Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well after a break since i just clearing stuff after beating the main story i got around to the 'puzzle dungeon' which turns out is a really shitty platforming dungeon in a game where you can let go of the controller and noctis will turn on the spot, or stumble or roll apropos of nothing which makes very very simple puzzles become an exercise in frustration. Hands down the worst experience i have had yet in a PS4 game and now i have played No Mans Sky
    Someone challenged Square to make some worse platforming then the sections in KH1 and this was the result.

So i'm off doing a lvl.99 hunt and after i kill it the camera pulls away to show a familiar red Niflheim ship, Aranea jumps out and now i have FIVE party members and she follows me around for like 30 minutes then dawn comes and she says "i see the demons are taken care of, later, your highness" and DRG jumps outta there.

Is this just something i never ran into over 110 hours or something patched in?
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-12-29 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always been there.

Well shit. 110 hours and never had it happen before.

So I got to ask.

I'm I the only one who beat the story and hasn't picked it back up since?

I think I played maybe a hour at most since I beat the story, I really don't have any drive to do the side stuff. Oddy enough the side things like world bosses was something I originally looked forward to.

Kinda waiting for the MP DLC and if it ever comes the up to 60fps patch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I put it down for a couple of weeks and FFXIV's fan fest gave me another hankering since the next XIV updates a couple of weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i'm off doing a lvl.99 hunt and after i kill it the camera pulls away to show a familiar red Niflheim ship, Aranea jumps out and now i have FIVE party members and she follows me around for like 30 minutes then dawn comes and she says "i see the demons are taken care of, later, your highness" and DRG jumps outta there.

Is this just something i never ran into over 110 hours or something patched in?
    Yea at some point in the story she makes a comment about running a search and rescue operation, and I think her randomly showing up is part of that. I had her drop in on some of my nighttime demon fights

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So I got to ask.

I'm I the only one who beat the story and hasn't picked it back up since?

I think I played maybe a hour at most since I beat the story, I really don't have any drive to do the side stuff. Oddy enough the side things like world bosses was something I originally looked forward to.

Kinda waiting for the MP DLC and if it ever comes the up to 60fps patch.
    Originally when I finished I didn't want to play again... then a few days later I was all "you know I kind of rushed through things so I should play again" and fired up a New Game +.

I put in about 80 hours before putting it down for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Originally when I finished I didn't want to play again... then a few days later I was all "you know I kind of rushed through things so I should play again" and fired up a New Game +.
    Ya I think ill pick it back up soon. Just kinda beat it and left it alone for a bit. Just waiting to hear more about the DLC before I buy the season pass.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dropped it after i beat the story mostly because i did all side quests besides Hunts & (obviously) the special dungeons.
    I had Shadow of Mordor around for awhile that i needed to beat. And Warframe did the War Within patch so i played those.

Yesterday however i bought the Season pass and started working on the Hunts. Kinda hyped about the dlcs and see how the multiplayer will work. Seen a thread on gamefaqs that characters like Aranea, Cor etc will be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I dropped it after i beat the story mostly because i did all side quests besides Hunts & (obviously) the special dungeons.
    I had Shadow of Mordor around for awhile that i needed to beat. And Warframe did the War Within patch so i played those.

Yesterday however i bought the Season pass and started working on the Hunts. Kinda hyped about the dlcs and see how the multiplayer will work. Seen a thread on gamefaqs that characters like Aranea, Cor etc will be playable.
    You can get Aranea right now. Pretty easy to do actually. I am about to finish the no item dungeon here very shortly. After that I am going to finish the hunts then farm the Magitec V2 suit and then wait on DLC. Up to 89 hours played so far

My current entertainment at work is watching people do 5 hour runs of Pitios and rage out on youtube lol

10+ Year Old Account
    So, saw the English ending (someone streaming). So apparently...

Noctis says "You guys are the best". In Japanese Noctis says お前らすきだ, aka Love you guys. Fucking localizers, YOU SHOULD'VE GONE FULL GAY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post

Noctis says "You guys are the best". In Japanese Noctis says お前らすきだ, aka Love you guys. Fucking localizers, YOU SHOULD'VE GONE FULL GAY.
    Yeah I found that scene odd... I was expecting a "I love you" but it never came, making the entire thing a bit off.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Now I'm curious what the Spanish and French wordings on that part are. When I get there in my current PT I'll have to flip the subtitles before I do the ending, unless someone else posts those before I get there

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Some people also started thinking it's the afterlife rather than the night before the final battle, because English Noctis says "I've accepted it" or something, whereas in Japanese he says "I'm prepared".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Some people also started thinking it's the afterlife rather than the night before the final battle, because English Noctis says "I've accepted it" or something, whereas in Japanese he says "I'm prepared".
    Its the same thing really imo. he knows he has to sacrifice himself, Bahamut told him so , and he had 10 years to deal with it
    He has accepted that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Its the same thing really imo. he knows he has to sacrifice himself, Bahamut told him so , and he had 10 years to deal with it
    He has accepted that fact.
    It's more that the English version can be interpreted as talking about something which has already happened, whereas the Japanese version it's really clear he's talking about something that hasn't happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    and now the devs themselves are saying its "left intentionally obtuse so you can pick your own interpretation" which is some dark souls 2 lore level bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    5) Ramuh. It's always Ramuh.
    I've never gotten a summon other than ramuh outside of a cutscene / scripted battle.

I'm not even sure the others exist (I know they do, but for realz)
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I've never gotten a summon other than ramuh outside of a cutscene / scripted battle.

I'm not even sure the others exist (I know they do, but for realz)
    And that shows how shit the current Summon System is.

One of the coolest parts of the game and you barely get to use it, if you get to use it.

I hope they change it but I don't see that happening.