Someone will overturn Holinka, don't worry. At the very least, they will go back to the old requirements for rewards - quite possibly lowering them significantly. If they don't and if they don't do anything for gear / artifact (AK item is not enough), well... you can kiss PVP good-bye.

You know Blizzard couldn't care less about PvP in WoW if this guy still has his job. Absolutely incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    You know Blizzard couldn't care less about PvP in WoW if this guy still has his job. Absolutely incredible.
    Not just that, but they let him tweet his tweets that make players go crazy bananas when these tweets will be left unattended for the whole holidays.

If I were Holinka's boss, he'd have gotten a call right after I saw that tweet throwing "shut up, it's fine" in the face of revolting players.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Not just that, but they let him tweet his tweets that make players go crazy bananas when these tweets will be left unattended for the whole holidays.

If I were Holinka's boss, he'd have gotten a call right after I saw that tweet throwing "shut up, it's fine" in the face of revolting players.
    This is super tinfoil hat of me but sometimes I really just think they want nothing to do with maintaining certain aspects of this game so they just half-ass it in hopes that the general playerbase just gives up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Nope.

Patch 7.1.5 has more pruning coming along with more unbalance due to PVE DPS changes. Stat template knee jerk reaction would be icing on the cake.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-12-29 at 08:03 PM.

I feel bad for arena people, I really do... all 5,000 of them.

ya idk how the fuck you guys find the will to do rated pvp this expac. between the shitty class design that made everything a mongo fest, having this clown in charge, and no gear to look forward to it just looks like a real shitfest

15+ Year Old Account
    how do u have a game for 10+ years and continue to get worse and worse at designing it? I actually feel bad for all the people out there that got screwed out of titles. 2k for challenger? Is that a joke? It used to be like 1500 for challenger back in the day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Blizzard making some pretty big blunders after acting like WoD was a learning experience.
    Blizzard claims EVERY expansion is a learning experience. You'd think after 10 years they found a formula that worked and stuck to it - or combined the best, most popular aspects from each expansion. It's not even too late for them to fix PvP right now, but they probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Blizzard claims EVERY expansion is a learning experience. You'd think after 10 years they found a formula that worked and stuck to it - or combined the best, most popular aspects from each expansion. It's not even too late for them to fix PvP right now, but they probably won't.
    Of course it's a learning experience every expansion because instead of just improving existing things that worked they're busy trying to reinvent the fucking wheel every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    how do u have a game for 10+ years and continue to get worse and worse at designing it?
    One word: Holinka
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Did you actually read the tweet or just random whining. Its written black on white :

"Plan to address this next week. Short answer: Shorter season, stricter "participation" metric resulted in less rewards."

Deleted
    i have no idea what are you guys talking about i had so much fun this expansion in pvp finallay i can win i found class thats im good at :dh

7+ Year Old Account
    they want pvp to die, its really the only explanation for holinka still having a job. If i was this bad at mine no one would hire me.

Things like the destro warlock nerfs show how ignorant they are. Also they arbitrarily delete constructive posts from the forums while ignore high rated players feed back